Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Meetings not at the Lube anymore

Go down 
+7
Rocs61vet
Toot
Montecrazy1971
moterhead
Blair
Little Toot
amac
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Meetings not at the Lube anymore Empty
PostSubject: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 6:21 pm

Well for those of you who do not know we got bumped out of the lube for the Dec. meeting which we had at my shop and it was awesome! I called the lube to make sure we were good for Jan. 6 and talked to the manager Angie she said that we would be penciled in for thur. Jan 6. She then advised me that she could not schedule the room to us exclusively for the first thur. of the month and I told her we had set that up with Jason indefinitely well the problem is Jason is no longer employed with QSL. So without having a commitment from the lube I called Charlie from Charlie B,s in Mercer and he was so excited that we would consider having meeting,s there he said if we did not like the menu he would change it he also said there would be discounts, car cruises, and other activities. I also explained to him that this would be a [voted on] club decision to be made at the next meeting and I am sure some are very happy at QSL. Now don,t get me wrong I like QSL but Angie told me if there was anything going on at the Lube on our thurs. night meeting we will get bumped be it football games or whatever this seems to me that all of a sudden we are second place and I think the club treats QSL pretty darn good. This is something to think about Charlie is a local guy trying to make it he and his wife have muscle cars his son is going to wyotech they are car people any members that have been to Charlie B,s liked it. Heck Roc an I took the vette and monza over one evening and Charlie himself put water under our tires so we could do burn outs then we had wings for .35 cents a wing and they were good he also has a lounge and a banquet room. I would like to think that a restaurant would appreciate the Quarter Eights Drag Race Club having a meeting once a month at their establishment it makes for some good revenue on a slow thur,s night. Heck maybe I,ll turn the shop into a restaurant and call it Food that Taste Good but is bad for you LOL. I would like to see a place where the club can call exclusive without getting bumped but the club must decide so give it some thought and at the Jan. meeting we will put it to a vote And Thankyou Skip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 6:56 pm

Just point me in the direction an I'll go, my only advice is to not switch meeting places on a monthly basis, I seen membership drop fast when the knights started doing it. Charly's is fine with me, plenty of parking for the hotrods an should be able to see em from inside I think an when it warms up we can do donuts in the parking lot to help Charly drum up some passer byers.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 7:15 pm

Yeah Don I agree 100% and this is something we should not get in a habit of we out grew Denny,s and QSL is perfect but Angie will not guarantee us the room. We can,t all go over there to find out that we have to share the room if there is a room. That,s why I say put it to a vote we may never have a problem at the lube but I think the lube owes the club just a little bit of consideration and how hard can it be to keep the room for us one thurs. night a month ? And thanks for the input Don I hope everyone will get involved because it will affect everyone .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 7:36 pm

Make the meetings on a Saturday.........
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 7:40 pm

I'll try an make every meeting I can... It don't matter to me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 8:19 pm

Charlie B's at Rt.19 & I-80 would be ok with we. They have their cruise in on wed. with a D.J. They also give away chances for doorprizes and meal discounts if you bring a hotrod. It would be nice if they changed the cruise day to thur. so we can bring our cars to the cruise in/ meetings?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 8:23 pm

pineapple wrote:
Charlie B's at Rt.19 & I-80 would be ok with we. They have their cruise in on wed. with a D.J. They also give away chances for doorprizes and meal discounts if you bring a hotrod. It would be nice if they changed the cruise day to thur. so we can bring our cars to the cruise in/ meetings?

Hey stranger, where you been lurking? Long time no see....
Back to top Go down
Blair

Blair

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 8:41 pm

charlie B's is good for us to.plus its a closer drive.
Back to top Go down
moterhead
Club Member
Club Member
moterhead

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 9:14 pm

Little Z28 wrote:
I'd go for that, I work steady afternoon shift and can't make it on week days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 9:37 pm

moterhead wrote:
Little Z28 wrote:
I'd go for that, I work steady afternoon shift and can't make it on week days.

