Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Cleaning Lexan

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cleaning Lexan Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Lexan   Cleaning Lexan Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 7:50 pm

First an foremost I wash mine with just warm water, no detergents, it should be treated like a fine paint job, do not rub dirt into it, that'll scratch it worse. After cleaning the dirt if ya have some fine scratchs or cloudy spots use some real fine polishing compound or 3M Machine Glaze an polish them out. Now ya got a film ya gotta get rid of, what I do is use a good automotive wax an a foam polishing pad an wipe it on softly. I been using Meguiars Gold Carnaubu Plus, its easy to apply an wipes off well, no streaks, its a wax so ya kinda have to polish it out. When yer done the lexan will look nearly new again. Usually if the windows are taken care of all ya need to do is wash em off an wax em real good an they are done.

Don't ever use plexiglass for a substitute, it will break similar to glass an cut ya bad, lexan is a soft plastic that will not break, 1/8 inch will stop a .22 rimfire.

http://www.meguiars.com/press/release_viewer.cfm?selected_ID=205

Thats my best approach, how dow the rest of ya do it?
Back to top Go down

Cleaning Lexan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Lexan   Cleaning Lexan Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 8:19 pm

for real deep scratchs I have used the blue jewlers rouge on a drill with a small wool wheel run it real slow... it takes some time but you can get them to almost dissappear...
Back to top Go down

Cleaning Lexan
Page 1 of 1