Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?

Go down 
+5
Nick Eicher
Firebird Benson
Rocs61vet
amac
DEMON ROB
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DEMON ROB
Club Member
Club Member
DEMON ROB

MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Empty
PostSubject: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2010, 7:36 pm

WITCH DO LIKE MORE ? STREET . RACE . HOT ROD . DRIVER. TOW VEHICLE . MUSCLE CAR .

RACE MOPAR
TOW MOPAR
HOT ROD OLD FORDS OR CHEVY 55-57
DRIVER CHEVY
STREET MOPAR
MUSCLE CAR MOPAR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2010, 8:14 pm

DEMON ROB wrote:
WITCH DO LIKE MORE ? STREET . RACE . HOT ROD . DRIVER. TOW VEHICLE . MUSCLE CAR .

RACE MOPAR
TOW MOPAR
HOT ROD OLD FORDS OR CHEVY 55-57
DRIVER CHEVY
STREET MOPAR
MUSCLE CAR MOPAR
Race Chevy,Tow Toyota, Driver Toyota, Muscle Car Chevy and hoping someday to get me one of those mopars$$$$
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2010, 9:32 am

Good topic Rob this really had me thinking, poets and lovers say your first memories of someone you love are your fondest and usually a model for who comes next, cars are the same way to car nuts like us. Cars don,t replace people but the first cars you start out with are usually going to be you,re favorites now some people like the cars that their Dad drove and some like the ones at the races {dragraces} and so on. My family were die hard Ford people and still are pretty much and me I started out driving a 64 ford fairlane and then a 67 fairlane a couple of mustangs then I bought a 68 el camino now this thing was fast real fast heck I bet It went tens-----in the eighth lol so my Dad did not speak to me for about a year so I bought 70 challenger then a 70 duster then a 69 charger and Dad started talking again so I guess he must have liked mopars some anyway all these cars were street cars and I drove them daily, Oh back in the seventies you could buy cars like these for 250.00 dollars all day!!! But I found my way back to chevy,s because I worked on my own cars and chevy was the easiest and most interchangeable and that meant cheapest and now I work on the newer chevy,s and their not interchangeable at all. But the hot rod chevys remind me of the old ones so they remind me of my early ones of course after I got a little older and making more money I had camaro,s chevelles corvettes novas chevy truck,s heck I have lost count I think I have a camaro monza and chevy truck right now so I guess I,m stuck on chevy until something better for me comes along lol
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2010, 6:00 pm

Any thing from the 70s back is good for me compared to what is out there now ! I had Fords, Chevys, and Hemi Mopars and if built right they all would put you back in the seat. First Car was a Rambler ...then a Chevy , Olds, Mopar, and Ford ! always had my best luck with a chevy. First Hot Rod I ever rode in was a 1962 Corvette...after that I always want a Corvette, so need I say more ! Tow Truck is a Ford F-350 !!! And wish I could afford a Big Blown Hemi .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2010, 5:52 pm

Well " Are Oh Double Bee Aye Bee Why " if ya ever been in my grage you'd know where I stand. I've always been a Chevy guy, had a few Mopars back in the 70's , they wrre the shit on the street back then. Nuthing could hang with the Mopars, they were light an had lots of power, small block or big blocks. my fastest Mopars were 340 Darts60. I had 2 at one time, one a 4 speed an one an auto. The 4 speed would yank the front wheels off the road hitting second gear about 2 inches. Over all though Chevys were always my favorites, cheap an lots of aftermarket parts for big power. Ya really can't build a Mopar or Ford as cheap as a SBC or BBC. I've had only a couple Fords in my life an none ever lasted, always broke down an cost a fortune to fix, Nuthing good to say about em.

Race Chevy
Driver Chevy
Tow Chevy
Hot rod Ole Chevy
Street machine Chevy
Better than walking Mopar
recycleable junk Fords to make more Chevys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2010, 8:10 am

In Va. the mopar camp was toe to toe with the GM boys. They had the Direct Connection catalog on their side. It told you step by step how to run 10's/11's/12's with your mopar.From drivetrain to body style weight reduction it showed you everything except how to $$$ for it. They were the only company at that time to put a complete package together and it showed on the streets and tracks. This is before we had microwave ovens, cell phones, cordless phones, gps, ipods and computers in the home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 11:18 am

A thought to ponder on:

once you remachine a block add a good rotating assembly, a set of aftermarket cyl. heads. aftermarket intake, carb, etc... trans., converter, and a 9in ford rearend. the list can go on and on. how does this still make a chevy, ford, mopar powered race car. ARE WE TRUELY BEING BRAND LOYAL???

JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT!!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Brand loyal   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 11:51 am

Good point Bill but with these new auto,s being engineered for assembly on the line and not to be worked on and also being engineered with expiration dates on wear and pitiful material selection. Where is the loyalty to the consumer ??? I know this is off subject a little but the big three are where most of us get our projects but whats out there for the auto enthusiast now ? The youth of today sure have some real slim pickens !!!!
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2010, 8:18 pm

Pontiac CAR
Chevy Sporty SUV
DOGE Pulling
Chevy Drag Stuff
Back to top Go down
Nick Eicher
Club Member
Club Member
Nick Eicher

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 7:01 pm

Race-Ford
Driver-Ford
Towing-Ford
Hot Rod-Ford Chevy Mopar
Gotta love the power of the ford! hahaha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JoeyD
Club Member
Club Member
JoeyD

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 7:45 pm

Hey Nick, since you're a Ford guy you might want to get ahold of Puppy, if you dont know him Pineapple can help ya. He may have some stuff your looking for.
Back to top Go down
Nick Eicher
Club Member
Club Member
Nick Eicher

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 7:52 pm

ok thanks man
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 8:03 pm

some scrap for the junk yard affraid
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 8:41 pm

Poor ford !!!
Back to top Go down
Nick Eicher
Club Member
Club Member
Nick Eicher

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 8:43 pm

awww come on skip....u know u miss driving that old ford around
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 8:48 pm

I do miss riding around in them old fords and then those long walks home after they broke down LOL
Back to top Go down
Nick Eicher
Club Member
Club Member
Nick Eicher

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 8:53 pm

lol nawww ill pick u up when ur chevy breaks down
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 8:57 pm

I knew you could,nt leave that alone lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 8:59 pm

Hey Nick, when he starts talking about those old fords I have seen him tear up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nick Eicher
Club Member
Club Member
Nick Eicher

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 9:00 pm

hahaha lol!
Back to top Go down
JoeyD
Club Member
Club Member
JoeyD

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 11:03 am

Those are tears of joy cuz he doesnt have to walk so much anymore! lol!
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 12:42 pm

I just dont like FORD. Its just because I havent got beaten by one, and it still run after. Thats it haha
Back to top Go down
moterhead
Club Member
Club Member
moterhead

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 1:12 pm

Did you guys know that 95% of all Fords manufactured after 1997 are still on the road,
the other 5% made it home!!!!
Back to top Go down
70rs
Club Member
Club Member
70rs

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 1:38 pm

All i ever worked on is chevy. Got side tracked and built a pontiac once, against my better judgement! The money to power ratio was i could have built 2 chevy motors with more power for the price of one gutless pontiac! (Sorry tom) But i'll be the first to admit i've been beat by all of them. Guess what im sayin is chevy is affordable power. Corse thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 5:02 pm

I have noticed alot of die hard chevy fans!!! tow their cars to the track with a ford or a dodge!!! wonder why that is??? we wont mention any names... you know who you are....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ?   MOPAR VS CHEVY VS FORD VS ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next