I live 3.5 hours away and can't do anything up there on the weekdays either. Once summer starts I don't really see the need for meetings at a resturant, just have them at a track somewhere on a Saturday for a half hour or something.
Back to top Go down
Montecrazy1971

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 11:17 pm

Works great for me a mile from home
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 8:46 am

Keep them coming looks like we have some voting to at the jan. meeting. We will keep trying to move in a positive direction for the club and members.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 9:09 am

We've had a year to figure this Out, so our learning curve is starting level out and I know we can't make everybody all the time. I am fine with what ever we all decide on as long as we don't forget we are "Dragracing Club" first and formost.
Back to top Go down
moterhead
Club Member
Club Member
moterhead

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 10:05 am

amac wrote:
Keep them coming looks like we have some voting to at the jan. meeting.

Can we have absentee voting? (I can't make mid-week meetings.)If so, I vote anything weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 12:11 pm

I get the feeling that the QSL isn't showing much loyality to repeating clientele. It seems that Charlie is a car guy that would welcome us whereas the QSL's bottom line place is asking ''what you do for us'' kinda deal.
Charlie's is much closer for me and I would welcome going there, but I know everyone isn't in the same situation.
I really think we need to make the decision before the January 6th meeting at the QSL so as not to make a awkward vote there. Should we put a poll up and see what the members think about this ?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 7:26 pm

First of all I am so glad everyone is getting involved it kinda spreads the load.I think the Ideas are great and I will go along with whatever is voted on be it change locations, days, and whatever else needs to be addressed. I would be up for a poll but this club has a lot of members who are not on line and we would have to phone everyone twice once for a poll and then to notify of the outcome. The manager at QSL said she would pencil us in for Jan. 6 And if we vote QSL out then I will let them know that minute, and maybe next time they will take into consideration what it takes to organize something like this. For a volunteer club I have seen none better than the QEDRC. We can come together and pull things off without any stress or worry to any one person so if we vote QSL out it is their loss.And as far as changing the day hey I,m open just as long as the whole club gets the chance to vote then it will be the right decision.The reason I contacted Charlie B is because he is a car guy and he loves the Idea of us being there, and to see if he could handle it. If we vote to use his restaurant. He has already made us more welcome than any place we have been in so far [only two] so we have a lot of members that will be at QSL who would like to stay there and a lot that will leave and we have some who would like to have meeting at a dragstrip during the season and I will go along with the majority but again I am not the boss this club is a group effort with many many good Drag racers who as far as I am concerned can make the best decisions quicker than most any sport out there LOL so I,ll see you at QSL and we,ll get this figured out Skip
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 11:12 am

Vote for Me Skip ! ...Charlie B's is closer for Me too ...: )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 11:39 am

I like the idea of charlie b's... closer and I think there would be more loyality to us as a club...
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 2:04 pm

moterhead wrote:
amac wrote:
Keep them coming looks like we have some voting to at the jan. meeting.

Can we have absentee voting? (I can't make mid-week meetings.)If so, I vote anything weekend.
I think an absentee vote is a great Idea for members that can,t make the meeting. Many members work shift,s and long hours, plus are far away and no one should be left out because of this so maybe we can have a call in vote because some don,t have access to the internet. What ever kind of decision is made by the club will be good for the club.Like Toot said we cannot keep everybody happy all the time so we will try our best to keep as many satisfied as possible and the more members that are involved the better chance you have to keep the majority happy!!!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 7:49 pm

Rocs61vet wrote:

It is not closer for us from Ohio
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 8:11 pm

Toot wrote:
Rocs61vet wrote:

It is not closer for us from Ohio
I'll pick you up ! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2011, 7:29 am

Toot, it would actually be closer by 20 miles taking the back roads from E. Liverpool to Charlies, but the downside is that it'll take 45 min. longer. No one place will be good for all of us.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2011, 8:27 am

Well instead of beating around the bush I will come right out and say it.
The only Cruze In's I want to do is my truck setting in the pitts waiting my next pass down the dragstrip. If that is what you are into that is great, and I have been in a Cruze before but, I did't join a "cruze in club". If there is a race and a Cruze on the same day I will be at the track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2011, 8:37 am

Unless I missed something, we're trying to iron out a place for the monthly club meetings. I believe Charlie's has cruise events in the nice weather, but that's totally seperate from why this thread was started.
Back to top Go down
Montecrazy1971

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2011, 4:02 pm

Never gonna make everbody happy that's just life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   Meetings not at the Lube anymore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meetings not at the Lube anymore
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next