Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

May 29th Club Race

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 9:39 pm

Hey guys we may want to check and see if Thompson is having a regular race along with the special event ???
Back to top Go down

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 10:47 am

Everyone I talked to that races at this event says they have a reg. bracket style race with the other races. The track will be hooking since they have the 3 second cars racing on that day. The Thompson hotline and websight sure don't tell you much.
Back to top Go down

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 1:33 pm

I tried calling about the gate opening time Saturday since the flyer says 10:00 and a e-mail I got from the track said 11:00. I gotta believe it's 10:00 since the first TT is at 12:30. They do an excellent job of prepping the track and it'll be a "pull your shoes off" track I'm sure. Jim Curtis and his crew do a great job and we all appreciate his efforts. Bob Rahaim, who normally races with us, won't be there after putting his Camaro into the wall at the ADRL race in Virginia. Bob ended up with 3 broken ribs, bumps and bruises and a wrecked race car.
And yes, it's a regular track points day along with the Quarter Eights club event and the Asphalt Wars cars. Good luck to all of you and hope to meet some of you Saturday.

Dan
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 6:59 pm

I called TRP today at 5:00 and they say yes there will be a regular race and they are expecting a very large turnout
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:11 pm

amac wrote:
I called TRP today at 5:00 and they say yes there will be a regular race and they are expecting a very large turnout

Is It $ 50 Bucks to race?
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:19 pm

Thats what it said on the web site.
Back to top Go down

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 8:17 pm

I have told about everyone twice there is a bracket race , I ain't a lying man, I'll kid ya sometimes but when asked a straight up question ya get a straight answer, why the doubt of a race? Unless rained out there will be a Bracket race.

Asphalt War Cars-- low 4's in the 1/8 Pro-Mods

8.90 index race-- simple

Box an No Box Bracket race
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 8:48 pm

Mr Z wrote:
I have told about everyone twice there is a bracket race , I ain't a lying man,

Nobody said That and I am sorry If I offended You
Back to top Go down

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:11 pm

Ya didn'y offend me, I didn't know you were one of the repeat asker's, but now that ya confessed,lol.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:18 pm

Toot wrote:
Mr Z wrote:
I have told about everyone twice there is a bracket race , I ain't a lying man,

Nobody said That and I am sorry If I offended You

Hey Don, never heard you say that, guess I need to keep up with things better . Hope I didnt offend you either !
( Thompson's Web site is very limited on info )
sounds like it will be a very busy day at Thompson so I'm going to pass I need to do a little TT on my Car in the 1/4 before I race.

Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:44 pm

I'm not offended at all by anyone, I.ve been telling differant people for weeks that theres a bracket race an just can't figure out why theres still some that are asking about it, no one must be spreading the word about it. Its looking like I might be by myself anyways .
Back to top Go down

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 6:29 am

Thompson is very lax in getting it's information out to the racers. Jim is aware of that situation, but it's out of his hands. Track owners anymore don't realize that most folks have computers or access to a computer to find out what is going on at their local tracks. In the past we listened to the radio for announcements, but that, along with newspaper ads have become so expensive, tracks rely on word of mouth or a schedule printed up at the beginning of the season. A friend of mine, Tom Lang, does a radio program from 6-8 every Monday night on a FM station, WMVL 101.7 out of Meadville about local car racing. Since we all live around mostly dirt tracks, the biggest portion of the 2 hour program is about those tracks. But Tom is a dyed in the wool drag racer and promotes our series at PRP on the program and other local events along with ADRL, IHRA and NHRA national events. He'll be at the race this Saturday and I'll talk with him about this. It would be nice to hear what is going on at Thompson, Steel Valley, PRP, Magnolia and Quaker even if he were to say the regular track points bracket race is going on this week. I have to say that PRP, Quaker and Magnolia do a good job of keeping their racers informed.
Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

May 29th Club Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 29th Club Race   May 29th Club Race Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

May 29th Club Race
Page 1 of 1