Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

First Club Track Day of 2011

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

First Club Track Day of 2011 Empty
PostSubject: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 9:57 am

When the weather seems to even out and be more reliable give some thought towards what track we could go to as a club. Feel free to suggest what day ,what track, what time etc. I will bring this up at the next meeting if I don,t forget LOL It would be nice to show up in good numbers and I know this is hard but the more input we have then the better chance we have of making it easy for the most members to cooperate, it is so fun to show up together and hangout and watch each other blast down the track!!! So give it some thought this is something for fun[NO PRESSURE]
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 10:21 am

It would be really nice if you guys come to sunset last time you guys came it went really well! Just a thought
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 3:45 pm

Brock Spangler wrote:
It would be really nice if you guys come to sunset last time you guys came it went really well! Just a thought

The only time Sunset is worth a shit is when Bill Benson is running the track ! But the track is still to ruff for some of the faster cars in our club. My truck is close to 100 mph in the 1/8 and I have had my hands full a few times I could not Imagine running in the 5's there and I think maybe a few members could crack the whip and get in the 4's
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 9:17 pm

Quaker and Thompson are some kool tracks. close for some people and far for the others and vice versa , I would like to have gone to pittsburgh track last year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 9:24 am

There are so many good tracks in the area now, Quaker, Thompson, PRP, Magnolia and Steel Valley, I can't see why the club event has to be at Sunset. The racers with the quicker cars, and one's that don't want to rip up their cars, won't attend Sunset, and I don't blame them. Plus, I think you're better off racing at a track that has EMT's and insurance in place in case something would happen.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 10:38 am

Maybe we could hit one a month ? as Ryan said Never been to PRP but will this year ! have raced Magnolia and like it although never made past 3rd round. Steel Valley I don't think you guy's should go there lol because I went there twice last year and both times I took there money a trophies home with me...! and I know that wouldn't happen if any of you guy's were there. My truck has ran it's best times ever at Thompson and Norwalk. Racing at Norwalk night under fire was a blast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 11:31 am

If everyone from the club took their cars to Steel Valley, the club cars would probably outnumber all the other cars that show up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 6:40 pm

I like the one track a month idea, we need to set a schedule an stick to it so the ones that want to attend can plan an I think its more fun to visit new asphalt an see racers ya meet on the way. I've got to know some very nice folks at tracks I never thought I'd race on in my travels. If we go as a club there's prolly at least one or two of us that would be familiar with each track an the system they run so we wouldn't feel like total strangers an make azzes of our selves going the wroung way or something?? It would give us smething to do each month also kinda like a club or something instead of just going to Sunset to see everyone when nuthings going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 6:47 pm

Thompson, Quaker City, Steel Valley, Magnolia, Pittsburgh Raceway Park, Milan, National Trails, New York International Raceway Park, Norwalk, Sunset, Kilkare, etc are all within a 5 hour drive each way. Pick some dates and set them up! If I'm forgetting any add them to the list and put them on the calendar. One a month or one every 3 weeks! Make it happen!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 6:56 pm

Drag42
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 7:45 pm

Great ideas guys I know everyone could not go once a month but if we plan ahead a lot of members would be able to make some, anyway I have to be honest I cannot hit the tree with my car at sunset I,ve tried everything any other track I go to no problem plus I do not want to go any faster at sunset than I have been so I am all in for going to different tracks.Like Mr Z said its good to have people at the track that have been there before and know the layout and Lil Z said there are a lot of tracks within a couple of hundred miles that a lot of members have never been to. Now I cannot go every weekend but if we had one every weekend I could go once a month or maybe twice I will not spend the time at sunset that I have been so I will be able to go to more tracks. I always did like to go to new tracks anyway. I like to meet new racers to run my mouth to because they have never heard my stories LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:55 pm

It won't matter if we can't make all of the tracks we schedule, some will some won't. The point being that who does go will have a blast, 8 or 1o members go to one track an maybe 20 go to the next month, each group migh be differant but they will all have fun at the track scheduled. Not everyone will be able to attend every event , thats the good thing about having one each month for those that want to race an have the day off. It'll just give us some targeted events, a start of some kind an it will lead to other idea'rs that will pop up for us to do. This will be a good subject for the meeting an maybe get voting on the tracks the club would like to hit so we could get them scheduled in ink. Ask the members when they would like to what track or something so we can hit a track a month through October at least.
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 11:38 pm

Well if you count the months that drag racing season actually lasts, there is no way once a month is going to get them all in, also it is impossible to make everyone happy so plan them , whoever shoes up is whatever. You can only afford so much especially gas prices now. I just wana get outta the house and smell some rubber. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2011, 6:08 pm

Skip want's to Race this coming week-end for his Birthday !...any Tracks Open with out Snow on them ??? lol
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2011, 8:33 pm

I would like to do the same lol, with my jeep haha
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2011, 9:09 pm

thompson raceway park opens this saturday or you got sunset on sunday!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2011, 9:29 pm

I could race the boats easier this weekend this weather SUCKS LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Club Track Day of 2011   First Club Track Day of 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Club Track Day of 2011
Page 1 of 1