Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Renegade racing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2012, 1:20 pm

I just want to get some opinions on the Renegade Racing cars. If you read the rules, the cars have to maintain a street appearance with full dashboards, carpeting and inside door panels and a minimum amount of decals. But now I see that they've eliminated the muffler rule in the OLS class. Do you think the cars in OLS, or any class for that matter, should have to have mufflers ?

Another thing is the wheelie bars. Whenever I go to a occasional cruise, purely out of boredom mind you, I never see any cars with wheelie bars fitted to them and I don't recall ever seeing a car going down the road with them. I can remember back a few years ago when Hot Rod Magazine had the Fastest Street Car races and when a local Pittsburgh racer showed up with his '34 Ford with wheelie bars, they made him remove them because it wasn't in the ''spirit'' of street car racing. Do you all feel the cars should be allowed to have wheelie bars or not ?
Back to top Go down
Chevy_rules
Club Member
Club Member
Chevy_rules

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Renegade RAcing OLS   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2012, 9:41 pm

First I dont race in OLS so my opinion doesnt count, but i agree with them cutting the muffler requirement. People spend more time and money putting something that appears like a muffler under a car., now its simple(not required). As far as wheelie bars in OLS thats ok, its not street class its outlaw street. These guys are putting alot of power to a small tire and they have to plant them hard so why not protect the car and the person in the car, even if it doesnt look like street show car. 1st week I seen 10 guys beating the crap out of thier machines and running the edge to entertain the crowd, I think they will work out the details among themselves and the RRA staff.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2012, 11:03 pm

If this is an open discussion about the renegade series I will have to add my two cents. I have not been able to run the class yet so I have to say it like Bill said it my voice dosen,t really count yet . If I don,t run the class it dosen,t do me any good to fuss over the rules but I am so sick and tired of bracket racing that I can,t wait to run with the renegades and it has to be one of the best classes for budget racers that has come along in a while. Meaning that it gives us poor guys several chance,s [10.50,9.90,8.90,OLS] to get out of the masses of bracket racers. I have nothing against average bracket racers I have been one for many years but to know there is a class [Renegades] that will change things up is great for me so now all I have to do is get my butt in gear and make the old Monza get in there.
Back to top Go down

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 7:42 am

First off, I just want all to know that I love the organization and the concept of heads-up racing. The problem I see is calling it a Street Car class when none of them are actually driven to the track or could pass a state inspection the way they race. Granted the mufflers they have on them look like a python that swallowed a pig but this muffler rule came about after just 1 race from what I gather.
As far as the wheelie bars being a safety factor, yes they are that and the turbo cars really need them downtrack when the boost really comes on and the trans. brake equipped cars need them leaving the line, but as I've said, how many everyday street cars have and use wheelie bars.
I guess what I have a problem with is the overall concept of the OLS class. These classes all start out with good intentions, which Tommy and Paul envisioned, but I think Krystal is being influenced by some of the racers to see it their way and make it rules specific to them. There was a rule change made in early May that let the BBC cars on nitrous weigh less than last season. Why was that done, it worked last year ? And now the muffler rule. What's next ?

The way I see it is that Outlaw means no rules at all except for safety and Street means a certain set of rules at all have to abide by. Having weight rules is a joke anyways since Thompson doesn't have scales and the cars aren't weighed coming down the return road and you're relying on the racers saying what their cars weigh. I'm sure the majority of the racers are honest in claiming what they weigh, but then again, how do you know ?

Again, please don't take this a a slam against the RRA because I really would like to see it succeed and grow. But I've seen too many organizations start out with the best intentions and little by little get undermined by a few people trying to push their own agenda to try and win on terms they dictate and not the balance of the class and organization.
Back to top Go down
Little Z28

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 9:38 am

Okay Dan,

Regarding OLS and how you don't like the class rules and you've thrown Kristal and the racers under the bus about changing rules. Kristal has had nothing to do with changing the rules and neither have the racers.

Just an FYI, I have a PM from Tommy himself last fall about dropping the muffler rule because they decided from day one to follow Milan's OLS rules. Last year Milan dropped the muffler rule because there's no performance loss or gain with them. We're not racing near a city like down south, so there's no point in them.

The 16 car field rule came about because Milan has an all run field now. We sent two racers home at the end of May for not making the field. After a rule review, they determined we should open it up to more folks so the class and series can grow, which most agreed with. Tommy's vision was to match Milan's rules and that's what we've done.

BBC nitrous was dropped to 2800 lbs because Milan's rules were too. Don't believe me, look it up. I don’t think that anyone in the class is racing underweight. If we did there are several folks with portable scales that we can use if someone gets protested.

For a lot of us, wheelie bars are a safety device. Guys don’t spend thousands of dollars to build a car to get it banged up doing unnecessary wheelies. I’ve done it and the bars are on to stay on account of it. No one has any gripe with wheelie bars except you.

The RRA had an excellent turnout in all classes for the first race. I believe 72 cars amount four classes. 10 in OLS and 12 in 8.90. Don’t tell me OLS is not what people want to see.

If you don’t like the rules or cars, that’s okay. However, you’ve crossed a line by throwing Kristal and the racers under the bus for changing rules. Right now the series is setup just as Tommy wanted it. Don’t like it, tough. Bash us all you want on the internet because you don’t like some of us and see how far that gets you. Until you build a car or pilot a car in excess of 1000 hp in the class your opinion means nothing.

We’ll see how long this stays until it gets deleted and cleaned up…….

Have a good one.
Back to top Go down

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 9:53 am

Thanks for answering the real reason for the thread. By the way, the next time you talk with your Dad, have him send me the specific reason, or reasons, he's made the accusations about me. Seems he won't answer the PM's I've sent him about it.
Back to top Go down
Little Z28

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 10:06 am

He's not replying for the same reason we haven't been on here and aren't club members any longer. Too many folks, yourself included with no rides and wanting all the pull in the world. Like I said, I'm pretty sure this will get deleted, so oh well, hope everyone reads it before it does.

We left the club for one reason and everyone knows it. Politics. There are too many people here that don't have cars, never had cars, never will have cars. Now the people with no cars are trying to run the show so we're out.

We've seen a bunch of members at the track and have talked to them all and will continue to talk to them all. I don't have a problem with anyone here except for those pulling all the weight and having nothing to back it up but the keyboard.

Dan, you're real sly sending all the stuff you don't want people seeing in PM's. You're also real good at having others clean up your trail after you've made a muddy path you can't talk your way out of. I'm sure this will all get cleaned up and no one will see the mess here, but don't worry, I've copied it all this time. If you want to talk to dad or don't like him or his car, call him out on the bullet in public where everyone can see it. He's got mufflers, wheelie bars and is up over 2900 lbs. Both cars are 100% legal for OLS. Like I said, until you make a pass down the track in your life, your opinions don't mean much to us. Quit acting like you don't know why we left the club. You know damn well why we left. You ran off several people with cars, now the clubs left with a carless rule nit-picker.
Back to top Go down
Little Z28

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 10:15 am

[quote="Andamo"]Thanks for answering the real reason for the thread.[quote]

Next time you want answers to your questions, why don't you grow some nuts and go straight to the source of folks who can answer them? Afterall, aren't you real tight with the Renegade rules committee and Kristal? Your questions would get answered alot faster that way, just sayin'.

But.....you probably really didn't want to have to confront Kristal and the other guys about it because they'll see through you too. I guess it's just easier to pussy foot around the topic here than take it up with them since again, being carless, you have no pull and know it.
Back to top Go down

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 10:47 am

First off, I have all the respect in the world for Kristal, as I did Tommy also. I'm the one that set Tommy up for the radio interview and he was very appreciative of it.

I've been accused of something by 1 person and have repeatedly asked my accuser what I did, and I've never gotten a answer. I've tried to keep this between him and I but he refuses to answer me and give me a SPECIFIC instance. I'm not going to drag the RRA into this because as I have said, it's a great organization, well run and provides racers and spectators with good heads up racing. Now that I know this will get back to him, I'm awaiting his answer. The whole purpose of my orignal thread wasn't about weights, wheelie bars and such. It was to get a response from my accuser and have him say he wasn't getting my PM's. And by the way, unless I'm over ridden, these threads will all stay.

And for your information, I knew about the weight rule at Milan and had heard about the dropping of the muffler rule too. Believe me, I know what is going on.

And as far as me not having a ride, I think I saw all of your hands in the air when Skip asked for a vote at the Christmas party to let me in the club. Kind of two-faced of you all to do that and turn around and say I don't race, don't you think ?

Back to top Go down
Little Z28

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 11:45 am

Andamo wrote:
And as far as me not having a ride, I think I saw all of your hands in the air when Skip asked for a vote at the Christmas party to let me in the club. Kind of two-faced of you all to do that and turn around and say I don't race, don't you think ?

