Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

2012 Club 6 x 6 tour

Go down 
+3
Toot
larry s.
amac
7 posters
AuthorMessage

2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2012, 7:34 pm

Well, we're going to do the QEDRC 6 x 6 tour again this season. For you new folks, this is when all the club members go to 6 different strips and race spreading around the good word of the QEDRC. The tracks last season welcomed up and mentioned our name on their PA system which is a plus. This planning is in the very preliminary stages since it's still early in the year. But, I would like to get any input and thoughts on this club event from any of the club members since it's your club.
I was thinking about the different tracks and a slight problem has come up. Since Sunset is gone and the track at Seneca, PA is a little iffy at best, I've come up with just 5 tracks. I'll give my reason for not including a local track after I list the tracks we could attend :

Thompson Raceway Park, I think we all like this place.

Magnolia, which by the way has new owners and great weekly pay structure.

Quaker City, which have a new surface this season.

Dragway 42, which we planned on going to in 2011, but rain got in the way around here.......but not trackside.

Steel Valley, another track with new ownership and has welcomed us in the past.

I personally don't want to include Pittsburgh because of the way 2 of our club members were treated there this past season. But, I'll leave that decision to you folks.

Last season I tried to set up 1 of the club races to correspond with one of the Renegade Racing Assoc. races since some of our club members race with the Renegades. From what I understand in 2012, the Renegade Races will be a somewhat ''stand alone'' event along with the weekly bracket racers. In the past, the Renegade racing and the Asphalt Wars cars along with the weekly folks raced on the same day. Having just the Renegades and weekly racers in 2012 should free up more pit space for the QEDRC cars.

Maybe we could have 2 QEDRC races at the same time as the Renegade races and we'll be there to cheer on our club members. Just a thought.

PLEASE, give me your thoughts on how YOU want this to take place. I'm trying to keep the racing close to home for all of us to try and keep the towing expenses down. If they're talking $5.00 a gallon for gasoline by Memorial Day it'll affect us all and our racing and maybe some modifications will need to be made.

And another thing too I need to explain. Both Toot and Skip asked me last year to set the 2011 club schedule up and I'm embarrassed to say that I never attended any of the club races. I plan to change that in 2012.

Last edited by Andamo on February 23rd 2012, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 8:18 am

Thompson twice would be okay with me it,s one of the close tracks to most of us now. Like Dan said any member with input is welcome to share their Ideas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 1:59 pm

Heres an idea. look at track schedules and have club races on test and tune days being as most of the club members are not competitive racers. this would keep cost down and may see more club participation as a whole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 3:36 pm

Good idea. I know Magnolia had Saturday's as their T&T days. Steel Valleys was on Fridays and that where we might run into a problem if the test and tune is a weekday evening. With folks working and getting home and then trying to get to a track, might not work.
I'll look into the possibility though and see what tracks this might work at. Thanks for the suggestion and thinking outside the box is good.
Back to top Go down
larry s.
Club Member
Club Member
larry s.

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 4:08 pm

Andamo wrote:
Good idea. I know Magnolia had Saturday's as their T&T days. Steel Valleys was on Fridays and that where we might run into a problem if the test and tune is a weekday evening. With folks working and getting home and then trying to get to a track, might not work.
I'll look into the possibility though and see what tracks this might work at. Thanks for the suggestion and thinking outside the box is good.
another drag strip that is reasonable and fairly close is luckys drag city in wattsburg.some of us went tkere last year and had fun.the owner is nice also.told us to bring the club up this year.i think test n tune is on saturdays.they race both days on sat and sun.its a quarter mile track
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 4:48 pm

Dan,
What ever tracks members will attend is fine with me! I think you did a fine job last year cheers one the flashlight drags at beaver run would be cool if we could run our racecars there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 5:53 pm

Larry, I didn't include Lucky's because of all the stuff that goes on between Lucky and the local racers on a regular race day. But now that the test & tune has been brought up, I'll see what I can find out.

Toot, the Flashlight Drags is a great idea. Just be aware that the cars all have to have mufflers and they don't allow full slicks either.
I know they moved that Wexford cruise to Beaver Run, which by the way has a new name, but I thought they only had 1 Flashlight Drag. Something to keep in mind though and thanks to both of you for the input.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 6:07 pm

Andamo wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion and thinking outside the box is good.

Thats what us no box racers do!!! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 8:24 am

Folks, I wanted to run something past you and get your feelings. Since the suggestion of having the 6 x 6 events on test & tune days has been raised, that's brought something up I've been thinking about.
If we go on test & tune days we won't be interrupting the weekly racers that might be chasing points if we go on a regular race day. Some of these racers are serious about getting points for end of the year and if the track is a sanctioned track and they're trying to make the bracket finals, it can get a little intense. Some have missed going to the bracket finals because of 1 to 2 points. For these folks the bracket finals is the holy grail to attend and I fully understand that.
I wouldn't want anyone (QEDRC members) going to a track on a one time basis and taking out a points chaser. First off it'll piss off the racer and he might have bad feelings against the entire group.

What are your feeling on this please ?
Back to top Go down
Blair

Blair

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 10:00 pm

I hear ya Mr Z if I can afford the gas to go to these tracks I want to take out those points leaders. I would rather race for the money and bragging rights of kicking the points leaders ass than test n tuning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 6:07 am

Don, I tried to keep the Mercer area as the center point for traveling to the different tracks. Do you know of any closer tracks than the ones I listed ?

