Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Pomona NHRA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wheaton-Special
Club Member
Club Member
Wheaton-Special

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 9:23 pm

Qualifiers at 11pm tonight. Race at 8pm tomorrow night. Smile
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 9:31 pm

Its a shame they won,t let us watch the testing thats where the action is most of the time
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 1:58 pm

Well I hope the race tonight is better than the eliminations last night I kept falling asleep.Don the snake Prudomme retired so I guess Don the sneaky snake Turner will have to fill the hole lol John Force is down to 3 cars now Zippy Neff is not driving but tuning although he,s prolly the most talented guy in the Force camp.NHRA has a new electronic shut down at the stripe kills the ignition opens the chute at the same time the drivers don,t seem to like it. Let me take the monza down won,t they get a suprise No chute lol There is rumor of the pro mods running with the NHRA circuit but there was no mention of it last night that I heard.Maybe some fear of their thunder being stolen lol Well lets see what the race is like 8:00 pm espn 2 on my dish
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 3:32 pm

Yeah, tonight's elimonations better be better! I hear they have all of the swamp rats there... Cool
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 11:15 pm

Who ended up winning? I missed it..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 7:23 am

edwards,Mr.Force,Dixon
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 5:42 pm

Zippy Neff is tuning John Force,s car and you see who had the baddest funny car of the race that guy is sharp keep an eye on him .Ashley lost her laundry on the line and got a little flustered.Mike Edwards is flat wearing pro stock out And Larry Dixon ran his fueler good enough to get the win. Still no mention of pro mod if those boys get cut loose that will be a show!!!
Back to top Go down

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 5:46 pm

how bout that larry morgan in the ford!!! Good to see the blue oval out there.. I remember not so many years ago in pro stock that all the gm's were chasing the blue oval.. sure would be nice to see that again, just to piss of all you gm lovers...
Back to top Go down

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 7:27 pm

B Slow wrote:
how bout that larry morgan in the ford!!! Good to see the blue oval out there.. I remember not so many years ago in pro stock that all the gm's were chasing the blue oval.. sure would be nice to see that again, just to piss of all you gm lovers...
Ford had some good ones, remember Bob Glidden!
Back to top Go down

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 4:17 pm

they only had one good one and yes it was Glidden. have you ever seen his son run, at them NMRO races. WOW!!! on 347 cu. with lots of gas.
Back to top Go down

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 7:49 pm

BG's small block is almost 500cuin I read somewhere an yep he uses a lot of gas. Still very impressive performance, he beats guys with almost twice the engine that he has.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 7:43 am

I was in the library this morning reading my Drag Racing Action mag. and right there in front of me was the NHRA schedule with the PRO MODS coming out march 11-14 at Gainesville Gatornationals and running 10 events I,m hoping that it will add some spice to the shows !!!
Back to top Go down
Wheaton-Special
Club Member
Club Member
Wheaton-Special

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 6:45 pm

Wonder if the will actually have any coverage on the TV?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2010, 6:25 pm

Last weekend at Firebird Intl. the NHRA did not have a very good race 2 pro stock cars flipped in qualifying and Antron Brown lost a wheel then hit the wall. The police report said that a piece of debris hit a female spectator fatal,y injuring her what a sad outcome anytime someone gets hurt in this sport is a terrible shame all we can do is be safe as possible!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pomona NHRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomona NHRA   Pomona NHRA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pomona NHRA
Page 1 of 1