Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Race car insurance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil N
Club Member
Club Member
Phil N

Race car insurance Empty
PostSubject: Race car insurance   Race car insurance Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 12:04 pm

Do any of you guys have insurance on your drag cars ? I started thinking about it on my way home from thompsom last Sat. some dope in a 18 wheel; truck cut me off I had to nail the brakes the trailer went sidways but thank God I was able to save it I talked with my insurance agent about covering the race car
< they said no way will they cover it, in fact I did't know it, but it is'nt even covered when sitting in the grarage under my home owners. I know my car isn't a high dollar car but if I lost it it might take years to replace it. Do any of you Guys know of a company that covers race cars .I know that on the track I would be on my own .Just looking to cover it on the trailer and in the garage.
Back to top Go down

Race car insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race car insurance   Race car insurance Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 2:24 pm

Phil,
There is a fellow in Ohio by the name of Bill Lutz that races a twin turbo 10.5 Camaro and his business is insurance, especially race car insurance. The name of his company is Central Ohio Insurance Services and I believe it's in Canal Fulton. I know he's testing today at National Trail, so Monday might be a better time to talk with him.
There is also a fellow, whos name I can't remember right now, that raced at Quaker City for many years and I saw him racing at Magnolia a few years ago with his Stock or Super Stock Firebird. He also writes race car insurance. When I think of his name, I'll PM you with it.

Last edited by Andamo on May 14th 2011, 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Race car insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race car insurance   Race car insurance Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 5:13 pm

I have fire and theft on mine like ten bucks a year thought it was covered if in tow from car insurance
Back to top Go down
eliminator528

Race car insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race car insurance   Race car insurance Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 8:11 pm

Andamo wrote:
Phil,
There is also a fellow, whos name I can't remember right now, that raced at Quaker City for many years and I saw him racing at Magnolia a few years ago with his Stock or Super Stock Firebird. He also writes race car insurance. When I think of his name, I PM you with it.

Dick Kincaid, Kincaid Racing Insurance. I know Steve Stasko told me in the past that his cars and the trailer are covered through Dick.

Edit: http://www.kincaidracinginsurance.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Race car insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race car insurance   Race car insurance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race car insurance
Page 1 of 1