Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE

Go down 
+3
Little Toot
Toot
amac
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Empty
PostSubject: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 8:29 pm

While Pineapple and I were talking to Jason the lube,s gm he mentioned that he was going to have the first car night at the lube MAY 14 and he asked if we could bring out some drag cars. Now personally I think it is a great Idea If anyone is interested Jason said we could park the trucks and trailers around behind Tully,s and drive the drag cars around front and park them for all to see. I would like to do this to show the lube we are a serious car club and we can make some noise so give this some thought. Mr Z Pineapple and myself are planning on it and I think it would let a lot of people see what the QUARTER EIGHTS DRAG CLUB is all about . Oh by the way you can drive your street cars also I,m sure the guys could use help with the drag cars Razz
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 8:56 pm

That is the free weekend at norwalk Cavalcade of stars
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 9:01 pm

If we show up at the lube we will be the cavalcade of stars because we got it like that and we be havin things LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 9:40 pm

The carshow at the lube is on FRIDAY and the cavalcade of stars is SAT-SUN so plan a very busy weekend.......For the Mercer members, we will meet at the tic toc gas station around 6 and leave around 6:30 for the lube.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 11:15 am

Sound like a plan
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 1:22 pm

Woo-hoo! To bad Thundermouse is not together.....
Back to top Go down
Quaker Steak & Lube

Quaker Steak & Lube

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 6:16 pm

Hey guys! Just stopping by to say how happy all of us are at the Lube to have your club meeting here every month. It's obvious that you are a great group guys (and ladies). We are honored to have you as part of our QS&L family. Thanks for picking The Lube!!

As amac said, The Lube's Cruise-ins will be every Friday, starting May 14th. DJ Big Rick is here every week (weather permitting) and things get rolling around 5pm---pun intended. Last year was the first year in a few that we brought the cruise-in back to Sharon. We had a lot of success, averaging around 50 cars per week and not getting started until more than half way through the season.

We hold the event in the back of the lot by "The Sugar Shack". All types of beverages, alcoholic and non, are available, we cook $1 hot dogs and $3 burgers out on the grill, and of course all Lube Food is available as well.

We are hoping for an average of at least 100 cars per Friday this year and we need your help to do it!!

And... Don't forget about our annual Corvette Show coming up on Sunday, April 25th. We start at Noon. Trophies for the top 3 Vettes in each class, with the C5 class being split into two groups (1997-2000 & 2001-2004) due to the size. We are looking for 400 Vettes this year. It's gonna be huge!!

Thanks again and keep 'em straight going down the track! Arrow
Jason
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 7:29 pm

Thanks for visiting the site Jason and the club is very excited about the activities at the Lube so we will see you soon !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 9:50 pm

I thought this was a racing club, not a show and shine club. quaker city runs on

friday nights who is going there??? are we going to stand around and talk or are we

going to run these cars down the dragstrip??? I think it is real nice that the lube is

willing to promote the club and cars in general but, I thought we were going to

RACE!!!
Back to top Go down
chevy2kid
Club Member
Club Member
chevy2kid

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 10:02 pm

50 bucks to race for 2 runs or go and show off are cars and bs and eat some good food. wow let me think .......................going to the lube with race truck and kid
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 10:08 pm

you got a point there man! I was thinking $50 to race, sit there waiting for 10 hours to get 2 runs in, then maybe talk to some of your friends. Compared to sitting 4-8 hours talking to some really cool people, talk with some members, then get the club name out there and show we are determined to keep on track and show we mean business. However, since Rocky lives in Virginia, MrZ should bring that beast of a camaro he has, if he wants to drag it all that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 10:15 pm

got a better idea!!! lets go to headliners.... I bet they have girls that will go 8 sec.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 10:48 pm

B Slow wrote:
I thought this was a racing club, not a show and shine club. quaker city runs on

friday nights who is going there??? are we going to stand around and talk or are we

going to run these cars down the dragstrip??? I think it is real nice that the lube is

willing to promote the club and cars in general but, I thought we were going to

RACE!!!
This is a Hotrod club that loves to race...how many carshows have you gone to where the promoters ask you to drive your uncapped wheely bar parachute toting car in and make so much noise the dead will come alive? We were at Sunset last weekend and are planning another trip to sunset this weekend to help support Bill Benson(chevyrules) since he will be managing the track...the next weekend we are planning a trip to Thompson...if the carshows are fun I think this club will try to attend........ cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 11:36 pm

B Slow wrote:
got a better idea!!! lets go to headliners.... I bet they have girls that will go 8 sec.

