Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Track question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 10:20 am

On the home page there is a pic of a black pick-up burning out in the water box. What track is that at ? Can't say that it looks familar to me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 11:50 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Jimmy Cherol at Dragway 42?
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 12:17 pm

Little Z28 wrote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Jimmy Cherol at Dragway 42?
cheers
Back to top Go down

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 5:43 pm

Thanks guys. I've never been to D42 but suspected that was the track.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 7:48 pm

D42 is a nice old track and has some of the best food !!!
Back to top Go down
kpurdie
Club Member
Club Member
kpurdie

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 9:26 pm

trp open tomorrow 8:00 am t&t
Back to top Go down

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 10:05 pm

Just don't go in July and August when it's dry. Dad came back a few years ago and it looked like he was running in the desert. All the dust couldn't have been good for the cylinder walls.
Back to top Go down

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 10:38 pm

that was bad that summer, dry for a log time an the dust was an inch deep on the pitt area an the Z was all gold
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 7:56 am

Warren Johnson talked about D42 yesterday at the Zmax said he race four lanes at D42 40 years ago. It is still a great place to race like the Z,s said a little dusty in the pit,s but not bad.
Back to top Go down

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 8:16 am

I remember being at Quaker City back in the 60's and they raced 4 wide in the lower class stockers because of having so many cars wanting to race.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 6:21 am

That,s what is fun about going to other tracks getting to learn there history, some of the early Drag Racing was awesome and the cars were so cool.
Back to top Go down
murphdawg

murphdawg

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 9:48 pm

[b][i]thats like magnolia dragstrip been around since the 1950s and gets better every year
http://www.magnoliadragstripinc.com/ dust was bad there for many years well controlled now and with the new shut down paving last year much better track to race at and good food and ice cream too ask toot lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Track question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track question   Track question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Track question
Page 1 of 1