Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Mr.Z please translate this for me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Mr.Z please translate this for me Empty
PostSubject: Mr.Z please translate this for me   Mr.Z please translate this for me Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 10:13 am

NHRA tech answer. Can anybody here put this in english....

Steel-bodied pickup trucks (7.50 seconds and slower), roll cages

are permitted with no back braces if the roll cage satisfies SFI

25.1E, 25.2, 25.4, or the roll cage consists of a 4-point (door car)

cage with a complete SFI 2.4B, 2.5B, 2.6, 2.7A dragster, SFI 10.2,

10.3 altered, or SFI 10.4 street roadster roll cage/driver’s

compartment incorporated into and attached to the 4-point roll

cage. An upper windshield bar is mandatory.

Non-steel-bodied pickup trucks (7.50 seconds and slower), roll

cages are permitted with no back braces if the roll cage satisfies

SFI 25.1E, 25.2, 25.4, or the roll cage satisfies the requirements for

SFI 2.4B, 2.5B, 2.6, 2.7A dragster, SFI 10.2, 10.3 altered, or SFI

10.4 street roadster roll cage/driver’s compartment. No 4-point

(door car) cage is required and no upper windshield bar is required.

In which you will need to contact SFI @ 858-451-8858 for the above chassis specs
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Z please translate this for me   Mr.Z please translate this for me Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 9:02 pm

What that means is as long as you go to outlaw tracks where there,s no tech you don,t have anything to worry about lol
Back to top Go down
JoeyD
Club Member
Club Member
JoeyD

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Z please translate this for me   Mr.Z please translate this for me Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 9:04 pm

Toot, this just means we should keep going to Dragway 42, you passed tech there already! lol!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Z please translate this for me   Mr.Z please translate this for me Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 9:16 am

amac wrote:
What that means is as long as you go to outlaw tracks where there,s no tech you don,t have anything to worry about lol

I thought it said the same thing you did in our discussion about cages and trucks but I need to pass tech at norwalk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Z please translate this for me   Mr.Z please translate this for me Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 7:55 pm

I understand what it says , what are you asking about in perticular. Which pipe dont you have , they are saying ya don't need the bar behind the seat if ya got a 25.1, 25.2 or a 25.4 chassis, yours would be none of the above:

25.1 is a full tube chassis car or truck certed to 6.0 seconds in the 1/4.

25.2 is a 3/4 chassis certed to 6.0 in the 1/4, like my car is from the firewall back.

25.4 is 3/4 chassis ( chromoly or mild steel) from the firewall back with aluminum floor certed to 7.50 in the 1/4

25.5 is a 3/4 chassis (chromoly or mild steel) from the firewall back with steel floor certed to 7.50 in the 1/4

You have a mild steel cage in yours, if you are not faster than 9.99 you don't need a cage certification, only worry about safty equipment on you an the truck. Helmet, current SFI seatbelts, battery hold down an ground wire, 2 throttle springs, Make sure your cage is minimum required for your S10 an so on.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Z please translate this for me   Mr.Z please translate this for me Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 8:11 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Z please translate this for me   Mr.Z please translate this for me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr.Z please translate this for me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Tech Q & A-
Jump to: