Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Lock-up Torque Convertor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NDA Racer

NDA Racer

Lock-up Torque Convertor Empty
PostSubject: Lock-up Torque Convertor   Lock-up Torque Convertor Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 10:25 pm

OK, my Wife has a 94 Sunturd with a 3.1 and TH125. Now the car has occasional problems locking up the TC at cruise. Anywhere from 35-55 mph. It will lock in and out a few times before it decides what to do. It usually goes away once it warms up. The trans was recently rebuilt and I'm getting tired of waiting for the rebuilder to take care of this. So do any of you guys know if this would be the converter lock-up solinoid going bad or?

TIA for any advice.
Back to top Go down
TurboJoe
Club Member
Club Member
TurboJoe

PostSubject: Re: Lock-up Torque Convertor   Lock-up Torque Convertor Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 8:44 pm

Yep, sounds like the LU solenoid.

My GN was doing the same exact thing with the 2004R trans, changed it out, and now all is well.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://qedrc.com
NDA Racer

NDA Racer

PostSubject: Re: Lock-up Torque Convertor   Lock-up Torque Convertor Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 1:59 am

Sweet, thank you very much!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lock-up Torque Convertor   Lock-up Torque Convertor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lock-up Torque Convertor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Tech Q & A-
Jump to: