Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Contacting Sunset on the weekends.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
flatiron44

Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Empty
PostSubject: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2010, 8:33 am

How do you contact Someone at Sunset on the weekends to see about the weather and see if they are running ? I'm clear out near Clarion and the weather can be entirly different between the two places.
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2010, 10:19 am

You can call Alex or Frank Porterfield.

ALEX (727-278-1194)
FRANK (724-866-2519)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2010, 9:57 pm

Lil Toot wrote:
You can call Alex or Frank Porterfield.

ALEX (727-278-1194)
FRANK (724-866-2519)
Thanks Lil Toot
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2010, 9:59 pm

No prob. I try to help when I can..lol
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 7:33 am

I was tired of just sitting around so I got my wife to run me over to sunset yesterday.It rained on the way so there were not to many cars there but I went in and talked for quite a while with Alex and Prisilla. Alex said and has told me before that as of the moment sunset is in litigation and being divided since the passing of his brother he says that when this procedure is complete sunset will be sold Prisilla also is in favor with this.I sure hope that this will be a turning point in the history of sunset it would be a shame to see that little track close down.It could use some work but I personally have had more fun at sunset than any other track I,ve been to. Heck Alex let me in for free yesterday because I just had surgery,and although there were not a lot of cars there I enjoyed hanging out and watching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 8:13 am

amac wrote:
I was tired of just sitting around so I got my wife to run me over to sunset yesterday.It rained on the way so there were not to many cars there but I went in and talked for quite a while with Alex and Prisilla. Alex said and has told me before that as of the moment sunset is in litigation and being divided since the passing of his brother he says that when this procedure is complete sunset will be sold Prisilla also is in favor with this.I sure hope that this will be a turning point in the history of sunset it would be a shame to see that little track close down.It could use some work but I personally have had more fun at sunset than any other track I,ve been to. Heck Alex let me in for free yesterday because I just had surgery,and although there were not a lot of cars there I enjoyed hanging out and watching.
With Alex being in his 80's maybe the courts will do a fast track thru the process scratch
Back to top Go down
Wheaton-Special
Club Member
Club Member
Wheaton-Special

PostSubject: Hey Skip.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 12:02 pm

amac wrote:
Glad to hear your feeling a little better.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 12:32 pm

Thanks Tom I didn,t stay long but I,m getting better every day it won,t be long and I,ll be back to normal - for me that is!!!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 3:46 pm

amac wrote:
it won,t be long and I,ll be back to normal - for me that is!!!

That is funny stuff right there...
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 9:14 pm

I was waiting to see when someone caught that LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:26 am

Glad to hear that each day you're making progress towards recovery.

That deal with Sunset has turned into a real mess for Alex. There is bad blood between Alex and his niece and that's where the problem is. She wants the place shut down and naturally Alex wants the place to continue. I've been going there since 1962 and would hate to see it close. We've already lost Drag City, Nu-Be, Fairmont, Peterson, Skyline and PID and for intents and purposes, Luckys.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 8:00 am

Thanks Andamo and yes drag racing has lost a lot of playgrounds and we can,t afford to keep losing them. How many sports can someone participate in with any kind of budget. Drag racers can race with a [bone stock] car or go as far as their wallet will let them and have a good time at any level !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 8:29 am

I'm sure the economy we're dealing with right now is putting the hurt on folks that want to race. I see many empty pits spots at PRP and see the weekly overall participation being lower than in the past. I was really surprised a few weeks ago when I drove across Rt. 6 in Ohio to Thompson. There are so many abandoned homes that I didn't see last year. Some of the homes are nice homes too. It's really sad to see this going on in our country. I was talking with a friend at a cruise yesterday and he was saying he doesn't know how Steel Valley dragway is still operating. They only getting 20-25 cars on a good day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Sunset on the weekends.   Contacting Sunset on the weekends. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contacting Sunset on the weekends.
Page 1 of 1