Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

recon engine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 8:08 am

The 350 in my truck has been hating life due to being severely overheated by it,s previous owner so i did a compression test a couple weeks ago with bad results I called around about rebuilding the engine and was looking at 3-4 weeks down time. Well I can,t function without my truck so I called Greenville auto parts and talked to Lester jr. he got me a recon Atk engine and delivered it to my shop.I have used these before they seem to do real good and have a three year unlimited mileage warranty. I finished installing it yesterday with a new set of injectors and it runs great thing fired right up and ran smooth just in time for the party I could have saved some money rebuilding my old motor but would not had a warranty and the down time would have been a big issue the way it runs so far it was worth it. We,ll see how it tows the Monza this spring. I didn,t want a new truck my old one knows the way to all the tracks I race at!!!
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 6:14 pm

Hey skip my dad would like to get my moms jaguar in your shop as soon as possible to get that dent fixed?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 10:17 pm

Just give me a call and I,ll get it taken care of 724-475-4365 if no answer lv. message thanks Brock
Back to top Go down

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 7:04 pm

This ain't one of them "Porta Recon" engines is it, I hear the warranty is bad on em,lol
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 7:06 pm

Yes but it is a heated porta oh that,s a toilet lol
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 2:33 pm

Hey i have a question for you guys! under are car they sprayed this stuff called z bart it was like a big thing back in the day and it looks really nasty and its also weight! what would be the quickest or easiest way of getting that stuff off?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 3:43 pm

Any kind of undercoating is very difficult to remove Brock but the fastest way is to heat it and scrape it which is very nasty. Sand,media blasting will do it to but real slow because undercoating is so spongy.If you get it scraped enough you can wash the remains off with DITZO 440 MADE BY PPG still real messy so get coveralls gloves eye protection etc. you will need them lol
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 7:23 pm

Brock Spangler wrote:
Hey i have a question for you guys! under are car they sprayed this stuff called z bart it was like a big thing back in the day and it looks really nasty and its also weight! what would be the quickest or easiest way of getting that stuff off?

Easy off oven cleaner works good and you have to rinse it off thou..
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2011, 12:33 am

what would be easier in the long run? srapping all of that z bart off and it is on every square inch under the car? OR replacing the floor and everything else inside of the car with an aluminum interior kit from jegs? plus that is the orginal flooring in that car its been patched up and it doesnt look so good or safe.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2011, 8:04 am

You could shed some weight by going to alum. and it would not be so messy.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2011, 11:52 am

skip do you know anyone that does that type of stuff?
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2011, 7:45 pm

Hey skip i have been working on the zbart! I took a grinder and put a wire wheel on it and it takes the zbart right off. But i cant get every little thing so were can i get that Ditzo 440 made by ppg at? would auto zone have it?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2011, 7:37 am

Auto Zone would,nt have it Brock you have to go to a parts store that deals in paint and if you can,t get ditzo 440 get prep sol or pre cleaner. Advantage auto parts, API,Hovis, should all carry something you can use don,t forget the gloves and eye protection!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

recon engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: recon engine   recon engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recon engine
Page 1 of 1