Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

MOPAR question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GRIFF
Club Member
Club Member

MOPAR question Empty
PostSubject: MOPAR question   MOPAR question Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2013, 6:56 pm

A guy I do some work for asked me if I know anything about Grand Spaulding Dodge he said he has the opportunity to buy a grand Spaulding car. From my brief research I've read this dealership was the home of the "Norms" cars that drag raced in the 60s and 70s sort of the Yenko of the Mopar world. My question is that does anyone know how to verify the car is a authentic or know who to talk to... and are these high dollar cars?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

MOPAR question Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOPAR question   MOPAR question Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 7:27 am

Maybe use the vin # even that will be hard. The car dealer would have the records of what they sold and they are prolly long gone.
Back to top Go down
eliminator528

MOPAR question Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOPAR question   MOPAR question Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2013, 4:03 pm

Norm Kraus was a very successful Chicago car salesman who went by Mr. Norm. Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge was well known for his high volume orders of performance cars. There is some paperwork available. Please see http://www.mrnorms.com/new/sport_club/Documentation.html for more info.

As far as value, If it's just a regular car that was sold at Mr. Norm's, it really means nothing. The only "special" cars to come from Mr. Norm's were the 1968 440 Darts, and the 1971-72 GSS Demons. Most of these cars trade hands privately, but you can add roughly 25-35% over the price of a '68 383 Dart, or a 1971-72 340 Demon. Of course, that is if the car can be verified as a Mr. Norm's car and has the special pieces included with those packages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOPAR question Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOPAR question   MOPAR question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOPAR question
Page 1 of 1