Haha you'd go to headliners and go in 8 seconds!!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 8:24 am

You know I would rather race than sit around and talk but I don,t race friday night,s anyway. Heck it takes me fri. and sat. to get ready for sun . With that being said I have to say that I have never been to a drag car cruise before these people around here won,t know what hit them !! You think about it how often do you see a bunch of drag cars lined up somewhere other than a track or museum so I am taking mine and when it,s over I,ll be on the trailer clean and ready to go racing sun . I know it,s not for everyone but it will show Q.S.L. that we are serious and make the club even more well known Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 9:03 pm

We will have some of the members from the Grove City Croozers joining us! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2010, 10:01 pm

Almost all the members that I talked to said they are going to try and make it to the lube for the cruise in............. affraid
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2010, 10:11 pm

We be havin things!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 5:00 pm

Maybe I can bring my little falcon to the show Wink
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 5:29 pm

Club preview! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 8:26 am

amac wrote:
While Pineapple and I were talking to Jason the lube,s gm he mentioned that he was going to have the first car night at the lube MAY 14 and he asked if we could bring out some drag cars. Now personally I think it is a great Idea If anyone is interested Jason said we could park the trucks and trailers around behind Tully,s and drive the drag cars around front and park them for all to see. I would like to do this to show the lube we are a serious car club and we can make some noise so give this some thought. Mr Z Pineapple and myself are planning on it and I think it would let a lot of people see what the QUARTER EIGHTS DRAG CLUB is all about . Oh by the way you can drive your street cars also I,m sure the guys could use help with the drag cars Razz
Toot came up with the idea that we should give some club trophies away at the car show. For the members that bring their cars we will have a lottery for 3 of Mr. Z and Amac's custom trophies.... king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 6:51 pm

Quaker Steak & Lube wrote:
Hey guys! Just stopping by to say how happy all of us are at the Lube to have your club meeting here every month. It's obvious that you are a great group guys (and ladies). We are honored to have you as part of our QS&L family. Thanks for picking The Lube!!

As amac said, The Lube's Cruise-ins will be every Friday, starting May 14th. DJ Big Rick is here every week (weather permitting) and things get rolling around 5pm---pun intended. Last year was the first year in a few that we brought the cruise-in back to Sharon. We had a lot of success, averaging around 50 cars per week and not getting started until more than half way through the season.

We hold the event in the back of the lot by "The Sugar Shack". All types of beverages, alcoholic and non, are available, we cook $1 hot dogs and $3 burgers out on the grill, and of course all Lube Food is available as well.

We are hoping for an average of at least 100 cars per Friday this year and we need your help to do it!!

And... Don't forget about our annual Corvette Show coming up on Sunday, April 25th. We start at Noon. Trophies for the top 3 Vettes in each class, with the C5 class being split into two groups (1997-2000 & 2001-2004) due to the size. We are looking for 400 Vettes this year. It's gonna be huge!!

Thanks again and keep 'em straight going down the track! Arrow
Jason
We are meeting up at the TicToc (bp gas station) at 4195 east state st. in hermitage at 5pm. and leaving at 5:15 to go to QSL. If you are trailering your car and don't see any parking try looking across the street.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 8:16 pm

Do you have a picture of the trophy ?
Back to top Go down
10secvega

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 5:48 pm

I was going to polish the tail lights on the Vega and bring her out,but the weather doesn't look very good.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 6:54 pm

Thats a good concern Kevin I have been watching the extended forecast and it does not look good so Pineapple and I were talking and we think maybe Thunder at the Lube should be moved to a better weekend something like you would find in summer ? I hate to move this and right now I don,t have a rain date until I talk to Jason but this is going to be a lot of effort put forth by the club and I just don,t want any chance of rain. I could see me now trying to get the Monza on the trailer in the rain it would be time for another repaint LOL . Pineapple says he is going to call everyone and I will try to find another good day to do this . We will keep you posted thanks .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE   THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THUNDER AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next