Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Sunset Opening Day?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Sunset Opening Day? Empty
PostSubject: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2011, 5:46 am

As always sunset will open the first Sunday in April etc etc.. Alex Said So.....
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2011, 5:30 pm

Thanks for the Info It gives me 18 days to get ready which is 2 and 1/2 weeks! I am so excited!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2011, 6:33 pm

That is hilarious. lol
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2011, 7:08 pm

Brock Spangler wrote:
Thanks for the Info It gives me 18 days to get ready which is 2 and 1/2 weeks! I am so excited!

That was the last post on Sunsets website....lol
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 9:05 pm

Who is all going to be there opening day?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 9:13 pm

Nobody has talked to Alex that I know of ?
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 11:56 pm

Hey skip, question for yah. What time frame are we looking at for paint lol, I figured that might depend on color and stuff lol , were pretty close to being.done
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2011, 1:58 pm

Prolly about 4-5 days like you said depending on color,stripes etc. We,ll get it done so long as you don,t go to fast and blow it off LOL
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 11:24 am

Well I completely made up my mind on the color. My dad said he is or was going to call you and were thinking this weekend if that is a problem with you. Kandy black cherry is the color and silver stripe up the cowl not on roof then on rear. Just one stripe. If you have an email address I can send the picture of the paint color cause were worried about the color. You of all people now that there are alot of shades of red. But looking at this color first you think black then its like a really deep red. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 10:29 pm

were is everyone racing at this year? Everyone acts like they are not going to sunset.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 8:25 am

Yeah we can get together Ryan this weekend I,ll take a look at it my pc wont do a email pic at the moment but I,ll pm my address when it,s working. Brock according to Frank P. Alex is coming up the fifth of april I will be running most of the time prolly at TRP or QRP as for the rest I am sure if sunset opens there will be racers there it,s a dragstrip ain,t it LOL

Last edited by amac on March 23rd 2011, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 11:09 am

amac wrote:
I am sure if sunset opens there will be racers there it,s a dragstrip ain,t it LOL

It use to be!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 9:41 pm

Brock Spangler wrote:
were is everyone racing at this year? Everyone acts like they are not going to sunset.

We'll be there watching on occasion. I'm not wasting my car there though, too risky and too much money to beat on it there. We'll be at TRP, QCR, Milan, Columbus, New York International and Pittsburgh just like we are every year.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 8:22 am

A lot of people are feeling just like you Donnie if Alex would put just a little back into the track [and I am sure there would be plenty of help] it could be so nice. Sunset is my hometown track and I will support it by giving labor towards fixing it up, but it is getting harder and harder to go fast there the poor thing needs a little tlc all Alex has to do is say the word and I will be there but not to keep patching it up but to fix it right !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 9:42 am

Believe me, this isn't meant as a slam against Alex by any means, but I think he doesn't realize the power the cars of today have and what a bumpy track can do to a race car. But on the other hand, Alex is in his 80's and I don't think he wants to invest in upgrading the track, especially when it's for sale.
If the track is like many of the roads we travel on after this winters freezes and thaws cycles, it'll only be worse than in the past. Is there a answer, no, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 9:54 am

But yeah I understand what everyone means the track is rough and needs TLC. skip same with me and my dad if alex wants to ever fix it up we would be there to help. My dad and I will take the car to sunset for a while and than we will go to quaker and thompson.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 8:31 pm

A friend of mine called alex the other day and sunset offically opens on april the 3rd!
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 1:45 pm

Hey skip since printing out color on paper doesnt look the same im putting this link on here hopefully it works.

http://www.dixieart.com/4606_BlackCherry_lg.jpg
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 1:46 pm

Also this is from Auto Air Series 165$ a gallon just paint not including anything else. I wasnt sure where you order from and if they had a website to look at colors.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 10:30 pm

Ryan thats not a bad price average paint is 25.00 a quart for base although I have never heard of auto air series but if we need to looks like black cherry with heavy purple pearl.I have some black cherry and I can get some pearls so I could try and tint it myself that,s if you can,t buy it.
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 10:23 am

i can always buy a quart to see what it looks like and then bring it when i bring the car up to see if you can match it with your paint supplier?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 12:50 pm

That might be a tri color meaning you put a base on then put a pearl clear on to taste then put pure clear on. One thing you want to keep in mind is repairability colors like these don,t like to be matched if they get scratched or something LOL
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 3:12 pm

yea idk how to get black cherry ive been looking and most of them have been to red
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunset Opening Day?   Sunset Opening Day? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunset Opening Day?
Page 1 of 1