Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

ADRL race at PBIR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2011, 6:39 am

I thought I'd pass this along to all that are interested. If you're into drag racing I'm sure you all know Bret Kepner. Bret is giving out a little gift for anyone that wants to watch the ADRL race this Friday and Saturday from Palm Beach Raceway. Normally there is a charge per event to watch these races of $9.95, unless you're a ADRL member. A season pass to view all the races is $14.95. But Bret has given out his ADRL membership number and e-mail addy so anyone can log in to watch the racing. Racing starts Friday morning at 11:00 and thats actually when we should be coming out to race since the XPS cars are first. And since we didn't race at Baytown, we'll be lucky (??) enough to maybe be the first car down the track. And we all know what it like being the first cars down a green track !!
Anyway, just go to the ADRL site http://www.adrl.us/ and look for the Live Coverage section, click on that and that should take you to the log in part. Just enter Bret's membership number: 35806 and then his e-mail addy: bret@adrltv.us

That should log you in. If it doesn't work, don't blame me, I'm just the messenger.

Qualifying sessions are 11:00, 2:30 and 6:15 on Friday and 11:00 on Saturday. Like I said, we should be one of the first cars out in each session. John Deflorian from Haas Race Cars is there to help as is John Satterfield from DamBest Carbs. cheers
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2011, 10:53 am

Thanks Dan
Back to top Go down

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 7:09 am

As we predicted, we shook the tires in the first session. It had rained and they postponed the 1st qualifying round 1.5 hours. We were one of the first cars out on a green track. In the second session we went a 4.172 and were #12 qualifier. But in the 3rd round, which we thought would be our best run, we blew the tires off. Don't know what that was all about. Anyway, we're now on the bump in 16th spot and 1 more session this morning at 11:00.

Two other local racers, John Decerbo (Canfield) and Jim Laurita (Morgantown) are both qualified in the P/N field.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 8:25 am

Sounds like it,s going to be real fast !!!
Back to top Go down

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 8:55 am

The #1 qualifier is in with a 4.085 and there are a whole bunch in the .13 to .16 range. I feel if we make a run in that area, we should be in the run-offs this afternoon.

Both the P/N and P/X classes are 3 second fields. The XTF (extreme 10.5) class is kinda light on car count with just 12 cars.
Back to top Go down

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 7:53 pm

I watched to he last round of qualifying this morning and our car was in the second group of 2 cars out. We were #16 on the bump and the two cars ahead of us weren't in the field. They both ran stellar times and bumped us out. So the only way back into the field was a good run. John Satterfield had suggested we put the other set of carbs on, which the guys did. But I could see when Kevin did the burn-out, it didn't look right. And sure enough, it bogged big time at the hit and we went a 5.34 ending our day.
But the good news is, we won Best Appearing Car. Hopefully that'll ease the pain of not qualifying.
Back to top Go down

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 8:57 pm

I don't expect the tracks to tighten up from all the spring rain for another 3-4 weeks minimum Dan, Heck of a try on an all Motor car against power adders.
Back to top Go down

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 9:38 pm

Actually Don in the XPS class, all the cars are all motor. No nitrous, blowers or turbos. We all have to weigh 2425# and can't be over 830 cubes in a hemi config or 840 cubes in a wedge type motor. I like the concept of the no-rules with the other classes, but in our class everyone is on somewhat equal footing. Our car is unique too since we're the only car in XPS with a automatic trans. We can't use the automatic shifting though and Kevin has to manually shift the trans.
I have a feeling we'll be heading south over the next 2 weeks to test before Maple Grove on May 6-7.
Back to top Go down

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 9:46 pm

Didn't know they had an all motor class.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 8:00 am

840 CI. wedge head,830 hemi head affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADRL race at PBIR Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRL race at PBIR   ADRL race at PBIR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADRL race at PBIR
Page 1 of 1