Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Hello from OSTDYNO!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ostmike

Hello from OSTDYNO! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 9:31 am

I have been hearing about this site and thought I'd stop by and check it out! I'm an old school Mopar guy but have been spending quite a bit of time tuning the new GEN III Hemi's. My son Micah and I love racing our cars at the Flashlight Drags, Sunset, QCR and PRP.

I'm hoping to take a customers car (07 Charger) to Thompson for the Wednesday night grudge racing next week.

Here are some pics of our cars. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the races!

Hello from OSTDYNO! GTX_Norwalk

Hello from OSTDYNO! Civic2

I know the site rules say no rice but Micah's Honda will surprise some of the v8 guys here Smile

Have a great day!
Mike
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 9:56 am

ostmike wrote:

I know the site rules say no rice but Micah's Honda will surprise some of the v8 guys here Smile

Have a great day!
Mike

Welcome to the site always looking for some new racers oh and I work for Honda lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 11:30 am

Mike, welcome to the site. Good looking GTX you have there. It looks like you might run the car in the IHRA H/R class also. Are you planning on running the Pro Am event at PRP ?
Back to top Go down
ostmike

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 1:28 pm

Andamo wrote:
Mike, welcome to the site. Good looking GTX you have there. It looks like you might run the car in the IHRA H/R class also. Are you planning on running the Pro Am event at PRP ?

Thanks! I might run in the PRP event but I am not a Pro Am points guy. This summer I will be busy campaigning the 2007 Charger I mentioned in the "Modern Hemi Shootout" 5 race series. The next event will be the NMCA show at MIR in June, then QCR in July and ATCO in November. In between I'll try to make Good Guys, the Chrysler Classics, Curt George, FLD's etc. with the GTX.

I have never raced at Thompson before. What track hooks better - TRP on grudge night, or "test and tune" at QCR or PRP?

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 2:09 pm

Mike, I can't vouch for Thompson on a grudge night because I don't know, but on a regular race day, it's a good hooking track. When we raced the Cobalt there, we had our best 60' times.
PRP on a T&T night isn't bad early, but as the evening goes along and all the treaded tire cars making passes, the starting line gets ripped up pretty good and there are bald spots everywhere.
At this time Quaker City is a unknown commodity. Greg is saying the track will be prepped the same for T&T night as well as it is for a race program. Time will tell over there.
Back to top Go down
ostmike

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 2:25 pm

Is QCR even open yet? If so has anyone run on the track this year and can give a report?

Someone just broke the 5.7 N/A Gen III Hemi record and we need to reset it again Smile

I just converted this car to E85 and have a decent tune on it. Looking for a track that hooks and some good air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 2:30 pm

No, Quaker, as well as other local tracks are having a tough time opening because of all the rain. They're trying to get a T&T session this Saturday though. Thompson cancelled their T&T night because the wet pits.
Back to top Go down
ostmike

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 2:40 pm

I was going to try to hit Sunset Saturday with the GTX to get the new Caltracs dialed in.

What time is QCR supposed to open Saturday? Is there a new website for QCR?

Back to top Go down
ostmike

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 2:49 pm

How about Sunset? What time is Alex going to be opening on Saturday if the weather is good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 3:49 pm

Racing on Saturdays at Sunset starts this Saturday. Gates open at 1:00. Sunday the gates open at 8:00 and you start making passes at 10:00.

Mike, I just a e-mail saying the Flashlight Drags at Sunset have been cancelled, so maybe the regular racing might be cancelles also.

Last edited by Andamo on May 5th 2011, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 3:54 pm

Even though Thompson isn't treated on grudge night as much as other nights, through the summer it still hooks good. Dad ran his best time of 7.94 there on a weekday last year. For the past two years Thompson has been hard to beat for hook, unless you go clean to Milan.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 4:38 pm

mike I like the gtx i am a big mopar fan! what motor are you running and what does it run in the 1/4?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
ostmike

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2011, 8:15 am

Brock Spangler wrote:
mike I like the gtx i am a big mopar fan! what motor are you running and what does it run in the 1/4?

Thanks!

It's a stock 440 block, stock crank, Zeeker headed, 446 ci. The car weighs 3700# and with leaf springs it ran 10.6@127 w/1.51 60' on DOT's through the mufflers.

I just installed Caltracs and hoping to lower the 60' a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OSTDYNO!   Hello from OSTDYNO! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from OSTDYNO!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Newbies-
Jump to: