Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

9.90 Renegade TEST Race

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Empty
PostSubject: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2011, 9:02 pm

OCT 8th, Thompson will host a 9.90 index race with rules same as 8.90 to see how well it works for next years program. Hope to see some new faces an of course CARS inn the lanes. This is the most fun ya can have with your clothes on so gas up an git er ready.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 8:13 am

Mr Z I was at TRP sat and knocked three teeth off my flexplate I think what you had was contagious. Do you still have your old flexplate maybe I can weld a tooth on and use it . I will try to make the 8.90 in oct if I am ready I,ll have to use the old washer trick lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 6:59 pm

If we use your uppers an my lowers we could make a good flexplate from the 2 halves welded together. If it is out of round when we're done it'll surge like a blower car when it idles,lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 7:23 pm

I love the thinking ? you guys put into solutions to the problems you run into. Most folks would run out to Summit and just by a new flexplate. But not the free thinkers of the QEDRC.
By the way Skip, I know a good car dentist than can maybe make you a temporary plate for the flexplate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 8:24 pm

"Thinking" comes real easy to guys like Skip an me.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2011, 8:36 am

You know Don you got me thinking even more we could bolt them together rotated so the broken teeth were across from each other then when it broke a tooth again you just take the bolts loose and rotate it some more, yeah thats the ticket, thanks for the encouragement Don and Dan it,s nice to have guys like you in my corner.
Back to top Go down
10secvega

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2011, 8:51 pm

What time does the gates open?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2011, 9:22 pm

usually 9:30 but I go early every time an the let us in around 9:00 cause the line gets long on the road.
Back to top Go down
10secvega

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 7:30 am

Mr Z wrote:
usually 9:30 but I go early every time an the let us in around 9:00 cause the line gets long on the road.

See you there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2011, 6:20 pm

We pitt by the concession stand if ya beat us there your welcome to be a neighbor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2011, 10:03 am

Good luck to any of the club members that are racing tomorrow at Thompson in the Renegade race. It looks like a beautiful day to be out racing. We'll be at PRP for the season ending Pro Mod race trying out the new intake, carbs and headers. Gotta get our Texas tune-up in the GXP for the race on the 21-23 at the Texas Motorplex.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2011, 9:46 pm

good job today Mr Z for winning the outlaw unlimited street class today. Look out for next year though cause keith wasn't happen when he couldn't race ya. the only comment he did have to say was my car has been 4.60 in the 1/8.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 7:56 am

Brock, who is this Keith you're talking about ?
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 9:15 am

I think he copied and pasted that from YB.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 3:03 pm

he is just a big player has lots of money and a real fast mustang. he failed to fire in the pits yesterday in the final round with Mr Z.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 3:20 pm

no it's not off yellow bullet I'm just saying what i heard yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 7:02 pm

You might be thinking of Keith Sabo, he's been that fast on small tires an only a handfull in the USA have. 4.60 is around a 7.0 pass in the 1/4, I've seen Keith Svedlock run a 7.90 at Norwalk before on bigger tires but never small ones. He hasn't beat me in a single race this year Brock whether it was qualifying or racing. Keith is a nice guy an a friend I talk to every race. I'd do fine against him even on a stickier track. It usually takes a 7.50-1/4mile turbo car to run with me in the 1/8, I usually get quite a headstart right off the bat an its hard to recover from.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:41 pm

yea you do good Don!!! lots of potential in your car and like u said you do get right out there and those turbo cars have a hard time beating you in the 1/8!!!! I wonder how renegade racing is going to be next year. I've been to 2 renegade races this year and had fun at every one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:47 pm

Renegade racing should be better than ever next year, the new 9.90 class had 14 cars I think someone said yesterday. OLS was a full field an the other classes were full or nearly full.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 7:09 am

Glad to hear that the 9.90 class was a success even with the late announcement of holding it. Also good to hear the OLS class was full too. With all the index class racing springing up across the country, I think the RRA racing will survive and grow. I think with Tom and Paul running the organization they'll keep it on a even keel too and not have it grow into the fiasco at Norwalk.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 8:47 am

I really wanted to make that race the next one I should be ready for the renegades are sure making show that everyone can enjoy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9.90 Renegade TEST Race    9.90 Renegade TEST Race  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9.90 Renegade TEST Race
Page 1 of 1