Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Brocks Hot Rod

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Brocks Hot Rod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocks Hot Rod   Brocks Hot Rod Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2012, 10:14 am

Why so much timing isn't that alittle high or do some motors like that kind of timing these days? We ran the timing 180 out before where you had to turn the distributor a complete turn before it showed up on the timing light lol some kind of old school trick that people tried to trick something into advances before it was post to. Who knows could of been bs but they tried that type of stuff back in the day. But I guess you got to go off your set up as well too when it comes to timing.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Brocks Hot Rod Empty
PostSubject: Brocks Hot Rod   Brocks Hot Rod Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2012, 10:41 am

Yea we are running small cubes it's only 340 cubes. The timing was at 36 but have to set it again will mess around with it and see what we can do. rpm's would be 7200 shift point. It's only a flat tappet cam but still alot of rpm that it makes power up to. It's a 606 lift, 13:1 compression, old set of race heads with 2.08 valves ect. I'm thinking about going with a annular booster carb cfm size probaly between 750-850. Been thinking about getting an 830 cfm but not sure wether it's going to be a hp, qf, or aed. Also want to get a carb spacer eventually to see what it will do. I am making some rather big changes to the car this year. We are getting rid of the mechanical water pump and the 5 pound metal fan thats causing all kind of drag to help free up some hp and going to electric. Took alternator off and not running that anymore just going to a second battery that will help weight transfer. Also took off the mechanical pump we had on the motor cause it's not needed because we have an electric red holley and it seems to work pretty good and the mechanical is just drag to the motor. Hope to get some low 7's in the 1/8 or low 11's in the 1/4 first time out. We have already been 7.50's in the 1/8 with messed up suspension and crapy 280 dollar carburetor lol. Also wrong plugs, ect. Speaking of top end we are making a gear change we have 5.13's in now and it's alittle to much for the 1/4 so we are going with 4.88's which should be ok being that the tire is 30.6 tall they are the 29.5x10.5. Our timing box is real old from the 80's but it works but we can't do any timing retard. Got good plugs that need cleaned up alittle but they are AR53 race plugs/autolite. We are getting new plug wires because they are 30 years old and all split and cracked and it was probaly effecting the timing. Going with the same thing we have just a new set of moroso race wires.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Zuluzahn
Club Member
Club Member
Zuluzahn

Brocks Hot Rod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocks Hot Rod   Brocks Hot Rod Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 10:21 am

Brock, if you can give me a part number of your camshaft and the actuall cc's of your pistons and heads. Also rocker ratio I may be able to play around and make a good recomendation on a few things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brocks Hot Rod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocks Hot Rod   Brocks Hot Rod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brocks Hot Rod
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Non Members Rides-
Jump to: