Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Magnolia drag strip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Magnolia drag strip Empty
PostSubject: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2012, 2:07 pm

I've found out that Dixie has Magnolia up for sale. She's saying after 18 years of running the place it's time someone else takes over the running of the place. So if you don't have anything to spend your Christmas cash on and always wanted to own a dragstrip, now's your chance.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 6:37 am

Quote :
AS THE YEARS HAVE PASSED WE HAVE ALL PUT OUR HEARTS AND SOULS INTO MAGNOLIA DRAG STRIP EVERY SEASON THE BIG QUESTION IS MAG GONNA OPEN AGAIN THIS SEASON, I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 18 YEARS AND MAYBE IT IS TIME FOR A NEW FACE AND NEW RULES, THAT IS UP TO YOU IF YOU HAVE A REASONABLE OFFER I AM HERE TO LISTEN PLEASE E MAIL ME AT MCCREERY3113@AOL.COM OR CALL 330-866-1500 I WILL NOT TALK PRICES OR BUSSINESS ON THIS WEB PAGE. IF NO REASONABLE OFFER THEN I WILL GO FROM THERE. ALL THE AWARDS PACKAGES HAVE BEEN HANDED OUT OR MAILED, THERFORE WE WILL NOT BE HAVING A BANQUET. LETS JUST HOPE THE 2012 SEASON IS A GREAT SEASON FOR ALL. THANK YOU DIXIE MCCREERY
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 9:43 am

Wow I did,nt see that coming that,s all we need, to lose another track even though it is a long drive for me it is still a great little track. Hopefully someone will buy it and keep it going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 10:40 am

I'm not sure of the particulars with Magnolia, but the track is located on a designated flood plain and the US Corps of Engineers have a say so on when the buildings can be moved onto the site and the buildings have to be off the land by a specific date. So anyone buying the place doesn't actually own the ground itself, but is buying the assets of the track.
I believe Steel Valley has a similar deal in that whoever owns the place, doesn't own the land since it's part of a state park.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2012, 9:26 am

Quote :

January 25, 2012 11:14 AM
Dixie, Does this mean that if no one buys the business or leases the land, the track will not operate this year? Is the lease for this year already in place? We as races like to know, so we can make other plans if the track is not going to operate.
DIXIE MCCREERY said:

January 25, 2012 9:20 PM
TOM, YOU ARE CORRECT IF NO ONE COMES FORWARD WITH A REAL OFFER SOON MAG WILL NOT BE RUNNING THIS SEASON. I HAVE TWO YEARS LEFT ON MY LEASE WHICH CAN BE TRANSFERED TO A NEW OPERATOR, HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS.

DIXIE MCCREERY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2012, 10:23 am

There is a post on DRR by a racer at Magnolia saying the rumor there is a buyer. It sounds like the racer knows him and is a respected person. Lets hope it all pans out and there is another track to race at and not be closed up.

Last edited by Andamo on January 28th 2012, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2012, 10:42 am

That is great news
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2012, 10:09 am

It looks like tie deal went through and Jim Rankl and Tad Ries are the new owners of Magnolia. Jim Kinney and Dave Ray will be the manager/operators.

http://www.magnoliadragstripinc.com/
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2012, 10:22 am

This is great news!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2012, 7:04 am

I'm reading now that the deal with Magnolia isn't quite complete. Hopefully it's just a matter of crossing T's and dotting I's to make the change of ownership final.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2012, 7:14 am

It looks like the legalities of the purchase of Magnolia have been taken care of and Rankel & Ries are the new owners. They will continue to race on Sundays and there will be a guaranteed $1000 payout every Sunday to the winner of the Super Pro and Pro class winners.

They must be designing a new website since the old site is now shutdown.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2012, 8:00 am

Thats good new,s [I don,t go there much it,s a long drive for me ] but it is a nice track and a good time.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 5:30 pm

New website is up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magnolia drag strip   Magnolia drag strip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magnolia drag strip
Page 1 of 1