Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Cruise in VS. Drag Racing

Go down 
+5
Toot
Little Toot
kpurdie
Blair
amac
9 posters
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Empty
PostSubject: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 1:33 pm

This seems to be a hot topic within the club these days and with good reason. This is a Drag Race Club and was set up that way but that does not mean we should shun other forms of Hot Rod related activities.However I for one am only interested in Drag Racing myself and with today,s economy and PRICE OF GAS I will have to limit my racing. If I cannot afford to race I will not go to cruise,s for a substitute, I don,t have it in me to sit and look at my car and talk about how it runs, now these are just my feeling,s,other,s can do it and enjoy themselves. This is why I am having a hard time trying to organize taking the drag cars out somewhere to show. If you load you,re car on the trailer gas up the truck and get everything ready to roll, then you may as well tow the rig to a dragstrip unload it and run it !!! to unload it in a parking lot to sit around seems like a waste and with todays economy who can afford to waste time or gas. These are only my thoughts and I am not trying to push my Ideas on anyone but I am a drag racer I tried the cruise,s and am just not happy doing it SORRY. As far as making officers in the club and taking dues etc. we are not going to do that either !!! The club majority feels that the club is fine just the way it is and like I said before if we make a decision as a club it will always be right for the club. That,s why I am saying a lot of thought should be put into what we do as a club we cannot make everyone happy but we will always try our best. And as long as everybody is having fun it should,nt matter LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 3:35 pm

Car cruises don't bother me, I like to go an walk around a bit an leave, ya won't find a lawn chair in my car though. I've got 3 street machines an all have seats to be rode in. To each his own on sitting around on hot asphalt. Lots of members are mostly cruisers an enjoy that, I'll attend the cruises with my cars but I'll be walking looking at cars not sitting. its all HotRodding of a sort.

If the money or officer thing keeps coming up maybe we should have a vote to eliminate the members that keep pushing the issue against the majority of the clubs wishes???? We decided that when the club was started an had a large group vote it down at the Feb meeting. They could always have their own club with dues an officers if they like.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 6:23 pm

As usual Mr Z very well said. Hopefully it won,t be long and we will be discussing what track we are going to be racing at and knocking these winter blues off !!!
Back to top Go down
Blair

Blair

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 7:46 pm

Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club. The name says it all. The original members of the club agreed that this would be a drag racing club and all members had to be drag racers and make at least one pass. Alot of people seem to be cruisers and not that interested in drag racing at all. We also agreed that there would not be officers or funds. If we start collecting money in a kitty, then the next problem will be an argument on what we should spend it on!! The ones who are so interested in cruises and officers, should probably start their own car club. That may seem harsh but this is a different kind of club from any other. We are die hard drag racing fans!! (at least most of us!) Even though 3 of our 4 hot rods happen to be street legal, we are still not the cruising type. Not that we will never do an occasional cruise, but like Skip said, if your gonna fill it full of gas and go out to do something, much rather make some noise and smoke on the drag strip, then sit on a chair by my car and answer dumb questions from total strangers that know nothing about cars. We love the thoughts of a DRAG RACING CLUB!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 8:09 pm

I just gotta say this... maybe I'm missing some info but, My problem with the money thing , (even though its been voted out already), is the idea of raising or collecting money for what? I haven't heard of a reason we need any money, only that someone wants to collect it an hold it for the club without any need or targeted goals to use it for. Sounds fishy to me., I've heard of no reason we would need a club cash cow, it'll only land us in trouble with the tax man unless we set the club up to handle money in one way or the other which most don't want . Most of the members that are capable of handling a business type structure are to busy working an don't want any part of it so we would be stuck with members that don't know there azz from a hole in the ground taking care of the money an the IRS,weeeeeeeeeooooooo. We can all pay our own way to whatever we each enjoy in my opinion an have a blast doing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 9:25 pm

no money and no officers, I thought that was shot down in feb. meeting.
this is a drag racing club , is it not. cruise-ins should not even be an issue...

IF I WANTED TO SHOW AND SHINE MY STUFF I WOULD OF JOINED A CAR CLUB!!!

LET'S GO DRAG RACING!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 9:29 pm

Like everyone above has said, this is a drag race club....

Don't have a car to take down the 1/8 or 1/4 mile?

All you wanna do is car cruise?

Wanna add officers and start collecting dues and having fund raisers?

GET OUT!!!
Back to top Go down
kpurdie
Club Member
Club Member
kpurdie

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 9:41 pm

Mr Z, B Slow, Z28, thank you i agree 100%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 9:48 pm

Cruise in vs Drag Racing ???? This should not be EITHER / OR.....Many of our members can do BOTH! Some members are more for one side or the other. All members will have to take their car down the track.......If members don't want to go to the cruise in's, then don't go! I don't see the big deal with this?????? The deal with money and officers I spoke my piece at the feb. meeting and the club voted NO! We are still a young club and having growing pains, please let's try to keep it fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 10:00 pm

Don't get me wrong, we've done our fair share of car cruising, and there's nothing wrong with car cruisers. However, this club was not founded by a bunch of ancient dudes sitting next to their 150hp 305's in they're 1970's lawn chairs at the park. It was founded by folks that like to take them down the track from now and then, and keep it safe by playing where it's legal, on the track.

Like I said, I have no problem with car cruisin', it's fun alot of times. But having dedicated cruise night is not what this is about. Some members have cars that pull double duty, or several cars that fit either bill.

