Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

NHRA UNLEASHED

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2010, 6:41 pm

Looks like ole My Z will be headed back to Nat'l Trails an Indy to run the Limited Street Class. These are the same rules roughly that the King of Columbus 10.5 follows, somebodys gonna be the Z's Bitch for sure down at the big city agin. Maybe if lil Z is running we can take 1 n 2 spots.

Schedule:
http://www.nhra.com/multimedia/unleashed.aspx

Rules:
http://www.nhra.com/UserFiles/file/Unleashed/2010%20NHRA%20Unleashed.pdf
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2010, 7:20 pm

Show,em what those small tires will do Don remember it aint the size of the package but the traction that you get from the footboard lol
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2010, 7:29 pm

Having a BIG phucking motor an a tanker full of Nitrous don't hurt either,lol!
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2010, 7:56 pm

Yo Mr. Z how big is your motor any ways? I seen the motor twice.
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2010, 8:23 pm

632/1000+HP with 3 nitrous kits 750hp total. even on the best tracks its on the verge of "Out of Control". Yep, my azz is puckered every pass! ya never get used to it. I've never sprayed it at Sunset an haven't used more than 3/4 throttle in 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2010, 8:32 pm

Wow! Shocked
Back to top Go down
TurboJoe
Club Member
Club Member
TurboJoe

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 3:40 pm

Mr Z wrote:
632/1000+HP with 3 nitrous kits 750hp total. even on the best tracks its on the verge of "Out of Control". Yep, my azz is puckered every pass! ya never get used to it. I've never sprayed it at Sunset an haven't used more than 3/4 throttle in 3 years.

affraid

Awesome!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://qedrc.com

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: re: unleashed   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 5:30 pm

I would be interested in the index class racing. I wonder, if you have to be a nhra member and have a perm. nhra number to run??? everything else as far as tech would be the same as ihra rules for bracket racing...
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 7:35 pm

You should be good if you pass safty tech, NHRA insists on NHRA chassis certs an License for fast cars but you don't need that for 11.00 I don;t think. Pullin TV from Pinks is involved too an when we went to Pinks tech was "How big is that motor dude?
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: re: unleashed   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 9:42 pm

Am I reading it right, when it says $100 for test and tune on friday after tech inspection. for the index class is only $50 dollars to enter for the race itself.
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 9:47 pm

Thats what I read too, sounds kinda steep an I bet ya won't get a lot a runs at an event like that, be a good day to drink beer an watch all the other spendthrifts. Ya only get 2 qualifying passes so we better be sorted out at Thompson before we go, timeslips are nearly idenical from my experience. From my calculations if we watch on friday that leaves us with $100 each extra for BEER, CAN YOU SAY B E E R R U N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mrs Z says we'd have $100 each for a nice dinner.........................................................................................I SAY B double E double R U N BEERRUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: re:unleashed   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 9:58 pm

10 and a fiver and a sober driver or something like that. I am with you on fri. I will watch and throw beer cans at all the chevy power. hahaha
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 10:18 pm

I got Mrs Z calling Nat'l trail tomorrow about this registration loophole we need.
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: re: unleashed   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 4:09 pm

looks to me like if you want to compete in any nhra sanction events, you have to have a perment car number which cost $50 and also be a nhra member, which I think now is $68. let me now what you find out. I am still interested!!!
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 8:02 pm

You don't need a perminant number for this race an right now theres NO PRE-REGISTRATION, talked to Jim Layton GM @ Nat'l Trails today an he said that there is a meeting Mid-March with the NHRA an we should watch the Nat'l Trails an NHRA website to see if they change their mind after the meeting. He don't think so but it could change because they are expecting a HUGE RACE similar to the ADRL event.
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: RE: UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 9:38 pm

good info, thanks mr z. I hope the nhra doesnt get greedy with this and push the little guy out. sounds like it is going to be a good program!!!
Back to top Go down
mattsv8_03

mattsv8_03

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 10:32 am

im going too try and hit this event too. looking to run in the 8.50s index class.
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 7:33 pm

I think it'll be a good time.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 8:40 pm

I,m gonna run the 6-0 class Oh rats you guys are talking about the Quarter mile lol
Back to top Go down
mattsv8_03

mattsv8_03

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 8:44 am

there is a 6.0 class at kilkare's outlaw street car madness or maybe its 5.50s and 6.50s
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 10:11 pm

I'm in for the 8.50 index, can't meet the rules for Limited Street. The classes are not full an they need cars! I will represent the best I can, they banned nitrous timers just last week so I stripped the cars weight all off to get down just under 2800#, should be about 2775# now , I've ran 8.62@2950# all motor so hopefully I can hit 8.50 on motor with no testing. Just made up my mind on it an didn't have time to test anything but my best races are usually spur of the moment anyways. I might not win the Wally but the guy that does will have to get around the Z to get it !
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2010, 7:07 pm

Got a rough draft for a schedule, Saturday would be the best day to come an watch for just the afternoon an evening if ya can't stay 2 days

Friday - TnT 10:00am-3:00pm $25.00

Friday - 1st round qualifying 5:00pm. if theres a lot of cars they might hold 2nd qualifier later Friday evening

Saturday - 10:00am-4:00pm 2nd an 3rd round qualifying

Saturday - Eliminations start at 4:00pm

OK , Here's an update on Racer registrations for Columbus as of 9/4/10. I've heard some ask if all of the spots are full, so I thought that I'd give you an update. They are registering 64 cars per class for 32 car fields.

Aerospace Components 10.0 Class - 45
Aerospace Components 11.0 Class - 44
Aerospace Components 12.0 Class - 36
Aerospace Components 13.0 Class - 22
Aerospace Components 9.5 Class - 10
Aerospace Components 9.0 Class - 16
Aerospace Components 8.5 Class - 9
Aerospace Components EZ Street Class - 0
Aerospace Components Limited Street Class - 3
Aerospace Components Outlaw 10.5 Class - 3
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 9:46 pm

Good luck Dad, be careful down there! I'd love to come, but my better judgement tells me to stay here and get ready for next weekend....
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 9:55 pm

Theres a 70% chance of rain Saturday, my luck, problem is this won't be cancelled, we stay through Sunday an race. Temps should be nice, mid 70's. We'll know what the Z got on motor after this weekend for sure cause no nitrous timers allowed, shouldn't need it. Less weight, 500rpm higher shift point for N/A, try to cut some good lights an LET HER EAT !!!!! Hopefully 8.501 on motor here I come.
Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 9:46 pm

Just talked to Mom and Dad down in Columbus. So far they got to make two test hits and one qualifier. First round qualifier he went an 8.62 @ 158 mph and is at #3 for tonight. He made a test hit after qualifying since they had some extra time and ran a new best on all motor of 8.54 @ 159 mph (all motor since nitrous timers and progressives aren't allowed in this class).

The waterpump quit on the last pass and it got a little warm, but luckily Jegs is 20 minutes up the road, and a fellow they're racing with is gonna pick one up in the morning.

10:00 a.m. is next round of qualifying!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NHRA UNLEASHED Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHRA UNLEASHED   NHRA UNLEASHED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHRA UNLEASHED
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next