Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway

Go down 
+2
Little Toot
Toot
6 posters
AuthorMessage

August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Empty
PostSubject: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 12:04 pm

Folks,
I've thought this over now for a week now, and want to run this by all of you. Due to the poor way one of our club members was treated at Pittsburgh Raceway Park recently, I'd like to get your opinion on us all going to a different track that day, or just cancelling it all together. The decison is up to you. I know in good conscience I won't be going and supporting this track. Thanks.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 1:54 pm

I will not be going either and what ever you and everybody else decide is fine with me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 6:30 pm

What exactly happened an to whom?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 8:15 pm

I'd like to know toooo....can't leave us hanging like that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 8:32 pm

we could gather a posse an head down there for a good ole fashion azz wooping or something if its nessecery.lol
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 8:43 pm

I do not ever plan on going back to PRP either.... I do not want what happened to him, happen to a club member, especially to BEAM BLOCK... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 8:49 pm

lets air it out if something went down, How can a club cancel something if no one knows whats going on.???????????
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 8:53 pm

Mr. Z an Lil Z, I sent you too a PM. Anyone else wanna know, PM me.

Timmy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 8:58 pm

Don't know what to say , ya got screwed bad, part of life's lessons we all gotta take. Been there an done that lil Toot, sorry for ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 8:59 pm

we could still get that posse together, a Bandaid would be way more effective than a ban.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 9:03 pm

Heads up racing is where it's at...no interpretation to be had there....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 9:09 pm

I was at Lucky's years ago an went some rounds, ran 5 passes 4 were a 11.17 an one was a 11.16. Beat everyone in the class, twice, Lucky started letting his local boyz "buy Back". two times I beat the Marr Bros' an finally the third time he got me by a bumper bolt an I broke out an lost. Somethings ain't fair an it happens a lot more than it should. I've never seen any track that allowed more than one buy back except there an only for a few. It happened ther a second time about 3 years ago on his Super Showdown, I went some rounds an heard him on the speaker offering buy backs the second time so I loaded up an went home , ya can't beat people like that, ever, they won't allow it. An the SOB's are nicer than hell to your face an want ya to come race an give em your money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 9:13 pm

me a lil Z might go down an run that class, I could ride with him an put the bitch into the wall if it'd make ya feel better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 9:16 pm

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but I've seen worse happen. This really shouldn't deter anyone from going to PRP to try it out for themselves. Yes I agree it sucks, but it's not the end of the world. You guys have raced at Sunset long enough to realize that when it's not your day, there's a switch in the tower, and it's not your day....
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 11:48 pm

yea I agree 100% with little z and big z! some tracks do have there favorites and some people could be paying other people off ya never know whats going on! But some times things are just not fair! Happens to any track anywhere you go no one is perfect!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 6:01 am

Brock, you're wrong, it doesn't happen everywhere. We've all heard about this happening over the years at Sunset, Norwalk and especially Lucky's if you're not a local. Even in the Mossey and Swindell years I never heard this going on at Quaker, and never heard it happening at Thompson. I do know over the years it did happen at PRP especially in the Jr. dragster class if a certain person was racing. I think at most of the tracks the racers are smart and know when crap is going down.

I think what pisses me off about this situation, besides the racer getting screwed over, is the lack of parenting skills of the offening racers parents. Teaching your children it's ok to lie and cheat isn't a accepted way of raising children.
Back to top Go down
Blair

Blair

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 6:11 am

It did happen at quaker last year to bill benson twice. they have some quaker race team members that win all the time.
Back to top Go down
Blair

Blair

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 6:12 am

But we still go back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 7:04 am

Wow, I was unaware of that happening at Quaker. I stand corrected. I knew there was cheating going on among the racers in some of the classes and was being overlooked, but didn't realized it was happening in the tower too.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 8:12 am

It is sad that some of these tracks you go to are so bad you should run you,re Time trial,s and when it comes time to race flip a coin [heads I win Tails you lose]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 8:20 pm

I don't think there's anything you or we as a club can do to stop this or even the score. It goes on much more than people realize an some owners or managers don't seem to care at all about anyones feelings. About all ya can do is ponder the situation an decide wether ya want to go back an beat them an hope they get nervous of being caught an quit their games if it would even work, or just stay away an avoid the idiots. Depends on how bad ya feel about it. Me, I just tell everyone I see how bad I was treated an what happened at Norwalk an hoped every time it would erode the loyalty there. Don't know if it worked or not but 3 years later the racers have seen threw Bader an there is No Heads Up Program Friday nights any longer, was it me, doubt it, but it sure felt good when he announce the end of the program because he screwed others too an the series failed. I never asked anyone to stay away or anything to help me, alot of people enjoy lots of differant events there an are treated great, the same is prolly true of PRP .Hopefully maybe your misfortune will eventually catch up to the idiots that mistreated you, "What comes around Goes around" is the ole saying an I think they will get theirs someday for being just rotten people. whether the club botcotts the place or not don't really matter one way or other to me, I have'nt been there in 3 years anyways. Not much there for my car. Sorry for the long post just trying to make ya feel better.
Back to top Go down
eliminator528

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 10:12 pm

Blair wrote:
It did happen at quaker last year to bill benson twice. they have some quaker race team members that win all the time.

The high school and college kids running the computers in the tower couldn't even enter dial-in's and car numbers correctly, yet you think they are setting the clocks up? LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2011, 7:11 am

I'm not suggesting that the club boycott's any track because of how someone was treated. This is everyone's personal decision to make. By us boycotting a place to race doesn't mean a hill of beans to certain track owners. I just wanted to put it out there and see how the rest of the club members feel.
My personal decision is not to go and if it weren't for me helping on the GXP in the Pro Mod events there, I wouldn't set foot in this track. The tracks loss of my $5 (senior discount you know) doesn't mean squat to them, but I have myself to live with. Plus, if anyone should ask about the track, I'll tell them how they might be treated there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway   August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August QEDRC club at Pittsburgh Raceway
Page 1 of 1