Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Zoomies or Headers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2010, 7:57 pm

I just took the zoomies off my monza and put headers on so I could run a scavenger evac system. I have been on line looking for some kind of discussion on what are the differences between zoomies and headers and I can,t find any solid info on this subj. Anybody have any info on this? Did I hurt performance or did I help it we may not know until the tracks open lol
Back to top Go down

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2010, 8:36 pm

I bet ya see 30-50 HP gain, the 4 into ones will work together an you will feel an see the difference in ET.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2010, 6:10 pm

Got the headers on today sure sounds different we,ll see what it does on the track I hope Don is right it will be a good test if nothing else !
Back to top Go down

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 12:19 am

I agree, you should pick up a decent amount switching back to standard headers that pull into a single collector. The motor should be more responsive down low and be smoother overall. I wouldn't doubt a tenth or two increase to be honest.

Gotta consider that most cars running zoomie headers are force fed and on nitro methane. They're making 7500 to 8000 and just gotta get the gases out no matter what. They don't need them to help with power. Conventional headers help the other cylinders pull exhaust gases out, increasing efficiency and the potential for more power on normal engines that aren't on the boarderline of hydraulicing on every stroke.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 8:24 pm

Well if the weather holds out Thompson will be the test for headers vs. zoomies I can,t wait if the headers don,t work as well I guess I,ll give her nos to carb cpr lol
Back to top Go down

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 8:51 pm

I'll have the bottles out warming up the 1st pass if ya feel LUCKY. Thats the only chance ya might have.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 8:58 pm

sounds like rocky may have share the throne.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 9:16 pm

On a full moon night the monza turns into a monzter and it will call anyone out and if I can catch Mr Z with his bottles warming I might sneak by him and then just go on and get Roc while I am at it Oh I gotta go now my wife just woke me up on the couch she said I was snoring and mumbling something about needing more nos lol
Back to top Go down

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 9:50 pm

Toot wrote:

Is he Coming? He can be my Queen!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 10:01 pm

Mr Z wrote:
Toot wrote:

Is he Coming? He can be my Queen!
affraid
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 8:03 am

Boy Mr Z your have low standards LMAO
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2010, 8:44 pm

Well so far the headers have performed as good as the zoomies but I pooched the converter so it has not been a good comparison yet the best zoomie 1/8 was 6.05 off the trailer with bad converter headers went 6.13 when I get the converter and trans back together I,ll try again I think I fixed the transmission with some good solid advice from DeArment transmission repair thanks Dennis.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 10:19 pm

Converter fixed minor damage to trans fixed with headers on best motor pass 6.07 spinning some but so far not much difference between zoomies or headers but with new converter car is so smooth I think it must have more in it !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zoomies or Headers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoomies or Headers   Zoomies or Headers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zoomies or Headers
Page 1 of 1