Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Any Thoughts about club events this summer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Empty
PostSubject: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 9:11 am

We should get some dates together for Races we want to go to. I think there are a few trophies leftover from last years batch (Thanks again Mr.Z)
last year our first outing was at Sunset April 11th, hopefully we can get a list together to vote on at the next meeting so we can hammer out a few opportunities for Little Z get his name on the King of the hill list lol never know maybe Rocky will show Skip a thing or two....
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 9:50 am

That is definitely something to be hashed out who has Ideas ? Lets take our time so the guys outside the club burn their tires up on the green tracks LOL
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 9:20 pm

List of tracks the club should try to hit this year:

Magnolia
Quaker
Steel Valley
PRP
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 10:02 pm

Thompson is open on april 9 that is my b-day, Wonder where I will be ? Happy b-day to me !!! I am going for my IHRA lic. this should be interesting LOL
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 10:04 pm

Uh-oh... I think that little Monza is going to be rocking out Thompson and Quaker this year? :?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 10:10 pm

Stay tuned L.T. I am very interested in the 8.90 index it sounds like a blast. I am looking forward to Quaker and Thompson plus some of the other tracks mentioned. It won,t be every weekend but I,ll go as far as my money will take me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2011, 6:14 pm

I'm not gonna be beating on my stuff too much this summer. Gonna pull out the old rear this weekend and start the four link. Hopefully I'll be done with that in 3 or 4 weekends. Gonna hit up Thompson and a few other well treated tracks when I feel like it. There's no chance I'll have a shot at the King title, wait till you see what Dad went and did this winter. I'm hoping for some 8.70's or 8.80's on motor on the 29.5x10.5s, and maybe spray a few 1/8 mile passes to see what it'll do. I won't have any wheelie bars on til mid or late summer probably, so I gotta tame it down on the line to keep it off the bumper. Don't want any more scares this summer. Outlaw Limited Street is not gonna happen because I refuse to put mufflers on my car, there's no room, and I'm not working 3 weeks to make room for them. Gonna run the 8.90 deal and hope not to break out too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 7:15 am

Don, when you say muffler, do you mean a real honest to goodness muffler, or do the kind that look like just a swollen hunk of pipe at the end of the collector qualify as a muffler ? Also, are wheelie bars going to be allowed in OLS ? I know they don't go with the street class image the organization wants, but just for pure safety reasons they should be allowed.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 7:56 am

Well I guess Zoomies are out of the question then LOL
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member
Firebird Benson

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 11:55 am

glasspacks are considered mufflers from an inspection standpoint, also the tuck up underneath car pretty good too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 1:47 pm

Skip, heck you could bolt on 8 Flowmasters to each pipe ! The added weight should help with the wheelies too. Plus, you'd have your 15 minutes of glory on You Tube also ! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 4:39 pm

Dan, a 4" long burns muffler is a muffler in all classes that I'm away of. I guess Milan and Thompson have both dropped the muffler rule, so I'll be legal for OLS or 8.90. It'll just depend on my mood I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 8:35 pm

Wheelie bars are also legal in OLS, not so much in the radial only tire classes. All I gotta do is pop them off if the rules change regarding that. Well, after I have some that is....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 6:09 am

Don,
You need a set of these. Nice and light and easy to handle.

http://www.jerrybickel.com/wheelie-bars-and-components/carbon-fiber-wheelie-bars-gmm-cwb-72.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 6:15 am

Andamo wrote:
Don,
You need a set of these. Nice and light and easy to handle.

http://www.jerrybickel.com/wheelie-bars-and-components/carbon-fiber-wheelie-bars-gmm-cwb-72.html

You buyin'?? Haha!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 6:38 am

Damn 5 grand
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 7:16 am

Hey Dan I can flip over easier than coming up with that kind of money LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 12:13 pm

I can buy alot of Canton pans, Racecraft Inc K-members and Ed Quay headers for $5000. And a few rear bumpers...
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 9:04 pm

I here that L.Z. those ladder bars look real good but that money could be well spent on say some NOS and a trip to the Don Gartlis museum in Fla. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2011, 10:25 am

Don, I hope you know I was only kidding when I sent that ad for the $5000 wheelie bars out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2011, 10:35 pm

Andamo wrote:
Don, I hope you know I was only kidding when I sent that ad for the $5000 wheelie bars out.

Yeah I know...I'd run them though if you were buyin'. I'll even put your name on the car if you'd like!

Got my old rearend out and got the new housing narrowed to the propep length. Third member is in, filler bung and cap are installed, and the drain is installed. Ordering axles tomorrow and hopefully get the ladder bar brackets cleaned out of the car next weekend and maybe start tacking in the four link brackets. Got a few weeks of work, but I'm getting started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Thoughts about club events this summer?   Any Thoughts about club events this summer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Thoughts about club events this summer?
Page 1 of 1