Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Quarter Panel Rubber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Quarter Panel Rubber Empty
PostSubject: Quarter Panel Rubber   Quarter Panel Rubber Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 8:39 pm

Ok, I'm giving up the "Best Kept" SECRET in drag racing. Everyone hates cleaning that rubber from the Burnout Box from their quarter panels. I can spray melted rubber up the side of the Z with the best of em, I've done burnouts the entire length of Sunset before. For years I've been using "TIRE BLACK", any ole brand of the clear liquid seems to work, Eagle One or Mequirs is what I usually use. just spray some on the quarter panel behind the tire as high as needed, ya can wipe some off with a paper towel or rag if it drips alot. If I'm doing long burnouts in a HeadsUp race I just spray it on heavy an thats it, 99% of the rubber just falls off, all thats needed is a slight wipe with some more Tire Black an the rest is gone. It might smear alot if your a 1st time cleaner but lessons as you have almost nuthing to clean once applied. I've applied it to the Z an my Nova with great results an no harm to any paint at all over the years, the Z even has a pinstripe above the gold paint an its still in place. This is my biggest secret in life an I hope you all can keep it amongst yourselves an I better noy see a dirty car with the Club Logo on it this summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Panel Rubber   Quarter Panel Rubber Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2010, 9:36 am

Sounds like we need a Sticky for tips and tricks
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Panel Rubber   Quarter Panel Rubber Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2010, 9:52 am

Thanks Don,
I guess some of us Old Dogs are going to have to give up some of our secrets and get these Young Pups flying !
Back to top Go down
onefastermonte85

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Panel Rubber   Quarter Panel Rubber Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 10:29 am

i'm going to try this, im' tired of using kerosene to take the rubber off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eriestreetmachines.com

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Panel Rubber   Quarter Panel Rubber Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 1:42 pm

Don't you all just love this line from Don's post "This is my biggest secret in life ''
I don't see how he can move around today without his Pinocchio nose hitting everything ! Of course I can just picture him typing that with a big grin too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Panel Rubber   Quarter Panel Rubber Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 8:14 pm

Ok , its only my 2nd biggest secret. You'll never get that ole #1 outta me though,lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Panel Rubber   Quarter Panel Rubber Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 8:22 pm

[quote="onefastermonte85"]i'm going to try this, im' tired of using kerosene to take the rubber off. [/quote

Gregg , I just cleaned my panels after 3 weeks of racing today, yes 3 weekends of racing an ya could start to see traces of rubber particles sticking, I used one paper towel an wiped the small traces of rubber off an sprayed some more GOO on , wipe it lightly with a fresh paper towel to get the drips off an left a light film there. It took me all of 60 seconds to do the whole task. You'll be thanking mer every time ya see me for gerting this trick passed on to ya, your grandkids will thank my grandkids too it works so well. Heck your wife when ya wed will thank my wife an your Dog will thank my dog for ya not being in such a bad mood from cleaning rubber off all after noon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Panel Rubber   Quarter Panel Rubber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quarter Panel Rubber
Page 1 of 1