Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour

Go down 
+4
Firebird Benson
kpurdie
amac
Toot
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Empty
PostSubject: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 7:19 am

Ok folks, here is a tentative schedule for the hopefully yearly QEDRC Tour. As you all know it was suggested that we all have a tour of the area tracks to make our presence known and possibly get more folks interested in the club. Toot posted a poll for all the club members to vote for the tracks we all wanted to visit and the voting is now closed. This wasn't a track popularity contest but your voices were heard and the results were predictable.

I tried to make up this schedule with a few things in mind. The biggest thing was for us to go on a regular race day to the different tracks. This was done to keep the cost of entering the race reasonable and making sure we're all able to make enough runs. This is why I stayed away from special event days except for 2 tracks. Since a few of our members are involved with the Renegade Racing Assoc. I thought it would be nice to incorporate our club date with the running of 2 of the Renegade races. Granted the cost of admission to the 2 races with the Renegade Racing Assoc. will be higher, but some of that money goes to the racers themselves which might indirectly benefit a club member. Here is the list of tracks and dates:

Thompson Raceway Park - June 18 - Renegade race also

Magnolia Dragway - July 10

Steel Valley - July 30

Pittsburgh Raceway Park - August 13

Quaker City - August 27 - Renegade race also

Dragway 42 - September 11

Now, attendance and racing at ANY of these events isn't mandatory by any means. If you have other commitments and don't want to come, thats fine.

If any of these scheduled events get rained out, they WON'T be made up and just dropped from the schedule.

We'll try and make plans on where to meet up maybe to caravan to the tracks and also to find a common meeting area in the pits.

If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE say something. I know the price of gasoline/diesel will impact some of you and that's fully understood.

Last edited by Andamo on May 10th 2011, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 8:56 am

Sounds great to me Dan I think you did a very good job putting this together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 5:31 pm

Thanks for all the work on this Dan. We will definitely be at a few of these races. Hopefully this is successful and people have more fun going to this stuff than the same old trip to Sunset every weekend!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 6:46 pm

Great job Dan, this is what we been waiting for,something in stone to plan for. I think attendance will be high from the members if they can look this far ahead. Bravo !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 7:13 pm

Thank to all. It might be a little self-serving though because I like the Renegade Racing Assoc. and I tried to incorporate a few of their events into the club races. There might be some in the club that would maybe qualify for one of the Renegade classes and this will give them a chance to race on a heads-up Pro tree.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 9:30 pm

This is going to great it will give me time to get organized and will prolly be the only racing I do this year LOL Good job Dan you really came through it is an excellent list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kpurdie
Club Member
Club Member
kpurdie

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2011, 9:41 pm

count me in , nice pics flower
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 9:23 am

Anybody else think our Picnic should be at Quaker on Aug. 27 th.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 10:30 pm

Yes !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 8:51 pm

Toot wrote:
Anybody else think our Picnic should be at Quaker on Aug. 27 th.
Very Happy

Very Happy cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kpurdie
Club Member
Club Member
kpurdie

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 9:55 pm

good for me flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 10:14 pm

I'm down...........!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 8:02 am

Good I hope a few more "Members" approve. It's going to hard to top last years Picnic at Sunset.
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 2:14 am

Sounds like a good plan , also i wasn't sure what is happening with the whole meeting thing but the other day i went to golden corral for mothers day and they have a banquet room that we can reserve for free monthly, its not a bad price for dinner for all you can eat and they are all tables so that everyone can see each other and not have a problem hearing cause its in a separate room. Just a suggestion. Is it ever going to stop raining?
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 8:28 am

I aprove I don't really count but my dad will be a member! All we have to do is make a pass with the car. The car is a couple days away from being done! How old do you have to be to become a actual member because I will be 16 in janurary?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 5:07 pm

I approve.
Back to top Go down
Phil N
Club Member
Club Member
Phil N

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2011, 7:30 pm

I work a lot of weekends so I took vacation days for 4 of the races . i'm off the other 2 so I hope I can make them all. I sure hope I can because last year at the end of the season at thompson we all had a good time together.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2011, 11:47 pm

Brock Spangler wrote:
I aprove I don't really count but my dad will be a member! All we have to do is make a pass with the car. The car is a couple days away from being done! How old do you have to be to become a actual member because I will be 16 in janurary?

That is a good question Brock, But in my opinion I don't think it is about how old you are as much as how mature you act.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2011, 11:52 pm

Phil N wrote:
I work a lot of weekends so I took vacation days for 4 of the races . i'm off the other 2 so I hope I can make them all. I sure hope I can because last year at the end of the season at thompson we all had a good time together.

I think I can make most of them to except Aug. 13 Have plans to go to Night under Fire.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2011, 8:47 am

I act like an adult I talk to most people on here @ the track so they might be able to tell you.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2011, 11:00 am

Brock Spangler wrote:
I act like an adult I talk to most people on here @ the track so they might be able to tell you.
brock I was not referring to you acting your age I was referring to an ex member not acting his age
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2011, 8:19 pm

Toot wrote:
Brock Spangler wrote:
brock I was not referring to you acting your age I was referring to an ex member not acting his age

Dang, when did I get voted out?
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2011, 8:32 pm

Little Z28 wrote:
Toot wrote:
Brock Spangler wrote:

Dang, when did I get voted out?

lol
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 8:34 am

Lil Z we did,nt vote you out you,re just on the bump if you outrun you,re Dad you stay and he get,s voted on -----LMAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 8:38 am

Whew......this sure is a tough club to try and stay in ! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour    Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quarter Eights 6 x 6 Tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next