This club is for those who like to go out and beat the every living shit outta their stuff on the track a few times a year. Some once, some once every other day. That's all!
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 11:25 pm

Little Z28 wrote:
This club is for those who like to go out and beat the every living shit outta their stuff on the track a few times a year. Some once, some once every other day. That's all!

Well said. thanks for the new signature btw.. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 11:53 pm

The best way of putting it is like BSlow said:

The Quarter Eights is not a "car club". It is a "drag racing club". Either fit the description or move on.....and yes lots of folks do both that's fine. You just can't get by here doing the first option only.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 7:20 am

I may be a newbie in the club but over the years I've been in some car clubs with dues and officers and rules. And in every one of those clubs, which by the way none exsist today, they all fell apart because of the dues, officers and rules. As soon as somebody gets a little power, like a club officer, the power goes to their heads and wrecks what could have been a nice casual club.
I like the informality of this group of folks and as long as it's kept this way it'll survive.
As far as the cruising part, anyone that joined the club knew what the premise of the club was about. It's hard core drag racing based. But if folks want to take their cars to cruises, all well and good. Just don't try and change the basic philosophy of what and why the club was originally formed.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 8:46 am

That is exactly why I started this thread some members keep telling me that we are going to turn into a car cruise club well all I have to say to them is READ THIS THREAD LOL. I stand with everyone it,s not that I don,t like cruisers there,s just not enough action in it for me. I have a street car also to cruise in but Mrs Amac is usually taking it to the track and sometimes even getting in the brackets with it [and right now she,s mad because it,s to slow] so keep on sending those opinions it is what makes this club strong and unique.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 2:22 pm

I still don't get it....what is wrong with doing both???????? If members have concerns, why don't they bring it up at the meeting???????? If they feel that we are bringing in to many cruisers/racers then why are they voting them in????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 3:03 pm

There's nothing at all wrong with doing both. I think the point is that it shouldn't be expected of the club to have cruise in events for members that only partake in those events. From what I gather from hearsay at meetings and on here. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 4:11 pm

pineapple wrote:
I still don't get it....what is wrong with doing both???????? If members have concerns, why don't they bring it up at the meeting???????? If they feel that we are bringing in to many cruisers/racers then why are they voting them in????

I don't think anyone is going to stop any members from car cruising, but ya better get to the track an outta the lawn chair a few times to be a member of this club. You can't be solely a car cruiser, its not the intent of the group. Our club isn't organizing any cruises an Charly B's is just having the cruise on our meeting night is all. I'll stroll the parking lot an look at a few rides, I've challenged some of em at times to come to Sunset an teach em how to drag race if they feel lucky. The one thing at cruises that I can't stand is the choice of music an how loud it is, suckyest(new word) friggen sound I've ever heard an I think they all have the same recordings. The 50's are long gone an the music is awful, cars were big slow an ugly, I look for trhe 60-70's cars with some power to look at when I'm walking around, just like I do in the pitts of any drag strip.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 8:19 pm

Toot wrote:
Well instead of beating around the bush I will come right out and say it.
The only Cruze In's I want to do is my truck setting in the pitts waiting my next pass down the dragstrip. If that is what you are into that is great, and I have been in a Cruze before but, I did't join a "cruze in club". If there is a race and a Cruze on the same day I will be at the track.

Don't know what else to say but if someone in the club wants to have a car cruze and nobody shows up them maybe they will understand I don't have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 10:09 am

Well damn...its nice to hear that you guys and gals are still alive up North of the Mason Dixon Line ! Sounds like some one has been stirring the Pot or smoking it !
..........QUARTER EIGHTS DRAG RACE CLUB ......Thats Right "DRAG RACE CLUB"
When I get "OLD" maybe then I will park my ass at the DRAG STRIP and watch !!!......thats only when I get OLD !!!
Im a Old Hot Rod Guy not a Car Show Guy !...if you want to see some Good Looking Bad Ass HOT ROD'S go to the DRAG STRIP ....not no cruise in , its OK for those girley Guys I guess ???
Back to top Go down
murphdawg

murphdawg

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 6:41 pm

http://www.magnoliadragstripinc.com/

[b][i] cheers good old time RACIN IS NOT SETTIN AROUND POLISHIN ITS RACIN WITH ALOTTA GOOD PEOPLE ITS THE ROAR OF THE ENGINE ITS THE SMELL OF TIRES ITS THAT FEEL OF WINNER THAT FEEL OF LOSIN AND FOR TOOT THE TASTE OF ICE CREAM lol!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 6:47 pm

WHO GOT ICE CREAM !!! I DIDN,T GET NO ICE CREAM
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 8:04 pm

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 8:58 am

Rocs61vet wrote:
Well damn...its nice to hear that you guys and gals are still alive up North of the Mason Dixon Line ! Sounds like some one has been stirring the Pot or smoking it !
..........QUARTER EIGHTS DRAG RACE CLUB ......Thats Right "DRAG RACE CLUB"
When I get "OLD" maybe then I will park my ass at the DRAG STRIP and watch !!!......thats only when I get OLD !!!
Im a Old Hot Rod Guy not a Car Show Guy !...if you want to see some Good Looking Bad Ass HOT ROD'S go to the DRAG STRIP ....not no cruise in , its OK for those girley Guys I guess ???

I apologize if I hurt any of you " Girley Guys " feelings ! I will be at the next meeting for a Bitch Slap .............I really like rough sex !!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 11:22 am

They way gas is going up now I am not sure if anyone will be able to afford pulling there car, putting it down the strip, and feeding there belly's. Lets just go have fun.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 7:48 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise in VS. Drag Racing   Cruise in VS. Drag Racing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruise in VS. Drag Racing
Page 1 of 1