Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

TRANNY FLUID

Go down 
AuthorMessage

TRANNY FLUID Empty
PostSubject: TRANNY FLUID   TRANNY FLUID Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2010, 9:10 pm

This is right off Rosslers site,

On Power-Glides with a 2 Quart after Market Deep Pan the Totoal Amount of Fluid, Measured in Quarts, That it will Take To fill the Transmission will Approximately be the same Number of Inches and your Torque Converter. For Example if you Have a 8 Inch Converter it will take Approximately 8 Quarts of Fluid, if you have a 10 Inch Converter it will Take Approximately 10 Quarts.

On a Th400 the Total Amount of Fluid, Measured in Quarts, That it will Take To fill the Transmission will Approximately be 2 Quarts More than the Number of Inches of your Torque Converter. For Example if you Have a 8 Inch Converter it will take Approximately 10 Quarts of Fluid, if you have a 10 Inch Converter it will Take Approximately 12 Quarts

Synthetics are Acceptable but Not Required.

900 HP OR LESS - Recommended Fluids

Dexron3/Mercon

Racing Fluid (B & M or TCI)

Ford- Type F

50/50 Mix of Dexron 3/Mercon and Ford – Type F

900 -1,500HP - Recommended Fluids

Ford- Type F

50/50 Mix of Dexron 3/Mercon and Ford – Type F

1,500HP and up - Recommended Fluids

Hydraulic Oil (10W-20 or 30 Weight)

Note: Hydraulic oil is used for tractor or heavy equipment transmissions. It can be purchased at Tractor Supply Company (TSC).

4L60E - 4L80E

Fluid Dectron 3,5, or 6 Mercon is Recommended. Try to use a Good Name Brand Oil Company, Please No Economy Store Brands. Synthetic Fluid is Acceptable but not a Necess
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

TRANNY FLUID Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRANNY FLUID   TRANNY FLUID Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2010, 9:06 am

That,s some good info. Z and with a name like Rossler you can trust it !!!
Back to top Go down

TRANNY FLUID Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRANNY FLUID   TRANNY FLUID Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2010, 6:47 pm

He built my tranny an its not his best TH400, the $2600 model with some trick parts an it had its first look inside last fall at 4 1/2 years old an it still worked fine, a couple hundred bucks for the refresh an it should be good for a few more years. Not bad if ya ever seen me lean on it hard. Not many transmitions could have lasted as long running 5.10's behind my motor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRANNY FLUID Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRANNY FLUID   TRANNY FLUID Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRANNY FLUID
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Tips And Tricks-
Jump to: