Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

IHRA License

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2012, 9:33 pm

I know Skip has one and Mr Z has a NHRA license does anybody else have one or want to get one?
Back to top Go down
Blair

Blair

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 7:34 am

Yes I would and I think Bill Benson does to.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 8:40 am

From what I have read if I understand it correctly 11.00 or slower you don't need to do test passes but still need three license holders to sign your application
Back to top Go down

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 7:13 pm

Ya can get IHRA at Thompson or any IHRA track, all ya gotta do is tell the manager(Jim Curtis) ya want to run license passes. I think ya need 3 slips in the ET range ya want to race. To get a 9.00 license ya must run at least 9.99 or faster to get it, to get a 8.0 ya gotta go 8.99 or faster. No Doctor's physical for IHRA an I don't remember needing signitures for IHRA either. to upgrade to a faster level ya just gotta make passes an have the form sent in by the track manager. NHRA needs a physical an 3 passes with a signature from a licensed NHRA driver. Ya must have your physical before ya do anything with the NHRA, an after 55 years old ya need an EKG exame for NHRA. I got em both an been there an done that! Hell I tested for IHRA at Empire in NY an crossed the center line an came back to finish in my lane on the final pass, I thought I failed, Bob said it was some fine driving an sent it in for me,lol.
Back to top Go down

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 7:16 pm

IHRA is for 9.99 an faster too if I remember correctly, an when ya get NHRA ya also get in the JEGS an SUMMIT Pro shop an get major discounts.
Back to top Go down

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 7:48 pm

sign me up!!!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 8:25 pm

Mr Z wrote:
IHRA is for 9.99 an faster too if I remember correctly, an when ya get NHRA ya also get in the JEGS an SUMMIT Pro shop an get major discounts.
That's what I was wondering how fast you had to go to get the pro shop discount.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 8:38 pm

Summit did not ask me how fast I was they just took my lic. number I have not talked to Jeg,s yet although they sent me some literature you may have to be 9.99 I,m not sure. There are three places on the IHRA app. for licensed drivers to sign but no mention if that will get you your lic.I did like Mr Z. and made passes for Jim Curtis at TRP those guys are great to work with but they do get busy and you have to work with their schedule.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 10:00 am

I just got off the Phone with the pro shop and Chuck said any current IHRA License is eligible for the pro shop discount.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 12:49 pm

Well I just Faxed in my Application called to confirm there received my fax and was told my new IHRA # 3X99 that is for 11.00 0r slower.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2012, 8:26 am

Congrat,s Toot on getting your lic. you can upgrade as you go faster.With all the discounts from Summit you should start going faster real soon!!! On an added note the three signature,s on the application for lic. are for the super fast stuff, top alcohol, funnycar etc. for us slow people we have to get a track official to sign.But Toot has the right idea get your lic. and then upgrade as you need to.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2012, 8:47 am

Thanks Skip I always wanted to start at the top and work my way down lol But I guess I have to get that T shirt " The older I get the faster I was "
Back to top Go down

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2012, 4:34 pm

with that ihra number that includes a license as long as you are 9.99 or slower???
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2012, 6:57 pm

B Slow wrote:
with that ihra number that includes a license as long as you are 9.99 or slower???

No Can not go faster than 11.00
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2012, 7:40 pm

Anybody wanting the forms can down load them click here
Back to top Go down

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2012, 9:16 pm

downloaded forms, thanx toot. U ARE THE MAN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 6:14 pm

just use my discount at summit it worked
Back to top Go down

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 11:07 am

I am now a licensed competition ihra driver. refer to me a 3x23.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 11:24 am

congratulations 3x23
Back to top Go down

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 12:28 pm

Now nobody do that as a multiplication problem and get ignorant ! lol
Back to top Go down
Zuluzahn
Club Member
Club Member
Zuluzahn

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 4:58 pm

Well, after a lengthy phone call to the IHRA, I got to keep my original number of 8X75. The issue was I hadn't renewed that number since 2003 which is when I last ran a full/hard season. She said she found my info in an old database. SWEET! How many of you guys race in the Summit Super Series Points program? I had run it before and had good success with it, I'm just curious if any others have had the same.

Back to top Go down

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 8:02 pm

Andamo wrote:
Now nobody do that as a multiplication problem and get ignorant ! lol
I knew it wouldnt take long for someone to pick up on that. that is the number they gave me, I didnt pick it.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2012, 8:09 am

Congrat,s Bill it nice to have that in this sport and the discounts are great too.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2012, 4:37 pm

Here is the link for the pro shop http://www.summitracing.com/proshop/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IHRA License  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IHRA License    IHRA License  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IHRA License
Page 1 of 1