Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Update

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Update Empty
PostSubject: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 9:30 pm

New Heads are in! woops maybe I shouldn't have posted this yet.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 7:42 am

Season aint over yet Mr Z I wouldnt let all my secrets out now there,s spies on this board and they are watching !!!!
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 6:56 pm

study
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 6:38 am

Mr. Z, the heads you're talking about are the high compression ones on your flathead motor for your new street roadster, right ? Yeah, that's the ticket...........
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 7:05 pm

yeah, with the chrome cooling fins
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 8:41 pm

picked em up today, Brodix Sweet 16 Big Duke's. Gonna try an get more air through the engine. A small child could walk into the port of these things an get lost. New 16 degree valve angle should be nitrous friendly an make a ton of power. The 16 degree valves have been said to be trhe best compromise with a nitrous engine for years but only the old OLDS Big Chiefs were made that way I believe. New 1600cfm Pro Systems 115 mm(special build) SV1 should be here next week too, A huge 1 barrel design that is also a great nitrous carb with excellant throttle response for footbraking-which is what I do. Everyone that has switched to the SV1 has gained at least a tenth over their old Dominator an some up to 3 tenths of ET gained. Hope the new pieces will propell the Z into the 4 second range in the spring with the juice, an maybe some low 8's in the 1/4 on motor too.
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 9:25 pm

Sounds like the Renegade Warriors might have to start a 7.90 index class now !

Don, I've never seen your engine, but am I correct you run a plate system or do you run a fogger ?
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 9:39 pm

I've already been 7.90's spraying the BMF chevy heads, I run a plate an a fogger but spray only one at a time, a small an a large kit or rather a large an a very large kit,lol. These Brodix heads should respond to nitrous much better an use a smaller hit to get better results I'm hoping.
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 9:42 pm

What does your car weigh ready to run ?
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 10:14 pm

It'll get down to 2815# but I race at 3010 or 3110 because of rules most times with ballast. I've been 7.94 at 3010 on 29.5x10.5's
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 5:40 am

Dang ! that motor is putting out some horsepeppers to go that quick at those weights. Do you weigh your bottle after a run, and if so, how many lbs. do you use in a typical run ?
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 9:38 pm

I get 3-1/8mi passes from 2 bottles then I change em, I purge most of it into the atmosphere, makes people think your faster than crap when ya do that. Usually there's 2 to 3 pounds left but I don't use it, I've ran out on a 4th pass before because of heavy purging an used up the last bit.

We're getting some new lightweight wheels, supposed to weigh less than a pound each, made out of a rare metal called "Unobtanium".
Back to top Go down
Wheaton-Special
Club Member
Club Member
Wheaton-Special

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 10:25 pm

Mr Z wrote:
I get 3-1/8mi passes from 2 bottles then I change em, I purge most of it into the atmosphere, makes people think your faster than crap when ya do that. Usually there's 2 to 3 pounds left but I don't use it, I've ran out on a 4th pass before because of heavy purging an used up the last bit.

We're getting some new lightweight wheels, supposed to weigh less than a pound each, made out of a rare metal called "Unobtanium".
I always wondered why you fellers only run six to eight pounds of air in them bald tires. Saving weight?
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 7:12 pm

You think that is pretty funny Tom but last Spring I filled my new air tank I got for Christmas an MrsZ heard me tell lilZ that it was up to 60lbs but it would take about 100lbs (PSI) in it an immediatly said she was not gonna carry that around if it was that heavy, we'd be better off using the old setup(Jump-pack an mini-compressor) because it was much lighter.LMAO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 9:15 pm

You tell stories like that Mr Z and you might have to fit in Benji,s house LOL
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 9:32 pm

I'm 2nd place to him anyways!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 7:12 am

Yeah that guy Frank keeps hanging around my wife I have to keep an eye on them all the time.
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 7:06 pm

I'm thinking of fully rollerizing my toilet paper roll in the Camaro for next season, sometimes ya need a few squares smooth an fast with no binding an the dry cardboard roll snags an is out of round most times. I have lots of difficulty with a out of round roll when in a hurry. I've seen scuff marks on the spindle from yanking some off fast on the shutdown lane an figure roller bearings will smooth the flow of paper an make cleanup quicker. If this works out I might do the same thing in the bathroom for Mrs Z too.
Back to top Go down
Wheaton-Special
Club Member
Club Member
Wheaton-Special

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 8:50 pm

Hey Mr.Z. That looks like a real good setup for you. The heads and carb ,that is,....maybe go to some of that coreless TP though. I see that Prosystems can build that carb all the way op to a 2600cfm. It sure looks promising, gonna be cool to tell everybody that your only going to run a single barrel. Hehe
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 9:59 pm

Got the carb today, about 1600cfm, 115mm throttle bore, the 115mm is a special run an is not listed on Pro Systems site.Common sizes are 95mm an 110mm . Thats 4 1/2 inches in American ! Thats larger in diameter than the toilet drain pipe in my house, I only run a 4in drain pipe there an can handle some very large brown trout. All billet main body with a 4.5 inch throttle blade, over all its small like a 4150 carb, about an inch shorter than a Dominater. Nothing in the way to slow airflow at all cept two brass squiter bars across the top. I remaember some guys using green tennis balls to keep stuff out of they're carbs tween runs years ago, I can use a "Volleyball" on this one,lol.
Back to top Go down

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2010, 8:56 pm

Getting the intake ported ,slowly, 4 ports are real close to the gasket match. Gotta put it on the motor an make sure the ports are matched to the heads exactly before its done. remove it again a then drill an mount the foggers, this is more work then the engine is. After engine is in the car, re-do headers , gonna tuck em up under the body for more of a street car look in case its real slow an can't compete.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2010, 9:33 pm

sounds like this new set up is going to make 1200 plus hp!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 12:52 pm

Another Spi photo
Update Nossys10
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 3:58 pm

that would be a tunnel ram with two 1050's with a Nos set up i think? LOL
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 8:15 pm

Getting the short block Friday morning, won't be long now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next