Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Empty
PostSubject: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2011, 3:17 pm

Friday, September 2nd, test n tune with a gamblers race. Gates opening at 5 PM and time trials starting at 7PM

Saturday, September 3rd, regular race day No Points with all classes. Gates open at 9 AM with Rossler Transmission TCR at 10AM and Falcon Transport Jr's immediately after with big car time trials starting at 1 PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2011, 4:31 pm

With all the cars that are racing at Quaker now, they need to get a earlier start for a earlier finish. Plus we're coming into the fall season and the dew settles onto the track earlier. I know some with complain they can't get there in time, but you're not going to please everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2011, 7:05 pm

They finally got smart after having the Renegade OLS and 8.90 class split the money at 1 a.m. due to moisture on windows, cars and the track....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2011, 7:21 pm

It was a smart move to split, but splitting the money isn't what true drag racing is all about. You have 1 winner and bragging rights, at least till the next race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2011, 8:43 pm

There's no reason that it went that late. Yes they had a good turnout but not starting time trials til 3 on Saturday? We got there around noon and made 3 passes before 1 a.m. Not exactly exciting if you know what I mean....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2011, 5:49 am

I think Greg listened to too many of the racers that wanted a later start because of their own personal reasons. And now he's seeing, and hearing, that the program takes too long to complete. I realize he's dealing with a new bunch of folks working there, but I don't know how it's been lately, because of the distance from the head of staging to the burn-out box is longer than most tracks, they weren't pulling the cars from the lanes quick enough. Maybe that issue is resolved now, but when I was there in July on a Friday I could see this happening then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2011, 8:41 pm

The lanes moved ok when I was up there, it was just a lot of cars an one or two oil downs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2011, 6:25 am

That's good to hear Don. I know they've been having good car counts at Quaker and Thompson's count has dropped. I guess with the big car count of regular racers, all the Renegade cars, the oil downs and the late start makes for a long day.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2011, 8:37 am

And they had buy backs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2011, 11:41 am

From what I hear now about Quaker City, the purse is now based on car count rather than a set amount. I'm thinking since the point chase is over and folks slow down going to the track to race after Labor Day, they've decided to do the purse structure this way. It's been a VERY expensive year for Norm at Quaker and I can't really blame him for this cut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES    NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES, NEW START TIMES  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1