That was before your antics and timely editting started running good folks off from the club. Once that began we ducked out too. Don't act like you don't know why we left. You accused Dad of running off with no explanation. You didn't deserve one. You felt threatened when some members posted about certain members not racing, made some phone calls, cleaned up some things that you posted (I saw them), and gained too much power as far as what was allowed to stay on the board and what you were threatened by.

We all tolerated that you didn't have a car, until some really good friends were run off. We're done with clubs forever. They all go this way, I told Dad from day one that it would end this way. We'll be at the tracks and car cruises like we always have been. We'll always have our close group of friends who share in that as well.

We will not be associated with the politics of this club or any club. Like I said, we still talk to everyone at the track that we've seen and they know it. Like the old saying goes, you eventually find out who your friends are. And until you build a car and are in the adjacent lane from me, your role in the club is non-existent to me. If you're the photo-child for the Quarter Eights then so be it....

Best of luck to you....
Back to top Go down

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 12:11 pm

I'll ask you the same thing as I did your Dad, give me SPECIFIC instances as to what I did. Don't deal in generalities. In life a man needs to face his accuser be it in everyday life, or in the court room in front of a mortal or before God, and that's all I'm where I am right now asking.

Also, may I ask whom I personally chased away from the club ?

And I must have asked Skip and Toot numerous times about me not being a non-racing member and if would cause problems and I was assured it wasn't a issue.
Back to top Go down
Little Z28

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 12:31 pm

I'm not getting more people involved in this than already are. Look around, see who's not here any more, you're a smart guy, you can figure it out. I wasn't going to say anything because you and Dad talked in PM's and he was tired of it so he quit. When you took it public, you opened up a huge can of worms. You can't honestly think that you can accuse him of cheating on here and bending rules without consequence?

I'm leaving for vacation here, so I'm done for the week. If you happen to show up Saturday at the Renegade Race you are the only person on the property that is not welcome in our pit.
Back to top Go down

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 12:50 pm

Sorry to disappoint you but the purpose of my original post was to draw my accusers out and it wasn't to accuse him, or anyone else in the class of cheating. If I had to do it that way and as you say ''taking it pubic'' so be it. I think anyone that is accused of something needs to know what their accused of. I believe that's one of the tenants of our judicial system, isn't it ?

I can see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I can see you can't give me specific reasons either.

As far as looking around as to who left, I honestly don't know many of the people in the club, or who was in the club. Again I ask you, tell me who ? If you feel you need to do this privately, my PM is always awaiting.

Being the Christian person I am, I hope you both race safe and no harm comes to you.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 1:44 pm

I feel renegade racing series is 1 of the best thing that's happened in a long time to drag racing!
I also don't want this to turn into the hatfields and mccoys.

I also think the z' s. have done alot of good for QEDRC and the Renegades ( Donating trophies And the money)

Dan you have also donated t shirts and your time scheduling the 6 by 6 tour.

Back to top Go down
Chevy_rules
Club Member
Club Member
Chevy_rules

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Boards are evil    Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 1:58 pm

Dan I responded to your comment in good faith with my opinon of what I thought, which doesnt mean a hole lot but I see your comments was only posted to take a poke at someone else. If I knew you were only posting to Draw someone out and bash them then I could have saved my time and not responded to you like a fellow drag racer. In your post you said you were drawing someone out ?????? I agree with Little Z this is what kills clubs. This will be my last post on this site also i never did like message boards, If anyone is looking for me I will either be laying under my car working on it or in the seat racing, lately its mostly been under it working on it. See you guys at the strip or meetings.
Back to top Go down

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 2:16 pm

I've been accused of something and repeated messages to my accuser were never answered. As I told Toot, I didn't want to go pubic with it on YB because I didn't want Kristal involved since I do believe in the RRA. I'm giving you my personal apology right here for doing it the way I did. My personal reputation has been compromised by accusations against me for things that I have supposidly done on this message board and I think I have a right to defend myself.

Please don't make this your last post. My back was up against the wall and I'm sorry you got involved because I really didn't think there would be any posts to my thread.

I can see that I've created a lot of turmoil and that's the last thing I wanted to do. So it is with great reluctance I'm submitting my resignation from the club. Good luck to all of you in your private lives and racing lives and thank you for your friendship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Renegade racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade racing   Renegade racing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renegade racing
Page 1 of 1