Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Hi nice to meet ya'll

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
onefastermonte85

Hi nice to meet ya'll Empty
PostSubject: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 1:30 pm

Hi my name is Gregg I am from Erie,pa, I own a 1985 Monte carlo. I was introduced to this website yesterday while racing at lowville (lucky drag city). Don (z28) and Lil Z told me to check this website out, because it has allot of fellow drag people.

I run a 468 bbc, with a f1r procharger on pump gas. The fastest i've been is 9.90's shutting off at the 1000 ft because of tune issues. I have never overcome those tune issues thus far, but I think i'm getting close to figuring out what the problem is.

Either way. Nice to meet ya'll.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eriestreetmachines.com
moterhead
Club Member
Club Member
moterhead

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 2:09 pm

Welcome to the site. I was also at Luckys on Sat. I hadn't been there for about 10 years but I'll be going back soon. Hope that you get the tune issues figured out soon, then hang on tight!!!!
Back to top Go down
MonteMike79

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 2:15 pm

My name is Mike I'm from Erie as well, I have an '83 Monte Carlo with a n/a 413 small block on pump gas. I was there yesterday with Gregg without my car, just helping him trying to get his car running right. I'm hoping to get out to Thompsons in the next few weeks with mine.

Nice to meet everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
moterhead
Club Member
Club Member
moterhead

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 3:59 pm

Welcome Mike, sounds like you guys have some fast Montes, lookin forward to seeing them. Not sure when we'll be up there again, but everyone of us that drove up there had a good time and there was talk of going back soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 7:06 pm

Welcome Gregg and Mike, it was good to see you guys and Norb yesterday. It was also nice to finally meet Beth, Gregg. Hope you guys keep playing this summer and we see you more often....
Back to top Go down
theelcaminokid

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 7:18 pm

yep im a newbie too, im Norb and i have an 87 el camino with a 496 ci bbc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 7:40 pm

It was good to see ya guys , its been awhile an thats gotta change, its always nice to race an BS with ya all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 7:43 pm

It was really nice meeting you guys, I hope to post some video of the cars yesterday so stay tune...I had a fun time at Lucky's yesterday, I'm sure you will be seeing more of us this season! Oh and welcome to our site!!!
Back to top Go down
onefastermonte85

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 11:35 pm

pineapple, if you have any good photo's or footage of my car i'd like to see how its launching. On a few occassions it pulled to the left pretty bad, but on the last few times out, it didn't pull that way. I think I may adjust the upper control arm a hair though.
I also need to figure out if i'm running to lean. It was breaking up at the 1k foot mark.
Back to top Go down
MonteMike79

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2010, 11:51 am

ya hopefully we'll get out more this yr, last yr was busy with the house and now baby this yr, we'll see how it works. Was definetly nice to get out again and see you guys, and nice to meet some new guys there and with this site as well. I think we're gonna shoot to get out to thompsons on sat july 24 to do some testing, if anyone else wants to come join us Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2010, 12:00 pm

The track should be hooking for the Asphalt Wars & the 8.90 race....I will be there! http://www.thompsonracewaypark.com/
Back to top Go down
onefastermonte85

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2010, 3:21 pm

mike, idk if the 24th will be the best time to test. the asphalt wars will pack thompsons. We'd be lucky to get 2 runs in.
Back to top Go down
MonteMike79

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2010, 4:18 pm

when do you want to go ? I wanted to get out at least once in July, maybe another time in August, before we go to Norwalk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2010, 7:16 pm

onefastermonte85 wrote:
mike, idk if the 24th will be the best time to test. the asphalt wars will pack thompsons. We'd be lucky to get 2 runs in.
At the last show I had 3 time trial runs and then lost in the 1st round........my best 60' ever!
Back to top Go down
onefastermonte85

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 6:28 pm

mike we could go the week of roar on the shore or the 31st of july?

what time does thompsons open their doors on saturday?
what time do they start doing the competition? I figure if we could get a few hours without having to rush tha'td work for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 6:48 pm

Guys, the 24th will probably be the best time to make some runs if you're a high hp car. Jim and his crew do a good job of prepping the track for the Asphalt Wars and Outlaw Open cars. There will probably be a extra 70 cars between the Asphalt Wars, Outlaw Open and Renegade Warrior cars. PLEASE don't hold me to those counts though. Plus it's a weekly points day for the regular Thompson racers.
Gates open at 11:00, but if too many cars are out on the road, they'll open the gates earlier and let folks in. I'm not sure when TT begins.

FYI- They have Weds. night grudge racing that is $12.00 to race with the gates opening at 5:00. I have no idea of the track prep on the Weds. nights though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 6:50 pm

Any day at Thompson is better than the best day anywhere else. Dad ran the 7.94 pass on Wednesday night test and tune with mostly street cars....Thompson has been hookin' great for the last 2 or 3 years. The guys/gals there sure have come along way in prepping a world class race surface....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 7:04 pm

Don, I didn't realize that was a Weds. night your Dad rotated the earth ! And yes, it's a good hooking track as long as the surface isn't too hot. Except for DeCerbo, all of us in the Asphalt Wars cars were loose from the 400' mark downtrack. I shot the track before the second TT and the track surface was 130* ! We had 3 sub 1 second 60' times though, so the starting line was there. So hopefully with the new tires and switching to the Q16, we'll try and do a little earth rotating ourselves.
You are going to be there on the 24th, right ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 7:18 pm

I'm gonna be there the 24th for the 8.90 race. I gotta few odds and ends to take care of before that, but should have no trouble getting there. I'm not gonna be in the 8.90s, as my converter is too tight and I can't get the car to leave hard. It was 1.52 60' at Lucky Land on Saturday in Erie. Ran 6.52 @ 105 in the 1/8 twice, so it's really consistent, just slow leaving. If I can iron out the converter deal it should run really low 6's on motor. I'm gonna hook the transbrake up for motor passes and see if that helps. I'm afraid to change converters as the car was built for the bottle, and I'm afraid of blowing through the converter when I spray it. I won't know more on that until I try it though, so I'm gonna hook the brake up and try it for the 8.90 race for now. Maybe that'll bandaid it enough to be competitive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 7:19 pm

Haha Dan, you gotta talk to your driver cause after the 400' mark there's only 260' to go....tell him to just hang on at that point, it's almost over, haha!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 8:47 am

Lil Z take the stutter pill out set the transbrake put her to the floor and let go of the oh sh--t button on the last yellow and you will find the weak link thats how I do it in the monza LOL And a big welcome to all the new guy,s on the site hope you like it Toot has done magic with it!!!
Back to top Go down
MonteMike79

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 9:20 pm

Gregg I thought you didn't wanna go during the bike rally. I'll go that day, I just have a few things to do to get the car ready. We can test all day before racing starts at 5, so we have a while to play with.
Back to top Go down
theelcaminokid

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 10:28 pm

maybe if my funds are good ill take mine too
Back to top Go down
onefastermonte85

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 6:39 pm

norb and mmike, don (z28) was saying there may be a track rental sunday. Maybe we should find out about that. It may be a better time to run, esp since it wont be as rushed. I propose we go to the track rental.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 7:52 pm

There is a rental at Thompson Sunday !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi nice to meet ya'll   Hi nice to meet ya'll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi nice to meet ya'll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next