Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Music

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Music Empty
PostSubject: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 4:28 pm

Ok folks, we're coming into the time of year when the racing is winding down and possibly other hobbies and interests start taking over. For us that are married, getting reaquainted with the person we married, or whomever might be your significant other becomes whom we look at more then the latest Summit catalog or our 2011 time slips. Anyway, most of us like some sort or style of music since we've probably grown up with it for many years. How about we start a thread on what type of music we like and add some links to You Tube, or what ever other link, to your fav artists and groups and why we like that type/style of music.
I was born in the middle of WWII (1943) but music never made an impression on me till maybe the late 50's early 60's. But I don't know what it is, but I don't care for a steady diet of this era of music like they play at most car cruises now. Maybe I heard too much of it back in the day and I'm overloaded on it. In my working career, I worked with a fellow, Al Dowe, who played the trombone in a jazz quartet and I developed a liking for jazz of that era. To this day I still gravitate to good jazz, rock music from the 70's and later, some country western and even groups like Metallica. What I DON'T like is the the gangsta music, any sorts of rap music and inner city crap, and modern singers and groups that have no business on the radio. But I don't have any control of that and just don't listen to it.
So post what and who you like to listen too. I'll start out with a link to one of my fav guitarists. Enjoy and lets keep this thread active. And I swear that if someone like Brock posts a link to Katy Perry or Justin Beiber I'll go to their house and take him out !! lol

And just as a sidebar, I tend to like local groups/bands from the Pittsburgh/Cleveland area too. I used to like Springsteen when his music was more blue collar, but he's got caught up in the New York mentality and now plays for the masses. Mellencamp I still like though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX5USg8_1gA
Back to top Go down

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 5:38 pm

Ok, I've come across another one that I like/love/enjoy. Skip, if you watch this, you better take your blood presssure meds first. LOL Like I've said, my musical roots are jazz oriented so bear with me and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI7GWbVV7ps
Back to top Go down
Wheaton-Special
Club Member
Club Member
Wheaton-Special

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 6:43 pm

This has been one of my favorites since I was a little kid. Now I'm the wolf! Lol P.S. Betty aint bad either! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JOwxnVoG6Q&feature=related I was born in 1975, but like most music to be a little older than me.
Back to top Go down

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 6:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 7:25 pm

Wheaton Special, thanks for picking up on the thread and posting a fav of yours. Music is such a integral part of our lives and gives us at least a little escape from our routines. It's good to see you look backwards and like older tunes than your age.
Back to top Go down

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 9:36 pm

I usually like just singing to myself, sometimes outloud when no ones around. But when I have family home, "Happy Birthday" is my favorite tune.lol !!!!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 10:21 pm

You guys don,t even want to get me started!! I listen to music everyday Don you got Clapton don,t forget Paige,Van Halen, Chet Adtkins,Roy Clark these guys are incredible I am like you I want the old stuff not to old though.What happened to the days when you knew who was singing just by their voice and style not all synthesized and computer enhanced.Heck I love Jazz and Country ,Reggae, rock and prolly most of all Motown. Dan that smooth operator can just chill you right out after a bad day I am not good at transferring music but I will list some stuff I really like and some great vocalists like Annie Lennox, David Ruffin,Allison Krauss,Freddy Mercury,David Lee Roth,Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins,Aretha Franklin,Elvis, If you hear these people you know it,s them by there style and sound.Groups like Abba, Molly Hatchet,Blackfoot,REO Speedwagon AC/DC,Sweet, Van Halen,Areosmith, I cannot list them all but I sit and listen to them all the time I used to listen to them in my drag car till I blew one up not hearing the motor LOL Try Ub40,s RED RED WINE it,s great and REO Speedwagon,s IN YOURE LETTER. I will list more this is a great Idea!!!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2011, 4:49 am

Santana?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2011, 8:06 am

You know it,s great how a song or music can take you back to wherever you were in your life when you first heard it [and for some of us it has to do a lot] LOL

Last edited by amac on December 11th 2011, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 5:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 6:55 pm

I need to make a video of our cars with this song!

Back to top Go down

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 7:19 pm

Toot,
Great idea, we'll have to do it this upcoming summer. Just a side note on the album pic you posted. Clarence (Chilly) Catello, of Detroit, built that '32 Ford you sent along which is on the Beach Boys album. The Washington Timing Assoc. ended up buying that car and was the ''club'' car for a few years. Now I'm talking the WTA from Washington, PA.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 7:34 pm

we will get with Wayne and use footage from the 6x6 tour...
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 8:31 pm

That would be cool most have just pics we could do it with actual footage. Yeah Dan good pick with Marvin Gay he was really making a comeback it was a shame to lose his talent.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 10:41 pm

AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin and so many more different rock n roll bands I like. I also like some country songs.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 11:04 am

Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member