Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

wanted sbc heads

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
larry s.
Club Member
Club Member
larry s.

wanted sbc heads Empty
PostSubject: wanted sbc heads   wanted sbc heads Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2012, 10:37 pm

i am looking for a pair of sbc cast heads i prefer 2.02/1.60 valves but ill settle for for 1.94/1.50 valves.pre 86 350.was going to get aluminum heads but running out of money.want to be able to get my car on road by spring.
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

wanted sbc heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted sbc heads   wanted sbc heads Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2012, 6:56 pm

There is a place that sells procomp casting aluminum heads with there own internal parts. I had them on my small block that ran 7's and I bought a pair of heads for my 489 BBC and they are a great buy. Have not had a problem.
Back to top Go down

wanted sbc heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted sbc heads   wanted sbc heads Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 6:45 am

Be careful of some of those early Pro Comp heads that were cast in New Zealand and then shipped to the USA for finishing. The alignment of the pushrod holes is off and will cause problems. Now these are the cast iron replacement type heads. The later heads don't have this problem and I'm not sure how you can tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
larry s.
Club Member
Club Member
larry s.

wanted sbc heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted sbc heads   wanted sbc heads Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 3:56 pm

Firebird Benson wrote:
There is a place that sells procomp casting aluminum heads with there own internal parts. I had them on my small block that ran 7's and I bought a pair of heads for my 489 BBC and they are a great buy. Have not had a problem.
ok thanks guys for the information i appreciate it
Back to top Go down
kpurdie
Club Member
Club Member
kpurdie

wanted sbc heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted sbc heads   wanted sbc heads Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 4:40 pm

I have 2 sets Ill sell 724-8134073 flower
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

wanted sbc heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted sbc heads   wanted sbc heads Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2012, 11:39 pm

The company on ebay is called J and C Enterprises/ Cylinder head exchange
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wanted sbc heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted sbc heads   wanted sbc heads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wanted sbc heads
Page 1 of 1