Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Our club

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Our club Empty
PostSubject: Our club   Our club Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 9:12 pm

I don,t know how many of you have noticed but our club has gained a lot of attention since it started.It seems that every time I go somewhere that people are into drag racing they have heard of our club and I for one think that is great. When we go to a lot of the tracks around here they really like to see us there. We are often treated with a little extra welcomeness How cool is that? We were at Steel Valley in Nov. and I was having problems with the monza and Keith the owner came over to tell me to keep working on it and make as many runs as I needed even in the middle of eliminations. If I had been there outside the club I don,t think he would have said that and that makes me feel good, part of the reason this club was started was to let all the tracks around here know we are serious drag racers.Bill and Eleanor got us invited to the John Force camp. Mr Z has flat wiped out the renegade O.L.S. competition and many of our members have won different track events.I know the economy has still got everybody a little uncertain but we have managed to keep in touch with each other with untold help from our webmaster Toot and we have all kind,s of footage on dvd from Wayne, heck any member that I have ever asked to do anything they could,nt do it fast enough. I am not trying to be the [Leader] but I am damn proud of being in a group of people that are so laid back and dedicated to the great motorsport of drag racing. So if you,re wondering if this club is going anywhere well let me tell you anybody within a 150 miles of here that drag races has heard of us and I have been able to get free ice cream at the track just for being a member of The Quarter Eights Drag Race Club LOL.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Our club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our club   Our club Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 10:13 pm

Nicely said skip!! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Our club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our club   Our club Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 10:25 am

I agree with you Skip! sure is a long list member that make the club great ..... Dan did a hell of good job on the 6x6 tour Brian for doing the phone tree Pineapple did the T shirts Puppy had a few nice cakes baked and I'm sure this list is missing someone. It's almost like were a Racing Team and a Racing Cub.. cheers
Back to top Go down

Our club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our club   Our club Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 11:16 am

Over the years I've been in a few clubs starting back in the early 60's with the Axle Snappers from Aspinwall, PA. It, along with the others, were a dues collecting club and officers were elected. Those 2 reasons IMHO are the reasons none of these clubs lasted. Anytime egos and money are mixed together, however so small, it's a recipe for disaster.
I just don't see anything like that among our club members and we're almost like a extended family for each other. There's a lot to be said for the acronym KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid and our club is living proof of stupidy simple people getting along ! LOL Sorry, I was getting too serious and that's not my style.
I can say with no uncertainty we have a great group of folks young and old and I see many more years of continued success and fun.
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

Our club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our club   Our club Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 6:22 pm

The now young members of this club, and youths of drag racing are learning everything we know from you old timers out there busting your butts all week to make enough money to make it to the strip on saturday or sunday. Heck, I know of a few times this past season, dad would work midnights on friday, come home late morning on saturday and I would have the ol s10 all loaded up and the truck and trailer all hooked up ready to go for when he got home. Go to the track and he would take a short nap while I got the s10 warmed up and stuff... anyways this club freakin rocks, I got asked by a couple of people that come to the auto shop about the sticker i got on my back window for our club... BTW, dad i am out of cards, lol
Back to top Go down

Our club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our club   Our club Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 6:26 pm

Great bunch of folks here. I have the "REALLY BIG"club sticker on my trailer door now for next season!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our club   Our club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our club
Page 1 of 1