Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

New drag strip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 2:59 pm

It looks like a new 1/8th mile drag strip will be built around the Horner, WV area which is west of Buckhannon. I know it woud be a long haul for most of us, but it's encouraging to hear about a new track being built. From looking at it's location, there sure as heck won't be any complaining from folks in housing plans ! It's not the end of the world, but I'll bet you can see it from this place. Tentative plans for opening is July of 2011.

Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Re: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 3:03 pm

You never know may have check it out
Back to top Go down

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Re: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 3:07 pm

I like the way you think Tim.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Re: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 6:51 pm

There are a few about me not talked about..lol HERE
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Re: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 7:35 am

Toot how did you get kinfolk in West Va. are they on you fathers side or mothers side or [both] ? Dan it is great that there is a new track being built even though it is far away. I guess people realize that the sport of drag racing is here to stay !!!
Back to top Go down

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Re: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 8:00 am

Skip, yes it's good to see at least 1 new track being built. There were many tracks that were built in the 50's and 60's that now have housing developments close to them and the people are raising hell about all the noise. Atco in New Jersey comes to mind and every year it's a battle to keep it open. I live close to Lernerville Speedway, which is a 1/2 mile dirt track. Years ago they built a housing development just about across the road from the track. Once these people moved in and heard the noise and saw the dust, they went to the township and complained. Luckily when Don Martin built the track he incorporated a 99 year lease that can't be broken. So these people have to live with it. Some actually sued the realtors for not telling them the track was there ! How in the hell can you NOT see a huge sign saying SPEEDWAY ! Idiots.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Re: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 8:29 am

amac wrote:
Toot how did you get kinfolk in West Va. are they on you fathers side or mothers side or [both] ? Dan it is great that there is a new track being built even though it is far away. I guess people realize that the sport of drag racing is here to stay !!!

They are from Dads side I think they are part of the family that ask Mom and Dad to leave the family reunion back in 1974 when they rode in on there new Harley Davidson full dresser. Ha ha so we never went back.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Re: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 9:13 pm

Well Toot some families can,t deal with others out doing them LOL
Dan you are one hundred percent right I have seen people build houses on the beach and complain about sand and the waves making noise.Then there,s the ones that build out in the woods and complain about the animals,bugs,etc. I would consider myself lucky to live next to a dragstrip if I ever move again that will be on the list of where to look [second] first issue will be climate I can deal with the snow but subartic temps are to much for me I was pushing snow this morning and I thought I saw a polar bear affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Re: New drag strip   New drag strip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New drag strip
Page 1 of 1