Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Got a new ride looking for parts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chevy_rules
Club Member
Club Member
Chevy_rules

Got a new ride looking for parts Empty
PostSubject: Got a new ride looking for parts     Got a new ride looking for parts Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2012, 12:16 pm

This may post twice, first one hasnt posted on board.

Looking for motor or motor parts for my new ride, Strip only. Not sure if Im sticking with BBC or go SBC, so let me know what you have for sale. Im headed to the motor shop later this week to start a green build if I dont find anything to work form on here. Im looking for at least 650 hp and up to 950 depending on what I find.

I will be looking for tranny after I nail down motor direction, but if you have something for that let me know

email or call xbbenson@us.xnlmk.xcom x724-x813-x9164 you know thoses x dont belong in there
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Got a new ride looking for parts     Got a new ride looking for parts Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2012, 5:36 pm

Kevin might still have the 565 short block
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a new ride looking for parts     Got a new ride looking for parts Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2012, 4:43 pm

Built it to go fast, then get ahold of these guys to hold it back for the index you want....

http://restrictorplate.com/

Lots of 9.90 and 10.50 guys running these last season with alot of success.
Back to top Go down
Chevy_rules
Club Member
Club Member
Chevy_rules

PostSubject: needing to buy more parts      Got a new ride looking for parts Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 7:16 pm

Tell Me what you got.

Looking for gears for dana 60 3.90 to 4.33
Looking for powerglide or 400turbo tranny that can hold 1000hp with transbrake
68-73 Nova headers, BBC tall deck.
Alumn. radiator for 68-73 nova
BBC electric water pump 45+ gpm
Electric fan + 3000 cfm
5-8 gallon fuel cell

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a new ride looking for parts     Got a new ride looking for parts Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2012, 9:51 pm

Chevy_rules wrote:
Tell Me what you got.

Looking for gears for dana 60 3.90 to 4.33 ---cant remember the tire your using but if its 30inch or under you'll run out of gear with a 4.11, the motor your building will go 150mph or so an a 4.11 with a 30 tire will do 145.

Looking for powerglide or 400turbo tranny that can hold 1000hp with transbrake --- call Rossler, anything local prolly won't last an Carl says that a cast drum/th400 will explode in a 4.75 crank, not safe. I'd call Rossler or Abruzzi for sure an not try to save money here. Spend $2000-$2500 now an it'll last 5 years before its needs freshened for $300-$400. Spend $1000 now on a local build an you'll do it every 4 months.

68-73 Nova headers, BBC tall deck.----?????

Alumn. radiator for 68-73 nova---Griffen 2 row 1.25 wide cores

BBC electric water pump 45+ gpm---anything will work here.

Electric fan + 3000 cfm ---http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-188/ or http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-180/ Flexolite is all that will cool a big hard to cool motor. I put one in my Nova as well an its the only thing that has worked an worked well. lilZ put one in his car too an didn't have to use a huge radiater at all, the fan cooled it well.http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Cooling-Heating/Section/Fans/Brand/Flex-a-lite/Part-Type/Fans-Electric/Maximum-Fan-CFM/3-300-cfm/?Ns=Rank%7cAsc

5-8 gallon fuel cell---whatever fits well, don't forget the ground wire from the filler ring to the chassis, this is one thing tech everywhere looks for!

Back to top Go down
Chevy_rules
Club Member
Club Member
Chevy_rules

PostSubject: getting closer     Got a new ride looking for parts Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2012, 11:33 pm

Abruzzi is making me a tranny and convertor no longer need tranny
looking for .430 gear for dana 60 car has 33" tires but going to 32"
powerglide shifter perfer B&M Pro
water pump for bbc
radiator for nova to handel 1000hp
front runner tires 26 x 4.5

Also need head light buckets for 72 nova
looking for rear chrome bumber for 72 nova

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a new ride looking for parts     Got a new ride looking for parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a new ride looking for parts
Page 1 of 1