Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Empty
PostSubject: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 2:02 pm

What do you guys think with bike night a the lube on Wednesdays should we have the meetings at Sunset during the Summer? What are the pros and cons? Please suggests any ideas you may have, Saturday's or Sunday's Club picnic at the track?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 5:03 pm

I think having the meeting outside might be tricky with weather conditions. Also it might be hard to have all the members in one spot at the track and try and talk about the club events. I do think we might want to try a weekend meeting someplace for the members that work the evening shift( we had 7 that could not make the last meeting because of work). Skip and I are planning to have lunch at the lube and talk with the gm about our concerns with wed. bike night, we might have to move to thur. or maybe leave lube.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 7:22 pm

If we start moving meetings around, I feel attendance might drop, it did after the knights lrft Jolly Joes an started hopping around. People are motivated right now with the new club an no sense shooting ourself in the foot. A differant night than Bike Night would help though.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 7:38 am

The lube has another big room in the Tully,s building it might be simple as moving over there until bike season is over that is going to be discussed with Jason because we have never wanted to bump the club meetings with bike night. Unless them guys bring drag bikes LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 10:50 am

If the meetings stay on bike nights attendance will drop significantly and people will not drive cars that they'd otherwise drive down to the meetings....however, like dad said, if you keep bouncing around with them people will lose interest in trying to keep up with them and just not show up either. I know I work during all the meetings, but I don't have any interest in all the jumping around, just where the final meetings are at. If the time/location changes every month attendance will be down because not everyone reads through 10 pages of stuff on the internet to find out what's actually going on. And at that point, word of mouth is often wrong because people only read part of the whole story.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 11:42 am

Parking for bike night is just one of the issues...I really like the atmosphear at the lube and don't want to change unless we are forced to make a move. As for the members not knowing, I call everyone in this area before the meeting and events to remind them on what is going on.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 12:00 pm

The atmosphere on bike night is not the same as it is on any other night. Just switch nights at the lube to a quieter, more pleasant one and it'll be okay. People aren't complaining about the lube from what I'm hearing. It's only the fact that there's bike night going on now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 12:15 pm

Little Z28 wrote:
The atmosphere on bike night is not the same as it is on any other night. Just switch nights at the lube to a quieter, more pleasant one and it'll be okay. People aren't complaining about the lube from what I'm hearing. It's only the fact that there's bike night going on now.
I agree but the lube is so busy we are running out of nights. When Skip and I talked with the GM about the least busy night we were told wed and thur......and that was before bike night. We are planning to grab some lunch there and talk with Jason to see if we can find a solution. I know they enjoy having our club there!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 8:34 pm

I think that bike night will ease off the season is early these guys have been couped up all winter and maybe after some good weather it will slow down a little Then on second thought sunset has been slow so far but steadily picking up !!! I really like the lube and would rather work it out somehow .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 9:18 pm

I like the lube, but if it is during bike night I think u will get a low turn out for

meetings... see what you guys come up with (skip & pineapple) in your meeting

and throw it out there!!! wonder what headliners is doing on wed. nights (hahaha)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 9:50 pm

Maybe we could have meetings every week at Headliners, its close for me.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 8:01 am

Heck the way our luck is if we moved to headliners they would have chippendale night and only our wives would go affraid
Back to top Go down
TurboJoe
Club Member
Club Member
TurboJoe

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 8:03 am

See if we can switch to Thursdays at The lube Cool
Back to top Go down
http://qedrc.com
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 1:39 pm

It is fine with me at the lube I like it there! I didn't have any ploblem parking but I was there at 6.30 Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Drunken_smilie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 7:17 pm

THURSDAY NIGHT !!!! The greatest night of the week, My weekend begins Thursday at 4:30pm
Back to top Go down
NovaStreetmachine

NovaStreetmachine

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 6:29 pm

Why not have your meetings on Friday night along with the car show. Then you'll be able to park your cars with the cars and still have the pleasure of having it at the LUBE. Plus with the cars coming in on Fridays, you might be able to pick up more members.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/streetmachinezz
grip_74
Club Member
Club Member
grip_74

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 9:47 pm

skip when i spoke tothe gm at the lube it was set up for tuesday eves at tullys which is a good place to have it at . same food less strangers coming in . its up to you guys i guess since it was changed to thursdays . let me know ty
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 1:41 am

Mike will be calling everybody and I will send out a e-mail also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?   Should the Club go to Sunset once a month? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should the Club go to Sunset once a month?
Page 1 of 1