Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Army Strong

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Army Strong  Empty
PostSubject: Army Strong    Army Strong  Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 9:04 am

Well I just got back from Fort Jackson S.C. where it was 85 plus and you needed AC and sunblock. But I got to watch my son Jake graduate basic training and they put on quite the show not to mention making me the proudest father there [well there were some other ones] but to see them marching on the field was cool. 1300 started out 1100 made it so I guess it,s not for everybody, cruising around the base was cool seeing the equipment and training grounds we got to see a lot but there were areas that you did,nt see those MP,s don,t have no sense of humor LOL It,s not to far from Zmax and even though I did not make it to any tracks there was a steady stream of drag cars going up and down the road, did I mention it was sunny hot and not raining.Well the closer we got to home the more rain we got, Jake gets out of AIT in early aug. and hopefully if everything is dry by then I think he will have to run the monza some.
Back to top Go down

Army Strong  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Strong    Army Strong  Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 11:31 am

Skip, congrats to your son Jake on his graduation from basic. You and your wife have every right to be proud of him. I hope to meet him this summer when he comes home.
Back to top Go down

Army Strong  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Strong    Army Strong  Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 9:02 pm

Congrats to Jake , I bet he's glad boot camp is over!
Back to top Go down

Army Strong  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Strong    Army Strong  Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 9:22 pm

Good job Jake, the tough part is over! Best of luck to you in the future, and thanks for deciding to serve our country. Everyone is proud!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Army Strong  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Strong    Army Strong  Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 8:27 am

He says thanks everybody, and he kinda liked boot camp he dosen,t like being in a classroom but says he gonna go airborne then maybe try rangers I told him go for rank you make more money LOL
Back to top Go down

Army Strong  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Strong    Army Strong  Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 9:30 am

Even a career in the military is still a good option too. I have a friend that spent 20 years in the Navy, retired and was hired on at the post office since he had govenment preference, and then retired from the post office at age 58 with 2 very nice pensions and lifetime health insurance.
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

Army Strong  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Strong    Army Strong  Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 5:09 pm

Congrats Jake!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Army Strong  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Strong    Army Strong  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Strong
Page 1 of 1