Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Generic gear drive starters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Generic gear drive starters Empty
PostSubject: Generic gear drive starters   Generic gear drive starters Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 8:33 am

I recently installed a new generic gear drive starter and flexplate on my monza and the car started acting real weird like the battery was dead or the timing was way advanced so finally it took the teeth off my flexplate.Well I got the chance to pull it down the other day and the starter was loose from the mounting block the three clocking screws had backed out ? now you think I would have caught this because I have seen it before but the car was cranking good sometimes then bad. So moral of the story is if you are conservative [or a cheapie] like me and you buy a generic starter take the clocking screws out and soak them down with locktite before installing it LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Generic gear drive starters   Generic gear drive starters Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 8:38 pm

Back to the dental chair, was that the flexplate we welded together from two good halves? #Who's idea was it to put the flexplate in between the trans an motor anyways, ya got some time this winter maybe ya could get it fabbed up on the front on the engine where it should have been all along.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Generic gear drive starters   Generic gear drive starters Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2011, 8:37 am

The flexplate we welded is on there now lol I was thinking of getting an air starter from a euclid and mounting it right to the crank either that or put a manual in and just use the truck to push start it at the track
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Generic gear drive starters   Generic gear drive starters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Generic gear drive starters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Tech Q & A-
Jump to: