Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???

Go down 
+3
Toot
Phil N
Brock Spangler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2012, 3:13 pm

Is anyone doing anything to there ride over the winter? Or trying to race a different class for next year?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Phil N
Club Member
Club Member
Phil N

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2012, 4:16 pm

I'm still working on my 53 belair almost ready to paint it. will post some pictures when its painted. the rear suspension is finished it's ladder bar with leaf springs and floaters . I streached the inner wheel housings so that 11.5x28 tires will fit .I have a dana 60 with 4.11 still need to order the axles,but the money is a little short this time of year. Will be painting it a light aqua and the roof will be painted a off white. the wheels are a 1950s style chrome ,rear 15x10 front 15x4.5. I have the motor mounts and transmission crossmember built, had to use one of those weld-up kits for the headers they look so so but will have to do. Most all of the work is done I just need to spend a bunch of money on motor ,transmission ,converter ,ignition system, I hope to bring it out late next summer.This thing was way more work to get ready than that nova I have been racing the last 5 years. When the 53 is all sorted out I hope to run real high 10s or low 11s .
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 8:54 pm

sounds nice Phil Can't to see it got more pictures?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 8:51 am

Phil,s just building that car to make me jealous and it,s working LOL
Back to top Go down
chevy2kid
Club Member
Club Member
chevy2kid

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2013, 1:13 pm

strip out s10 and finishing vega. on the nova new trans and rear end
Back to top Go down
noscrazy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 11:58 am

Twisted Evil
amac wrote:
Phil,s just building that car to make me jealous and it,s working LOL
build a nos crazy car that will make him mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
noscrazy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 12:04 pm

so do any of you girls need a date
Back to top Go down
noscrazy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 12:05 pm

Phil N wrote:
I'm still working on my 53 belair almost ready to paint it. will post some pictures when its painted. the rear suspension is finished it's ladder bar with leaf springs and floaters . I streached the inner wheel housings so that 11.5x28 tires will fit .I have a dana 60 with 4.11 still need to order the axles,but the money is a little short this time of year. Will be painting it a light aqua and the roof will be painted a off white. the wheels are a 1950s style chrome ,rear 15x10 front 15x4.5. I have the motor mounts and transmission crossmember built, had to use one of those weld-up kits for the headers they look so so but will have to do. Most all of the work is done I just need to spend a bunch of money on motor ,transmission ,converter ,ignition system, I hope to bring it out late next summer.This thing was way more work to get ready than that nova I have been racing the last 5 years. When the 53 is all sorted out I hope to run real high 10s or low 11s .
nic car does it have nos Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 7:59 am

Let,s see noscrazy most of the girls on here are married or not looking and what is this nos stuff your talking about?
Back to top Go down
jason.thorne.94
Club Member
Club Member
jason.thorne.94

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 7:31 am

Nitrous is great.... IF you don't mind wearing out the motor prematurely...

Personally i prefer all motor, then again i'm just getting back into racing and my last car was crazy enough with any help from a bottle.

This winter i'm working one getting the monte ready to race, I have a bit of frame I need to have cut out and replaced by the rear bumper a motor to finish paying for and refreshing , I have to choose between rebuilding the 2004r i have in it( really love the overdrive for freeway cruising) but i have a turbo 400 thats ready to go..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/jason.thorne.94
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???   Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Have Any Plans For Next Year???
Page 1 of 1