Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Andy at K & K

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

Andy at K & K Empty
PostSubject: Andy at K & K   Andy at K & K Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2010, 11:31 pm

Just some facts about My motor that I had a Total rebuild on last year by Andy at K & K
Started with a 565 that was in my 61 Vette when I got it, Car ran a 5.39 at my local track here in Va. took her up to Andy after spinning a rod bearing for a complete rebuild and up the cu inch to 600,new rotating assembly, received a Quote for the work and was given a completion date ! well to make a long story short ...the Car is 3 tenths slower, leaks oil out of the belt drive, found old parts where New ones should have been and the price Quoted was alot higher. Missed the completion date by two months and I had to set on his door step to get him to finish the job ! never received a list of work performed nor has he offered to fix or make good on his work !

Last edited by Rocs61vet on March 15th 2010, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Andy at K & K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy at K & K   Andy at K & K Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 9:01 pm

Thats 100 hp loss or so. he musta lowered compression a few points or shortened the stroke. Its very hard to loose that much power in the bottom end.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

Andy at K & K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy at K & K   Andy at K & K Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 12:20 am

I agree Don, not sure what He did inside the engine, I just Hope it makes it through this years racing season, after that I will pull it down and check the Heads and rotating assembly ! That was 10 K wasted !!!!
Back to top Go down
chevy2kid
Club Member
Club Member
chevy2kid

Andy at K & K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy at K & K   Andy at K & K Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 3:37 pm

no comment on andy
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

Andy at K & K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy at K & K   Andy at K & K Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 11:06 pm

That doesnt sound very Good ?...I would just like to get a itemized list and cost of the real work that was done on My motor, not just what Andy said was done !....? Maybe the IRS can Help me with that ???
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Andy at K & K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy at K & K   Andy at K & K Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 7:43 am

Man at the track (sunset)Two different people ask me about K&K I told them I have never dealt with them and warned me not too...This is my machinist Tait He did my Vortec's
Back to top Go down
chevy2kid
Club Member
Club Member
chevy2kid

Andy at K & K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy at K & K   Andy at K & K Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 7:51 pm

i would never take ant thing to andy not even my push mower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Andy at K & K Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy at K & K   Andy at K & K Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andy at K & K
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Tips And Tricks-
Jump to: