Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Empty
PostSubject: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2012, 8:22 pm

Mr.Fox replied with
Quote :
I would like to attend and get some feed-back on having a Wed.night cruise,car show, and grudge race night at the track starting in June. What do U think???? Norm

What do you guys think? Pass the word to those that don't have internet and come share your thoughts and feelings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2012, 8:26 pm

HAHA, funny how he replied to your invite, but no ones request to have a Renegade race there again this year. Oh well, we didn't wanna go anyways.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2012, 8:35 pm

I had invited Norm to the Jan. meeting originally but just got a reply today there is a comment on there web page about e mail client being wrong and even gave his other email and phone number. So maybe there is hope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2012, 9:07 pm

Schedule is set with Thompson, so no go. Several people were sending emails, so I'm sure someone got through without response.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2012, 10:32 pm

He didn't show
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2012, 10:49 pm

I'm a little supprised, he had the second largest turnout last year at his track with the Renegade's after the Steel Vally Nats an couldn't respond to Tom's request for a race this summer an doesn't show up to a potential(though small) group of racers that may have an interest in using his track at times.?????????? Don't seem like he has as much interest in the track as we once thought, I'll bet the income from it interests him though. Frankly, I thought it was odd he said he was coming all the way to Sharon for a beer in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 7:10 am

Hopefully after the banquet there will be some news about that track and Norm's plans. I think we have to realize that Norm runs a business, a big business at that, and running Quaker City is going to be secondary to his main business. I get the feeling, and this is me only, but I think he wants to to keep Quaker City a small time track and cater to the local racers with bracket events and such. I don't think his background in racing was with drag racing and more with open wheel asphalt type cars, so maybe he's unaware of what the RRA is all about. I also think that he wants to keep the running of Quaker within the family and maybe his son Duke will play a bigger role this season.
I say we just see what happens after the banquet and what changes will be made at, and with the track. Last year had to be a blur to them with all the work done at the track, all the called races because of the water problems and all the hoops the agencies had them jumping through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 10:24 am

Well, Quaker sucked when Swindell was owner. Now it's under new ownership and they're supposed to be trying to get some customer base back. They're not doing a good job of it in my opinion.

The layout of the track sucks. They call you to the lanes and leave you there. With the hill and all, it stinks because you can't see anything as a racer. The track is marginal at best, I didn't have any fun there last year on the big end. It was like driving down a two lane blacktop road with no rubber on it.

With the cards their holding (marginal facility), they better start either improving that, or standing behind their word, because it turns people off real quickly. I just hope they remember the saying "you burn your ass, you sit on a blister".
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 10:55 am

I don't want this to turn into a Bashing thread. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. We can't afford to lose any tracks, I know this is not Norms only Business and he has proved his ability to make money so I thought last year would have been a learning curve maybe this year too..I wish them luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting   I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have invited Norm Fox to the Feb.2 meeting
Page 1 of 1