Was I boycotting Pittsburgh, not really, just stating facts. How would you feel if you were racing the track owners daughter in the final money round and there was a malfunction in the clocks and no time slips were printed and they declared her the winner without letting you see the results ? If you folks want to go there I can include it in the schedule.

As far as the test & tune days being etched in stone, it was only a suggestion and nothing has been finalized and yours and Mike thoughts are duly noted.

Setting up this 6 x 6 schedule is in the building and suggestion phase and the tracks we want to attend and the type of racing (test & tune or regular competition) will be voted on by the club members. Looking over the list of club members I see many names that don't have e-mail addys and I have to assume they don't have Internet access or just didn't give their addys to whomever signed them up. We need to include ALL the club members in this even if it's a phone call to a fellow member telling us what their thoughts are. If you know of these people, please let them know what we're planning.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 9:20 am

Toot wrote:
Dan,
What ever tracks members will attend is fine with me!
I don't care what tracks are on 6x6 tour, as far as going to race or test and tune I don't care about that ether I can go a few rounds at most tracks.

I would like to see the most member turn out. The main reason I herd for low attendance was they didn't know the schedule.

I know a few members that made most of the track days haven't worked in years but can up with means to go.

So this year after the schedule is voted on I will have it printed on the Back of our Business cards for all to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 11:56 am

how many club members are there 90+??? how many drag race??? I would say maybe 10 + or - in whole club that are competitive racers, that go to different tracks and compete. It is a shame that there is this many members and only a few participate. keep up the good work Dan...
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 8:54 am

I have not been to a track that I did not like enough not to go back the only time I ever got thrown out of one was in Richmond Va. a long time ago and Lucky got mad at us once but he ,s not big enough to throw anyone out [those guy,s down in Va. were big old boys and like three of them but I wasn,t worried back then cause I was pretty fast on my feet]. Whatever the club decides on I will go with but the thing we need most [and everybody knows it] is participation. We are not going to be taken serious at these track,s when we tell them we,re coming and 6 to 8 cars show up.IF THAT. Don,Bill,Dan,Mike,Tim,Donnie,Larry, everyone on this post have brought up good points and spoke their feeling on this issue but like the car count 6 to 8 ? As a club is it to much to go for the 6x6 ? Is it the money for traveling say so and we will do something different,sadly Sunset is gone and Franklin may never be so the club will have to travel more to race, Speaking of racing everybody is right we need to go to race [myself included] 2010 season I had surgery and could not race most of the season 2011 I don,t know what I did just kinda halfway messed around 2012 I,m gonna slow the monza down and make her hit the number and get back to driving consistent. If 50% of the club shows up for whatever we do LOOK OUT tracks they will find out who we are LOL
Back to top Go down
Chevy_rules
Club Member
Club Member
Chevy_rules

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2012, 6:22 pm

Hey guys I think we should set up a couple test and tune nights seperate from the 6x6 event. I plan to run in the renegades this year( with some hard work) (thanks to Mike B) so i would appreciate that they dont happen on those days but if they do then thats fine. Dan you wont please 90 members. I think if you include Thompson a couple of times, and once at Pittsburgh,luckys, quaker, drag42 , magnolia, then most should be happy. also quaker has a friday night race and test and tune that all could have fun at, ive seen several memebrs there and you can choose to t&t or race for the money. Food for thought. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 7:05 am

My thoughts were that since some of the QEDRC members do run in the Renegade series, why not incorporate the 6 x 6 race along with the Renegade race. Now not all the QEDRC races will be at the same time as the Renegade races. And by the same token, I'm going to try and schedule the other QEDRC races at different tracks so as they aren't on the same day as the Renegade races so the folks racing can attend the QEDRC race.

As far as test & tune sessions, that's something I think you all need to set up on your own. Just post it on the website where and when a test session is going to occur, and let whomever make up their minds if they want to test.

The passing of Tom Cowle has got me thinking about our QEDRC 6 x 6 series, and I'd like to have us honor Tom in some way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 12:14 pm

That's a great idea to honor Tom in some way. Also do you think we should plan the Club Picnic on one of 6x6 race's ?
Back to top Go down
Phil N
Club Member
Club Member
Phil N

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 6:57 pm

I really enjoyed the 6x6 tour last year, maybe we should think about having the picnic at quaker city this year because with the high car counts they seem to get it would give us a lot of time to visit between runs. just a thought,I know gas will be really high this summer but I would love to take a long road trip like maybe pacemakers or beaver springs I have never been to these tracks but would like to,I think it would be a lot of fun to travel together to one of these places .I know some of us have had problems with Pittsburgh, me too , but I would like to give them another try Maybe it's because I grew up 15 min. away from the old keystone and spent a lot of my younger years there. I sure hope that Steel valley is included on the tour it's my favorite place and I think most of the guys that went down last year really enjoyed the place.
Back to top Go down
Zuluzahn
Club Member
Club Member
Zuluzahn

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 11:03 pm

Will the 6X6 be a topic at Thursday's meeting at the lube? That would be the best platform probably, when everybody is together. I know it's been a while since I made a meeting, but I'm comin....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2012, 6:16 am

I would be a great time to get some input Tim since we'll have a ''live'' audience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Club 6 x 6 tour   2012 Club 6 x 6 tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Club 6 x 6 tour
Page 1 of 1