Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Roc,s wreck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Roc,s wreck Empty
PostSubject: Roc,s wreck   Roc,s wreck Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 10:09 pm

Well today was a good day at TRP except for the wreck Roc was on a 8.78 pass and at the stripe he lifted and turned left he was fine but the Corvette did not fair so well. With sad faces we loaded her into the trailer and brought her back to my house so I can start the salvage operation. I think she will ride again. On a lighter note the Turners were strutting their stuff along with P.Norquist and K.Purdie, Mr Z went 5.20 in the eighth L.Z. went 9.20 in the quarter while I was there P. Norquist was running in the 10.50 class AND THE MONZA DID.NT LEAK A DROP OF OIL I was so happy I did not care what it ran. Everyone was looking good and running good and prolly did better after I left. I can,t wait until the next track day and I will try to make sure that there are NO MORE WRECKS !!!
Back to top Go down

Roc,s wreck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc,s wreck   Roc,s wreck Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 11:06 pm

Glad Rocky's okay it definetly sucked to watch...dad ran a 5.11 at 140 in a bye in the final after number two wanted to split the purse. Dad said no he came to race. They got mad and packed up. I won first round by .0089 but lost oil pressure and spun some bearings I think. Motor will be out shortly and getting cleaned up for another day. Hope Rocky isnt too beat up other than a bruised ego.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Roc,s wreck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc,s wreck   Roc,s wreck Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2011, 9:43 am

Sorry to here about your motor Donnie hope for an easy fix. Roc and I want to thank you guys and everyone for all the help Mrs Z kept it together the best. I had just made a 9.08 pass and was coming back to my trailer and everyone was giving me hand signals [ about Roc ] and I thought my car was on fire or something .Then Mrs Z walked over real calm and opened my door and said Roc is OK he is out of the car and walking around and I said what happened ? Mrs Z said he wrecked. Well I got out of the monza real fast and the wrong way I won,t do that no more LOL Then when I got to Roc he was standing there looking at what was the vette and said I did,nt like that car anyway .lol Moral of the story as long as no one is hurt we don,t give two sh$#,s about the car it can be replaced family and friends only come around once!!!
Back to top Go down

Roc,s wreck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc,s wreck   Roc,s wreck Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2011, 5:31 pm

Skip, sorry to hear about Rocky's accident. But as you said, he's ok and that matters more than anything.
Back to top Go down

Roc,s wreck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc,s wreck   Roc,s wreck Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2011, 8:19 pm

I'll tell ya that was one bad wreck, he hit both walls once an one wall twice, they had to replace some guard rail . Luckily Rocky is alright an upright after that, it tore the front off the car except for the engine. He ran an 8.77 I think so he had to be doing around 160mph when he went outta control, Hope your still fine today Rocky!
Back to top Go down

Roc,s wreck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc,s wreck   Roc,s wreck Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 12:51 am

This may very well be the photo of the vette's last launch. Johnboy Ulman snapped it at the line, I don't know which pass it was, but I suspect this was the last one.

Roc,s wreck CSC_2074
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roc,s wreck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roc,s wreck   Roc,s wreck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roc,s wreck
Page 1 of 1