Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

battery box

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedracer

battery box Empty
PostSubject: battery box   battery box Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 5:32 pm

Anyone have a sealed battery box? I have the cables, just need the box. let me know.
Back to top Go down

battery box Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery box   battery box Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 3:50 pm

why does it have to be sealed? go to walmart and get there battery box for boats or campers. it will pass tech. I have one...
Back to top Go down
speedracer

battery box Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery box   battery box Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 8:24 pm

with a convertible, don't have panel/firewall between trunk and pass compartment. thought you needed one in this situation?
Back to top Go down

battery box Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery box   battery box Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 8:39 pm

NHRA rules say that it must be sealed with vent to outside of car if it is in the driver's area (rear of hatch like our camaros or a mustang) if I remember correctly. Unless you run a dry cell like our 16volt powermasters, then they're not required at all. But the basic rule is that the fuel cell and battery must be isolated from driver's compartment and vented outside...
Back to top Go down

battery box Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery box   battery box Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 10:02 pm

speedracer wrote:
with a convertible, don't have panel/firewall between trunk and pass compartment. thought you needed one in this situation?

sorry speed!!! wasnt thinking bout a convertible application... come on over and I will duck tape one shut for ya!!!
Back to top Go down
speedracer

battery box Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery box   battery box Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 8:56 pm

duct tape pass tech? only at sunset!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

battery box Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery box   battery box Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 9:00 pm

Tech and sunset now there,s two words that have nothing in common LOL
Back to top Go down

battery box Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery box   battery box Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 10:07 pm

Use a AGM or a dry cell like the Optima batterys an ya don't need on at all. Box is only required on a wet cell battery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

battery box Empty
PostSubject: Re: battery box   battery box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

battery box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Wanted Items-
Jump to: