Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Thompson

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Thompson   Thompson Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 7:07 pm

It was nice to meet Pineapple ( forgot to ask your real name) and Don Turner at Thompson yesterday. If you guys would have come to our pits about 10 minutes sooner you could have seen the 832. We were somewhat happy with the results from the car. The 60' times were great but the times after that point were junk. The track was greasy and Kevin had to pedal it on all 3 runs. When we were in the staging lanes I noticed water being pulled up through the asphalt and we're thinking the same thing was happening on the track from the 330' mark and down track. Jim and his crew do a great job of prepping the track and that's why we believe it might have been water. How DeCerbo went a 4.01 is beyond us. It might have been some of the reason Bobby Martin took the lane swapping ride he did.
We should be back at Thompson on July 24th for the next Asphalt Wars. We'll be racing this Friday the 4th at Pittsburgh Raceway Park in the Pittsburgh Pro Mod race. The track has the PPM race plus a Box and No-Box race with a decent purse for each class.
Back to top Go down

Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thompson   Thompson Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2010, 7:39 pm

I should be at the next 8.90 race in July with my car. Hope to finally meet you then, if not sooner. Good luck with the cobalt, dad says it's a sweet machine.
Back to top Go down

Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thompson   Thompson Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 7:27 pm

Good seeing ya Andamo, thats one heck of a nice race car you guys got,CLEAN n SHINY !
Back to top Go down

Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thompson   Thompson Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 8:33 pm

Thanks, it looks loads better with paint rather than the wrap that was on it last season. Now if Coan would get their stuff together and fix the TH400 once and fo all. You would think a $6000 transmission would perform better than ours........and we understand 4 others. Wish we would have gone with a Abbruzi instead.
We're planning on seeing what it runs this Friday before making up our minds about the ADRL race in Michigan. If we can get into the teens or better, we'll go. If not, we'd be ducks in the first round. We use C23 normally as gas but the car made a bunch more hp on the dyno with the Q16 gas. Of course we understand it's instant headaches and nose bleeds using that stuff. It's legal to use in the XPS class in the ADRL. We got behind with the transmission problems and the guard rail incident at Farmington and we're still playing catch-up.

That's a neat class you guys run in the 8.90 deal. How many cars were there in that class ? It's hard to watch the racing and keep up with the car.
Back to top Go down

Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thompson   Thompson Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 8:46 pm

I think there were 22 cars in the 8.90 class, a good start for a new race. I got a rossler th400 an got 4 seasons out of it before a couiple hundred dollar freshen up. No where near the level of yours though but carl does know 3 speeds as good as anyone I think an he's only 45 minutes from my house. Good luck in the Burgh !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thompson   Thompson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thompson
Page 1 of 1