Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

6 tracks 6months ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 9:39 am

At the April meeting we discussed going to a different track once a month and everyone liked the idea now what we have to do is some planing, this is not mandatory so nobody has to get all nerved up LOL Do we start in april or may and make one the picnic, Quaker seems to be a favorite for that. This should be easy as long as we plan ahead the Turners suggested that we pick the tracks on a weekend when nothing big is scheduled and I agree 100% no need in going to a busy track and waiting to get passes.I really believe this will give the club a lot of credibility with the tracks Phil N. talked to Steel Valley and they said we would get a discount if we showed up in numbers it,s a little over 100 miles from Mercer but with a discount the money saved would help on gas. I,m thinking the end of the month sat. or sun.or even fri. nights ? Maybe try the close track,s first like QRP,TRP,etc. and see how it goes, now I have not talked about Sunset because most members will be there every weekend anyway and we want track,s to hear about us that don,t know us. Also we can stick to close tracks if the gas get,s to stupid just alternate to keep it interesting.So throw some ideas out and let,s get organized tracks are opening up everywhere and a couple of days of sunshine and we be doing it. ahh the smell of burning rubber, the sound of generators, choking down track food LOL I can,t wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 10:41 am

I am excited to see what this season holds. As all of you know last season ended on the wrong note for some members... Let's open this season with some Quarter Eights power!!! My s10 started for the first time last night, and it sounds sweet!!! I am ready for my 15 second time slip... I agree. We should try to hit some new tracks such as Pittsburgh Raceway Park, Steel Valley, ect... Heck Quaker is a whole new track this year as well and I am kind of anxious to see how Greg and Norm run it. I hear nothing but great things about Greg and Norm, and from what I hear, Gregg did one helluva job at PRP. THANKS GREG AND NORM!!! As I mentioned before, I'll come to every event my wallet will let me go to... LOL

I am also ready to smell race gas burning, burnouts, and to eat some track food...

Little Toot

EDIT: sorry for the long post, I am just excited my truck runs...LOL
Back to top Go down

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 1:12 pm

Since some of the club members race in the Renegade Racing Assoc. why not incorporate one of the club get togethers with a Renegade race ? Probably would be a good idea not to have it when the Asphalt Warriors at Thompson or the 1 at Quaker when the Door Wars are running though. Parking might be at a premium at that combined show. Those dates would be June 18th and July 23rd at Thompson. Just a suggestion.

Maybe if anyone knows Dixie at Magnolia, contact her and ask her about a small club discount.

I have a strong feeling that asking for that at PRP is a lost cause.

Last edited by Andamo on April 10th 2011, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 2:01 pm

Better get Roc to talk to Dixie... LOL
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 8:06 pm

I also liked Bill Bensons idea of offering to prepay to get a discount it would be a lot easier to now how many parking spaces to Save. Also like the idea of Picnic being at Quaker.
Back to top Go down
Phil N
Club Member
Club Member
Phil N

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 8:15 pm

Pittsburgh has test and tune on thursdays in the summer , maybe we could go down on a regular meeting night and have our meeting there.some might want to bring their cars to run or guys that were never their could just go and check the place out.
Back to top Go down

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 6:12 am

Phil, the only problem I see with the T&T nights at PRP is that it only lasts 4 hours usually from 6-10. Some of the folks have long drives just to get to the track. And on test night there all the tuners with treaded tires are there and making bald spots all over the starting line. We learned last year with the Cobalt to NEVER take it there on T&T night.
Back to top Go down

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 6:41 pm

PRP is packed on thursdays with TNT in the street tire lanes. It's awesome to go watch if you have friends with street cars that are in the 10's, 11's, 12's. I have taken my car their twice in the past when it ran mid 10's and it was hooking great. Only trouble is the slick tired guys are not catered to on that night and you're lucky to get two passes in on that night.

I like going out with friends and watch the rookies in the street lanes acting all wild and crazy. Always good for a good spill or two. Like the guy in a nova last year who broke an axle at 20 ft out and continued to drive 40 mph down the track with the tire half off the car, grinding the crap outta something inside the housing.

Or brand new camaros with broken input shafts....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6 tracks 6months ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 tracks 6months ?   6 tracks 6months ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6 tracks 6months ?
Page 1 of 1