Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Quaker track rental

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Quaker track rental  Empty
PostSubject: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 7:09 am

Heading over to Quaker drag strip today the only 1320 I,ll do this year with my finances I.ll be lucky to make one pass LOL Looking forward to having some fun maybe even spraying some Ice over the windshield Mr Z can I borrow your big bottle?
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 7:34 pm

Quaker track rental  100_4159
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 8:35 pm

Looks like a great time! Sorry I missed it.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 8:36 pm

What a nice day for drag racing,Cruzin Few had a good turnout and were a very nice crowd to be around you could hot lap if you wanted and they even sprayed the track.By the great pics that Pineapple took it looks like Sunset had a great crowd also!!! We need to save some pics and stories for when the snow is 4 feet and rising LOL Hopefully no time soon. My Nos tuneup was a little to much conservative I went from a gas 9.60 to a Nos 9.50 wow what a hit LOL guess I,ll have to get a little smaller on the gas jet and bigger on the Nos jet !!!
Back to top Go down
NDA Racer

NDA Racer

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 11:03 pm

First of all, congrats on the .500 light!

Was a nice day. It was fun watching all the newbs stage with their rear tires (never seen so many do that in one sitting), jump when the staging bulbs come on, or the first amber. One guy lined even with the tree. lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 6:55 pm

How was traction?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 8:15 am

About an hour into the day they stopped and sprayed the track I could have let go of the wheel cars were hooking and running straight as a string Cruzin Few has a lot of pull with QCR I guess. I run 6.0 at sunset and was 6.10 at QCR on motor that seems to always be that way. Now is sunset faster or is Qcr slower is it air, is it the difference in fall and rise the world may never know ? We all had a good day as many pass,s as you wanted, was,nt real hot, no one broke, it was good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 5:00 pm

was any of your 60ft times close to sunset times or were they way off.. just curious???
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 7:09 am

My 60ft at sunset is 135 at QCR 135 on motor both tracks I just looked at that this morning these are averages but they are right on each other. I would not have bet on it lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 11:03 am

Skip, I know Don said Sunset is a true 660' now, but it does have a slight downhill grade to it.
There is supposed to be only a 30' elevation difference between Quaker and Sunset according to the Drag Strip Finder site. Hard to believe 30' of elevation is a .10 in et though.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 1:34 pm

ET's better by .05, 60foot the same
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 2:29 pm

In Skip's post he says this, " I run 6.0 at sunset and was 6.10 at QCR " That's a tenth, not .05 unless it's a 6.05 at Sunset.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 10:16 pm

I am a tenth off at QCR compared to sunset but sunset does have quite the downhill grade I would love to shoot both track,s with a transit to see how much grade difference there is. I have run this way with two different cars it does not affect me because I always run brackets so I enjoy both track,s. I have heard some people say they do the same and don,t like it but I don,t know why it would make a difference when you change tracks some cars have a hard time. I run very small tires and they are very unforgiving but they fit my budget lol
Back to top Go down
NDA Racer

NDA Racer

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 3:20 am

Quaker is the slowest track around. The slower your car is, the harder it hits you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 5:43 am

Maybe that elevation number of 1210' is off and the track is much higher. Next time anyone is at the track that has a GPS, you can check elevation with your GPS.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 12:33 pm

Ran a 5.54 @ QCR on Sunday with a 1.22 60ft time and Ran a 5.59 @ Sunset Saturday with a 1.22 60ft time, I was playing with the NOS on and off so I never got a constant/consistant ET. Went from a 8.93 1/4 Et to a 8.67 with a 100hp shot on NOS @ half track, working on a progressive controller, Edelbrock looks to have what I need ! will check with Mr Z !!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 7:32 am

Gps is a good idea Dan we,ll have to take one to several tracks, and see how much difference there is Lucky,s is another one that seems to have some grade issues its funny how the tracks that seem to be different are the ones I have the most fun at LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quaker track rental    Quaker track rental  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quaker track rental
Page 1 of 1